The Student Room Group

The Somali Society Mk III

Scroll to see replies

Salam guys can ask to those that are already at uni and those planning in going to uni in a year or two iA, did you guys take out a loan fron student finance?
Original post by Chukkeigh
Salam guys can ask to those that are already at uni and those planning in going to uni in a year or two iA, did you guys take out a loan fron student finance?

Yup. I took out a £10.3k maintanence loan alongside.
Original post by Dahir123
I'm defo going to be attending this

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully it will be great. I really can't wait to meet some of these entrepreneurs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I genuinely don't know how else you could pay for it, unless your parents could afford it. And if you are moving then you must also take out the maintenance loan too. But since I will be living home, I just took out tuition fee loan.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by straw-struck
Hopefully it will be great. I really can't wait to meet some of these entrepreneurs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yhh it's quite exciting tbh and I would say looking forward to seeing you there but I haven't a clue what you look like 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dahir123
Yhh it's quite exciting tbh and I would say looking forward to seeing you there but I haven't a clue what you look like 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I prefer to be anonymous loool 😁.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think I prefer to be anonymous loool .

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not a very sociable thing to say now is it. Networking is everything.

I went to an event today with quite a few members of the IB&C sub forums. Meeting people is the greatest thing about going to any events, establishing contacts, learning and exchanging information. Do what you've got to do but don't let shyness or anything else limit your social interaction and network expansion.

Nah I don't want to caus you have to pay it back, therefore, I am getting a grant from Student Finance :biggrin:
Heyhey where the a level psychology students at. I need help with eating behaviour? !!
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Not a very sociable thing to say now is it. Networking is everything.

I went to an event today with quite a few members of the IB&C sub forums. Meeting people is the greatest thing about going to any events, establishing contacts, learning and exchanging information. Do what you've got to do but don't let shyness or anything else limit your social interaction and network expansion.

I am far from shy. Infact, I am the complete opposite, but I certainly wouldn't want people to know my TSR username and identify me in real life ( unless, they are females ). I would meet people who share the same interests as me. I find it hilarious that you think meeting people you know over the inter web is a way of setting up connection ( unless, you share the same interests, and even then there are risks, which I personally wouldn't take )

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by QueenSI
Heyhey where the a level psychology students at. I need help with eating behaviour? !!

You entrust a non-certified A level student with your supposed health problems? :confused:

...makes sense.

I am far from shy. Infact, I am the complete opposite, but I certainly wouldn't want people to know my TSR username and identify me in real life ( unless, they are females ). I would meet people who share the same interests as me. I find it hilarious that you think meeting people you know over the inter web is a way of setting up connection ( unless, you share the same interests, and even then there are risks, which I personally wouldn't take )

Risks?

Hell, I meet people within industry through emails as it expands my network and offers me a wealth of knowledge and advice I wouldn't otherwise get. What did I risk? An hour of my time to grab coffee?

Lol, are you going to get killed from getting in touch with someone who's going to an event for the same reason you are, which is to gather information? It would be a convinient opportunity, in actual fact. It would seem you lack situational judgement. Each to their own. Good luck when/if you enter the world of work, however.

Pah, risks. Do as you please. :lol:
You entrust a non-certified A level student with your supposed health problems? :confused:

...makes sense.

Risks?

Hell, I meet people within industry through emails as it expands my network and offers me a wealth of knowledge and advice I wouldn't otherwise get. What did I risk? An hour of my time to grab coffee?

Lol, are you going to get killed from getting in touch with someone who's going to an event for the same reason you are, which is to gather information? It would be a convinient opportunity, in actual fact. It would seem you lack situational judgement. Each to their own. Good luck when/if you enter the world of work, however.

Pah, risks. Do as you please. :lol:

Excuse me?
Original post by QueenSI
Excuse me?

You're excused.
So when will you all officially leave TSR?

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're excused.

Great! So what do you mean by that comment:/
Original post by QueenSI
Great! So what do you mean by that comment:/

You're excused.

1. You may leave the room, the table, etc. "Mother: Are you finished, Tom? Tom: Yes, ma'am. Mother: You're excused. Bill (raising his hand): Can I leave the room? I have to go get my books off my bike. Teacher: You're excused. Bill: Thanks. "
Original post by JuliusSeizure
So when will you all officially leave TSR?

2018, quite possibly.
You're excused.

1. You may leave the room, the table, etc. "Mother: Are you finished, Tom? Tom: Yes, ma'am. Mother: You're excused. Bill (raising his hand): Can I leave the room? I have to go get my books off my bike. Teacher: You're excused. Bill: Thanks. "

Very clever. I meant the one before that. When you first commented on my question. Why would you answer anyway if your not gonna help with the work?
Original post by QueenSI
Very clever. I meant the one before that. When you first commented on my question. Why would you answer anyway if your not gonna help with the work?

You phrased the question in a way that suggested you were asking an A level psychology student for help with your eating behaviour.

I now realise you were asking a question with regards to someone being of assistance with the topic of eating behaviour. It's how you phrased the sentence.. it insinuated a different context. :K:

I would advise speaking to Secretnerd123 or posting in the Psychology study forums. All the best.
You phrased the question in a way that suggested you were asking an A level psychology student for help with your eating behaviour.

I now realise you were asking a question with regards to someone being of assistance with the topic of eating behaviour. It's how you phrased the sentence.. it insinuated a different context. :K:

I would advise speaking to Secretnerd123 or posting in the Psychology study forums. All the best.

Hehe sorry I was so confused lol. Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest