The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

BR confirms on his press conf that Sturridge out for up to 3 weeks, Can (got a knee injury during Germany U21s match where he assisted 3 goals) out for 6 weeks and Allen has an issue with his knee (don't think he's out v Villa)
<3 internationals in September. Injuries are so helpful.
Original post by mr tim
BR confirms on his press conf that Sturridge out for up to 3 weeks, Can (got a knee injury during Germany U21s match where he assisted 3 goals) out for 6 weeks and Allen has an issue with his knee (don't think he's out v Villa)

Ugh great.. and we play a lot of games (twice a week) until the October internationals :facepalm:
on the bright side - at least johnson is still out!
Original post by trrr
You don't say.

Original post by Lúcio
If you don't have anything constructive to discuss about the topic in question, please keep it to yourself in future and refain from quoting me.

okay now fight
Saw a headline earlier saying Sturridge was out for the rest of the season. Don't know where these idiots get their facts from.
It's genuinely the worst International Break of the lot in terms of timing, like clockwork every year.
Original post by Deshi
It's genuinely the worst International Break of the lot in terms of timing, like clockwork every year.

I really don't see why we need THREE of these pointless breaks between September 1st and December 1st.
Reply 1888
Glad we kept Lucas then. Hopefully Allen's injury isn't too bad.
Original post by sr90
I really don't see why we need THREE of these pointless breaks between September 1st and December 1st.

National FA's want to make money.
Original post by sr90

This 'week of football' idea from Platini is an absolute shambles, too. Makes the whole international break seem longer, players more tired from working more, difficult logistics for clubs with players returning from duty at different times etc.
Reply 1891
Original post by Mackay
This 'week of football' idea from Platini is an absolute shambles, too. Makes the whole international break seem longer, players more tired from working more, difficult logistics for clubs with players returning from duty at different times etc.

yep and i still only watched one match
Original post by Mackay

Have you seen what he said to Ribery as well? The man has no idea what he's doing.
Original post by sr90
Have you seen what he said to Ribery as well? The man has no idea what he's doing.

No? What? The man's a cretin.
Original post by Mackay
No? What? The man's a cretin.

Basically...

- Ribery announces retirement from international football
- Deschamps is bitter and calls him up anyway
- Plaitini threatens to ban Ribery from club games if he ignores the call up, saying players don't get to choose when they retire.
nearly a week late but what do you guys think about blatter's proposal for managers being able to appeal decisions in a match?

personally i think the guy doesn't have a clue, as if we don't see through him?
funny how now that he's trying to get re-elected (after he promised his retirement), he's aiming to implement tv replay reviews; something that many people have been wanting for years.

even then, he's doing it in the worst possible way - think of how long the delays could be and how complicated it could get if managers just appealed for the hell of it just to break up play and halt momentum?
managers shouldn't have anything more to worry about - it should simply be that for major decisions, the referee can refer to an independent official to make the call if he isn't 100% certain that it is a penalty/red card.
as far as i'm concerned, rugby has it perfect.

either leave things as they are since controversy is a part of football and gives major talking points, or at least improve it in the right way.
Original post by Lúcio
leave things as they are since controversy is a part of football and gives major talking points

Ridiculous

Posted from TSR Mobile

i would've preferred you to respond to the entire post rather than isolate a single sentence that does in to way portray my own opinion.
if you're going to disagree in whatever fashion, please do so in a more detailed post rather than aiming to take cheap shots.

i personally believe that the closer we can get to rugby, the better things will be.
there is so little controversy in the sport now that things are properly reviewed.
hell even the clock is stopped when the ball goes out of play.

as a fan, what i hate most in the world is losing unjustly - the game changing from a terrible refereeing decision.
if we are to lose a game, i would of course be disappointed in general, but if we were outclassed rather than robbed, i wouldn't have too much to complain about.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by cBay
yep and i still only watched one match

Same - and it wasn't England's.
Original post by sr90
Basically...

- Ribery announces retirement from international football
- Deschamps is bitter and calls him up anyway
- Plaitini threatens to ban Ribery from club games if he ignores the call up, saying players don't get to choose when they retire.

Haha Jesus wept.

Quick Reply

Latest