The Student Room Group

The Somali Society Mk III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JuliusSeizure
So when will you all officially leave TSR?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol hmm maybe soon, not sure yet:smile:
Original post by Abdul-Karim
You entrust a non-certified A level student with your supposed health problems? :confused:

...makes sense.

Risks?

Hell, I meet people within industry through emails as it expands my network and offers me a wealth of knowledge and advice I wouldn't otherwise get. What did I risk? An hour of my time to grab coffee?

Lol, are you going to get killed from getting in touch with someone who's going to an event for the same reason you are, which is to gather information? It would be a convinient opportunity, in actual fact. It would seem you lack situational judgement. Each to their own. Good luck when/if you enter the world of work, however.

Pah, risks. Do as you please. :lol:

As a business minded man you should realise that scientist do not require as much networking . And certainly not with a bunch of teenagers over the inter web. The irony is hilarious. Your above comment just goes to show how you lack situational judgment. Do not attempt to take the patronising tone with me. You have proved time and time again just how ridiculous you can be. You have had some sort of argument with almost every member of this society, and you seem to think you can get away with patronising other members.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're excused.

She meant the TOPIC eating disorders. We learn it in health psychology :smile:
Original post by JuliusSeizure
So when will you all officially leave TSR?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probs when i finish uni
Original post by straw-struck
As a business minded man you should realise that scientist do not require as much networking . And certainly not with a bunch of teenagers over the inter web. The irony is hilarious. Your above comment just goes to show how you lack situational judgment. Do not attempt to take the patronising tone with me. You have proved time and time again just how ridiculous you can be. You have had some sort of argument with almost every member of this society, and you seem to think you can get away with patronising other members.

"not with a bunch of teenagers over the interweb" :rofl:

Tell me more.. :cookie:

I did exactly that and it got me an info interview at an american IB, a potential summer intern, an industry link answering mgy queries regarding applications, a contact within the HR of another major IB etc etc etc..

In fact only today, I was at an event held in a Law firm up in central and fellow students on the IB&C forum got invited aswell. I met quite a few of them, infact someone from this thread was there. Everyone sharing information, experiences, contact details for future reference. Kids like you limit yourself too much, we live in the modern age where there's a lot of potential to converting initial online connections to something that could potentially be usueful be it through mutual aqcuaitance. You never know who could be a potential asset but nonetheless ms 'I've got my life planned out perfectly', good luck in the world of work, whatever profession that may be. :lol:

From what I've read, you've only demonstrated your inability to establish relations. Life doesn't work that way.. maybe a suitable role for you would be a permenant housewife.

Original post by Secretnerd123
She meant the TOPIC eating disorders. We learn it in health psychology :smile:

I know what she meant now and referred you.
(edited 9 years ago)
"not with a bunch of teenagers over the interweb" :rofl:

Tell me more.. :cookie:

I did exactly that and it got me an info interview at an american IB, a potential summer intern, an industry link answering mgy queries regarding applications, a contact within the HR of another major IB etc etc etc..

In fact only today, I was at an event held in a Law firm up in central and fellow students on the IB&C forum got invited aswell. I met quite a few of them, infact HeavyTeddy from this thread was there. Everyone sharing information, experiences, contact details for future reference. Kids like you limit yourself too much, we live in the modern age where there's a lot of potential to converting initial online connections to something that could potentially be usueful be it through mutual aqcuaitance. You never know who could be a potential asset but nonetheless ms 'I've got my life planned out perfectly', good luck in the world of work, whatever profession that may be. :lol:

From what I've read, you've only demonstrated your inability to establish relations. Life doesn't work that way.. maybe a suitable role for you would be a permenant housewife.

I know what she meant now and referred you.

...I was not there. I live up north bruh. Lol was someone claiming to be me or something?
Original post by HeavyTeddy
...I was not there. I live up north bruh. Lol was someone claiming to be me or something?

Wrong person :lol: fml

I'm bloody tired now.. minds all over the place.
Wrong person :lol: fml

I'm bloody tired now.. minds all over the place.

Might've been that Hazard dude, I'm sure he's a frequent on the IB&C forums and I've seen him on this thread a couple times too.

You're lucky you live in London man, no events like that up here.
Wag1 my somalian bredrens

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zarah01

Posted from TSR Mobile

SOMALI* :biggrin:

All 'swell. What u sayin buffness?
Original post by Secretnerd123
SOMALI* :biggrin:

All 'swell. What u sayin buffness?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are you donnies saying?
Original post by HeavyTeddy
Might've been that Hazard dude, I'm sure he's a frequent on the IB&C forums and I've seen him on this thread a couple times too.

You're lucky you live in London man, no events like that up here.

Yeah it was Hazard :rolleyes: Seeing him tomorrow again at Credit Suisse for another little session we got invited too.

Original post by Zarah01

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice use of grammar :rolleyes:

Add Tanzania as well, please, thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If I only I could rate this :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dahir123
Posted from TSR Mobile

What are you donnies saying?

Alhamdulillah im goood. Just tired. Brought a bunch of new stuff for uni. Starting on tuesdayyyyy :woo:

U back to college?
OMG! just discovered there is a somali society on TSR. Salaam people

Anyone scared about starting uni? I'm crapping myself
Original post by strawberryfeet
OMG! just discovered there is a somali society on TSR. Salaam people

Anyone scared about starting uni? I'm crapping myself

Started on wednesday. Entered the building, saw four girls and just started chatting away :lol:

Making friends is quite simple tbh, just be yourself. I'm already quite sociable so maybe it's not relevant advice.

What will you be studying?
Started on wednesday. Entered the building, saw four girls and just started chatting away :lol:

Making friends is quite simple tbh, just be yourself. I'm already quite sociable so maybe it's not relevant advice.

What will you be studying?

aah okay. Inshallah, I'll be studying medicine. I'm so scared because of the workload though :frown: After 3 months of no work, it's going to be so hard to get back into the swing of things. *sighs*

Posted from TSR Mobile

+1

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by strawberryfeet
aah okay. Inshallah, I'll be studying medicine. I'm so scared because of the workload though :frown: After 3 months of no work, it's going to be so hard to get back into the swing of things. *sighs*

:lol: Good luck. Medicine workload is a nightmare from what I've heard. Perservere and you'll get through. You got given an offer in a highly competitive field so you most definitely have the potential. Future doctor eh.
Nafta ka warama saaxiib

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending