The Student Room Group

Israel's a nuclear threat to the entire world

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HeritageofEurope
iran is the nuclear threat to the world, not israel.

The country without nuclear weapons is a greater 'nuclear threat to the world' than a country with 80-400+ nuclear warheads?

Right.
Pakistan's nuclear weapons are far more worrying than Israel's.
Original post by Law-Hopeful
The country without nuclear weapons is a greater 'nuclear threat to the world' than a country with 80-400+ nuclear warheads?

Right.

Because they are the only country who are actually talking about using them.

Iranian surrogate groups like Hezbollah had, and I think still do, have the nuclear mushroom cloud as their party flag.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JohnPaul_
Because they are the only country who are actually talking about using them.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Wait, so you're saying Iran have actually discussed using nuclear weapons? Any evidence to support that (ludicrous) claim?

No mention of the fatwa issued against nuclear weapons (by the Supreme Leader of Iran no less)?

Didn't think so.
Original post by NicholasRomanov
Dutch-Israeli military historian Martin van Creveld in an interview with Dutch magazine Elsevier

Original post by NicholasRomanov
There's more

Source please?

Original post by Deformed_Pigeon
What reason would Israel have for nuking the world? North Korea is the biggest threat.

Nuking the Arab states could very easily provoke a major war... (Not necessarily a world war though)

I dont think North Korea is a threat really.

As cracked.com says

"North korea are basically like the YouTube trolls of the international community"
Reply 25
Original post by de_monies
Source please?

Nuking the Arab states could very easily provoke a major war... (Not necessarily a world war though)

I dont think North Korea is a threat really.

As cracked.com says

"North korea are basically like the YouTube trolls of the international community"

North koreas danger is in their constant attempts to pass on nuclear and missile technology to other states and organisations

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aj12
North koreas danger is in their constant attempts to pass on nuclear and missile technology to other states and organisations

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is a fair point, but they themselves are pretty powerless
Wait, so you're saying Iran have actually discussed using nuclear weapons? Any evidence to support that (ludicrous) claim?

No mention of the fatwa issued against nuclear weapons (by the Supreme Leader of Iran no less)?

Didn't think so.

And all the treaties they've signed and stacks of Korans they have sworn on, but in all seriousness, do you think they are lying? I do. Only because the government which is trying to pursue nuclear weaponry are very powerful and contain groups that are pro-Islam.

And Islam and radical Muslims are the only group of people talking about using them and wishing the start of the end. The all and out war on infidels.

Theocracy is a threat on its own, what the Iranian regime does on it's own is enough, but just wait until they get hold of an apocalyptic weapon, uranium enriched as the evidence shows, then we will all realise in the west that we need not worry about Israel where Iran is concerned.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KittyRe-play
I HATE Israel so much!

Do you feel bad that they continually keep beating invading Arab armies that try to invade them?
You said that Iran "are actually talking about using them [nuclear weapons]", are you going to substantiate this lie or pretend it doesn't exist?

Original post by JohnPaul_
And all the treaties they've signed and stacks of Korans they have sworn on, but in all seriousness, do you think they are lying? I do. Only because the government which is trying to pursue nuclear weaponry are very powerful and contain groups that are pro-Islam.

During the Iran-Iraq war, even when Saddam used chemical weapons on Iranian troops (with the covert backing of the west, might I add) Iran didn't use WMDs in response, so why would they seek to develop such weapons now, when their Supreme Leader has categorically banned even seeking such weapons?

Theocracy is a threat on its own, what the Iranian regime does on it's own is enough, but just wait until they get hold of an apocalyptic weapon, uranium enriched as the evidence shows, then we will all realise in the west that we need not worry about Israel where Iran is concerned.
Posted from TSR Mobile

I find it strange how you clearly believe that they are a threat because they take their religion so seriously, yet paradoxically refuse to believe the credibility of the fatwa (issued by the Leader of Iran's Islamic Revolution). They're fanatically serious about their religion only when it suits your argument is how it appears to work.

I must say that I'm amused at your amazing hypocrisy, for one on the one hand you claim that 'theocracy is a threat' using this as a reason why Israel (with 400+ nuclear warheads) is less of a 'nuclear threat' than Iran (with 0 nuclear warheads and 0 evidence suggesting they are seeking to develop such warheads), when Israel itself is not far off a theocracy.
Original post by MatureStudent36
Do you feel bad that they continually keep beating invading Arab armies that try to invade them?

Arab armies aren't invading them it's the other way around....Israel are heartless beasts!
Reply 31
Arab armies aren't invading them it's the other way around....Israel are heartless beasts!

Yea, Israel invade many more countries and slaughter many more people than Arab/Muslims do. Israel is a threat.
Original post by samba
Yea, Israel invade many more countries and slaughter many more people than Arab/Muslims do. Israel is a threat.

Of course Israel is a threat, and watch, the Americans will get back stabbed one day even though they are taking Israels side now. It sounded like you were being sarky but owel that's my point anyways.
You said that Iran "are actually talking about using them [nuclear weapons]", are you going to substantiate this lie or pretend it doesn't exist?

During the Iran-Iraq war, even when Saddam used chemical weapons on Iranian troops (with the covert backing of the west, might I add) Iran didn't use WMDs in response, so why would they seek to develop such weapons now, when their Supreme Leader has categorically banned even seeking such weapons?

I find it strange how you clearly believe that they are a threat because they take their religion so seriously, yet paradoxically refuse to believe the credibility of the fatwa (issued by the Leader of Iran's Islamic Revolution). They're fanatically serious about their religion only when it suits your argument is how it appears to work.

I must say that I'm amused at your amazing hypocrisy, for one on the one hand you claim that 'theocracy is a threat' using this as a reason why Israel (with 400+ nuclear warheads) is less of a 'nuclear threat' than Iran (with 0 nuclear warheads and 0 evidence suggesting they are seeking to develop such warheads), when Israel itself is not far off a theocracy.

A better response for my arguments are here. http://youtu.be/iIlV2e0cUhw

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? If you look back at history since 1948 then you'll see that the Arab nations around Israel (Egypt, Jordan, Syria etc) have launched numerous attacks first. I'm not saying that Israel are entirely innocent.

But if they didn't fear for there existence so much (because of those invasions) then the modern Israel wouldn't be so militaristic.

Right.

I think you'd be surprised.... I'm not calling Iran names or calling them evil but nuclear weapons make them a threat to the balance of power, they'd have to be respected more, that makes them a threat to the world (At least the one we know)- Note the threat is not the idea of them using the weapon physically, but the power it yields in terms of political power.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by StudyingHelp
I think you'd be surprised.... I'm not calling Iran names or calling them evil but nuclear weapons make them a threat to the balance of power, they'd have to be respected more, that makes them a threat to the world (At least the one we know)- Note the threat is not the idea of them using the weapon physically, but the power it yields in terms of political power.

The person I originally responded to stated that Iran are a nuclear threat, not they will be or could be.

Iran have no nuclear weapons nor do I believe they intend to seek such weapons so all of your discussion is irrelevant (until Iran decide to seek nuclear weapons, which I don't foresee happening unless Iran is attacked, most likely by Israel - a country which hasn't even ratified the NPT).

You may want to have a look at the history of the area.
I ain't referring to history...sorry but I live in the PRESENT not the past! (What is happening now is what bothers me)
Reply 39
Israel has every right to defend it self from Human terrorists, who are also cowards, bit like many other Islamic terrorist groups.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending