The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2000
Original post by lizziecr
I had German but I cant find my book and its annoying me soo much!! yeah 40 mins each way!
aw yay thats good! aw no but at least you can do it now

I'm a quarter German. :smug:

I don't know how you could walk that after a long day of lesson or so early in the morning. I picture you being like this whilst walking for some reason: :dumbells:
Original post by 8472
I'm a quarter German. :smug:

I don't know how you could walk that after a long day of lesson or so early in the morning. I picture you being like this whilst walking for some reason: :dumbells:

TEACH ME IT.
i walk with people sometimes so its easier but when I do it alone its a killer. and no nothing like that sadly :frown:
Original post by LeFailFish
It was rather - the first went off right at the end of break, so fortunately we only lost 5 minutes or so of Biology, but the second was in the middle of the lesson which was really inconvenient. It means more homework too, because we have to complete our class notes. But it could have been a lot worse, and it was amusing seeing the teachers look so guilty about not being able to use a toaster!

Ugh, more homework, I feel sorry for you :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2003
Original post by lizziecr
TEACH ME IT.
i walk with people sometimes so its easier but when I do it alone its a killer. and no nothing like that sadly :frown:

Sadly i'm not actually fluent in the language. I can learn it very easily but my Grandma who was german got alzheimer so stopped teaching me it after age 4. :sad: If she didn't get that she would have taught me it fully and i'd be fluent. :frown: I only did it to GCSE but gave up after that as the content we were actually learning wasn't what I "needed".

I really don't know how you can do that walk. It amazes me. :laugh:
My time table is BEAUTIFUL!!!
Original post by furryface12
I've not heard of anywhere doing so, certainly the one I had an interview didn't, but that doesn't necessarily mean nowhere does! Do all of your unis interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

4 of them do, I specifically picked the 5th one to not interview just incase I mess up :biggrin: Its going to be so expensive if costs aren't covered :frown:
Original post by ayshac94
4 of them do, I specifically picked the 5th one to not interview just incase I mess up :biggrin: Its going to be so expensive if costs aren't covered :frown:

At least that's one you don't have to worry about then! It will be, but if they're not then I don't know what you can do except that if you've had two interviews for your two favourite unis and got offers then maybe don't bother with the others. But then I'd still want to attend the interviews in case I changed my mind, so that wouldn't really work :redface: So don't really know what to suggest except hope that someone might give you an offer without an interview because they like the look of you so much or something :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ucas got me questioning the purpose of my existence on this Earth :moon:
At least your fire alarms work- when someone set the common room microwave on fire last year, bearing in mind our common room was basically a wooden hut, they didn't even go off :lol:

Oh dear! I think this is why they removed the microwave from our common room...

Original post by blamethenargles
Ugh, more homework, I feel sorry for you :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know! I feel like I'm drowning in it. I'm sure I'll find the balance again eventually, but I'm not used to juggling so much after summer!
SO to my school for having parents eve one week into the course before my teachers even know me :yy:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
SO to my school for having parents eve one week into the course before my teachers even know me :yy:

Lol why would they do that?
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Lol why would they do that?

Because my school is a ****hole? :tongue:
Because my school is a ****hole? :tongue:

Makes sense :
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Makes sense :

Lol yeah. It's totally disorganised here.

We still don't have our timetables (we kinda worked them out for ourselves by searching in random rooms for a week...)
Still don't have fobs and ID cards
No printers in the school are working at all
Computers are consistently down/extremely slow. Took me 50 minutes to log on today :h:

and my personal favourite:
One subject doesn't have a teacher :awesome: . I thought that the physicists at my school were ****ed (our amazing new teacher during our first lesson: "You know the course better than I do! :awesome: " Rite ok), but nope, textiles have to worse :h:
Lol yeah. It's totally disorganised here.

We still don't have our timetables (we kinda worked them out for ourselves by searching in random rooms for a week...)
Still don't have fobs and ID cards
No printers in the school are working at all
Computers are consistently down/extremely slow. Took me 50 minutes to log on today :h:

and my personal favourite:
One subject doesn't have a teacher :awesome: . I thought that the physicists at my school were ****ed (our amazing new teacher during our first lesson: "You know the course better than I do! :awesome: " Rite ok), but nope, textiles have to worse :h:

Jesus

Sounds worse than my old school
Oh dear! I think this is why they removed the microwave from our common room...

Strangely, they did from ours after that :lol:

*rolls into the year 13 thread*
Yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I'm good, you? :h:
Strangely, they did from ours after that :lol:

Dangerous weapons, clearly :tongue:
Dangerous weapons, clearly :tongue:

Of course :wink: The kettle that lived next to it couldn't possibly used as one though :tongue: Nah, I think they just didn't have the money to replace it/thought it'd just get broken again, which is probably true! Think I only ever used it once anyway, and that was after school :redface:

Latest