The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Got my enrolment email, so relieved! And I'm down as a full time student so there's no problem with saas as far as I know, and I don't have to pay any fees for resitting :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
Got my enrolment email, so relieved! And I'm down as a full time student so there's no problem with saas as far as I know, and I don't have to pay any fees for resitting :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm glad to hear that :smile: it's nice to have a clear direction isn't it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by james1211
I'm glad to hear that :smile: it's nice to have a clear direction isn't it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I'm so relieved :tongue: just need to phone saas tomorrow and double check if anything changes because I'm resitting a year

Posted from TSR Mobile

:nah: Someone'll come along who'll sweep you off your feet (figuratively (or literally :biggrin:)) - just gotta wait for them to come along :redface: This girl could be that :yep: Just gotta find out I guess :smile: (Or I'm too much of a romantic and it doesn't quite work like that with the sweeping - but either way there is someone out there for you! :hugs:)

Yays for enrolment :smile: is SAAS like DSA? or like bursary's and stuff? Good news either way!

Original post by furryface12
Good :biggrin: When do you go back to uni? Don't worry, you don't have to reply! I can't actually remember what I said to you anyway, so it can't have been that important :colondollar:

I'm back in 2 days!! :eek3: I will at some point, I think :redface: Or else I very much apologise :sad: Got a few people to reply to :s-smilie:
Glad you've made a decision about today - hope you're having an okay day, and have a good time seeing your friend next week :smile:

Original post by SweetNothing
Okay so, today, I've had a nice day and I did something I never thought I could do. I ate in a sit down place (not fast food) on my own. Ususally i've been too anxious to do it and I'm so proud of myself. Also, I went into lush and got complimented like 4 times which is always nice to hear.

Well done! :smile: I hate going to any sort of sit down place - you should be proud! :redface: Lush is smelly :yucky: :tongue: Glad you've had a nice day :h:

:hugs:

If I posted an email later tonight that I intend to send to my tutor to explain why I've not finished my placement year review book, would you guys be able to help me proof read it? I'm really scared about sending it but I know I need to and I can't put it off any longer :frown:

Surgery and mental health issues have really made it impossible to complete and hand it in so far :frown:

I'd be happy to proof read it if need be, though I also need my messages/emails proof reading too :colondollar:

Just wanted to say I'm glad that surgery went well! :smile: (?) You've definitely had reason not to have completed it so far - I'd very much hope they'd understand!

--------------------------------------

Packing :eek4: :woo:
Original post by purple-duck
:nah: Someone'll come along who'll sweep you off your feet (figuratively (or literally :biggrin:)) - just gotta wait for them to come along :redface: This girl could be that :yep: Just gotta find out I guess :smile: (Or I'm too much of a romantic and it doesn't quite work like that with the sweeping - but either way there is someone out there for you! :hugs:)

Yays for enrolment :smile: is SAAS like DSA? or like bursary's and stuff? Good news either way!

I'm back in 2 days!! :eek3: I will at some point, I think :redface: Or else I very much apologise :sad: Got a few people to reply to :s-smilie:
Glad you've made a decision about today - hope you're having an okay day, and have a good time seeing your friend next week :smile:

Well done! :smile: I hate going to any sort of sit down place - you should be proud! :redface: Lush is smelly :yucky: :tongue: Glad you've had a nice day :h:

I'd be happy to proof read it if need be, though I also need my messages/emails proof reading too :colondollar:

Just wanted to say I'm glad that surgery went well! :smile: (?) You've definitely had reason not to have completed it so far - I'd very much hope they'd understand!

I do really like her but I don't want to get my hopes up :redface:

Saas is like the Scottish equivalent of the student loan people :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
MY mum called and she picked up after about the 20th call...
Apparently shes on it too much... We both know its his fault!

Posted from TSR Mobile

At least she picked up in the end I suppose :s-smilie: Yeah it probably is, I don't know what you can do about it though unfortunately- he still shouldn't take her phone off her even if she did use it too much! :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Life minus relatives is slowly getting back to normal. RHUL inductions start next week and I've got a bit of paid freelance work from a former internship place, which means MONEEEEEEEEEEEEY!!!! :gah:

Plus I've just realised it's my birthday next month and I can use that as an excuse to get my family to buy me things I need. Like, you know, the essentials. Like new iPod in-ear-phones and a RHUL hoodie :ninja:

Money! :woo: Hoodies and ipod are always good too :yep: Anyways, I keep looking at there to maybe apply to for next year! :biggrin: I can't decide where to though and I think they've just raised their entry requirements/want music A level again even though they told me last time I didn't need it :unimpressed:

Also, I agree with the others- you are definitely one of the most awesome people on here and that is saying something! :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's soon! :eek: Plenty of time for packing though :yep: It's fine, you don't need to!

Thanks! It's been much better than the rest of the week so far which is good, not had a mini-meltdown yet which is definitely also good as seem to have done that a lot recently :colondollar: Thanks, hopefully it'll be good :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay so, today, I've had a nice day and I did something I never thought I could do. I ate in a sit down place (not fast food) on my own. Ususally i've been too anxious to do it and I'm so proud of myself. Also, I went into lush and got complimented like 4 times which is always nice to hear.

:eek::eek::eek: Well done! I'd have never done that- you're brave! Compliments are always good too, although I never know how to respond to them so it gets a bit awkward sometimes :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! I love Lush :p: i love to have baths so it just makes me smell nice :')

:eek::eek::eek: Well done! I'd have never done that- you're brave! Compliments are always good too, although I never know how to respond to them so it gets a bit awkward sometimes :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know right! It was scary but I was really hungry so i just did it :p:. Yeah I was just like thank you thank you but theres just so much you can say thanks to people :')
If I posted an email later tonight that I intend to send to my tutor to explain why I've not finished my placement year review book, would you guys be able to help me proof read it? I'm really scared about sending it but I know I need to and I can't put it off any longer :frown:

Surgery and mental health issues have really made it impossible to complete and hand it in so far :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hate that feeling right before you send something which you feel might have negative consequences.
Thank you! I love Lush :p: i love to have baths so it just makes me smell nice :')

I know right! It was scary but I was really hungry so i just did it :p:. Yeah I was just like thank you thank you but theres just so much you can say thanks to people :')

My mums got me some Lush hair mask, im well ****ing excited! I may do a Lush facemask for graduation :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks I'd really appreciate it. I'm hoping I'll get it done tonight but it's looking less and less likely as I've just descended into a breakdown. I know this is a poor response, I can barely string a sentence together right now but wanted you to know I read your reply to me and appreciate it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
My mums got me some Lush hair mask, im well ****ing excited! I may do a Lush facemask for graduation :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good choice! Lush is amazing :colone:

I find things like that are definitely better if you just do them, without having too much time to think too much about or talk yourself out of them! Still brave though :redface: Exactly, and I always go bright red too which doesn't help :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good choice! Lush is amazing :colone:

The chocolate one seems to work wonders on my skin :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think the times come to tell my parents about how I'm feeling, it's gone on long enough. Pretty much having a breakdown tonight. Problem is I have no idea how to even begin bringing it up and I feel extremely embarrassed about it.

Any ideas anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think the times come to tell my parents about how I'm feeling, it's gone on long enough. Pretty much having a breakdown tonight. Problem is I have no idea how to even begin bringing it up and I feel extremely embarrassed about it.

Any ideas anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't have any advice as I haven't even tried it myself yet (although it's getting to the point where I kind of need to...), but good luck! :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I do really like her but I don't want to get my hopes up :redface:

Saas is like the Scottish equivalent of the student loan people :smile:

:redface: Hope the second date goes well then :h:

aaaaah okay :colondollar: :biggrin:

That's soon! :eek: Plenty of time for packing though :yep: It's fine, you don't need to!

Thanks! It's been much better than the rest of the week so far which is good, not had a mini-meltdown yet which is definitely also good as seem to have done that a lot recently :colondollar: Thanks, hopefully it'll be good :smile:

It is! Well, it would be, if I didn't get distracted installing the Sims 1 and then testing that it works.... :colondollar: I will :yep: I think :ninja:

Yays :smile: That is good to hear! Sorry you've been having them though :frown:

I sort of like baths, but they always take too long to fill up :moon:
:biggrin:

Thanks I'd really appreciate it. I'm hoping I'll get it done tonight but it's looking less and less likely as I've just descended into a breakdown. I know this is a poor response, I can barely string a sentence together right now but wanted you to know I read your reply to me and appreciate it.

Okay :smile: I should be up fairly late, well like 1am at least :colondollar: Sadly just procrastinated installing the sims so got to get a hurry on now :tongue:
That's okay - just glad it all went fine :h: I'm really sorry MH-wise things aren't going well though :frown: Don't know what to suggest about telling parents about the situation, I've been feeling semi-similar about maybe telling them recently, but luckily (sort of) off to Uni soon anyway. Sorry I'm not more help :s-smilie: I think others here have found writing a letter helpful/easier than having to tell them outright/face-to-face?
Money! :woo: Hoodies and ipod are always good too :yep: Anyways, I keep looking at there to maybe apply to for next year! :biggrin: I can't decide where to though and I think they've just raised their entry requirements/want music A level again even though they told me last time I didn't need it :unimpressed:

Also, I agree with the others- you are definitely one of the most awesome people on here and that is saying something! :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oooh I didn't realise you're a budding muso! :biggrin:

Thankies :o:

Any ideas anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

:jumphug: Really sorry you're having such a bad night. Is there any way you can leave a dr's letter about your mental health problems 'accidentally' lying around? :dontknow:

Latest