The Student Room Group

The Somali Society Mk III

Scroll to see replies

What language do you somalis speak apart from english? Is there a somali arabic? Mans curious

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zarah01
What language do you somalis speak apart from english? Is there a somali arabic? Mans curious

:facepalm:

nah g, man speak swahili doe
Original post by Abdul-Karim
:facepalm:

nah g, man speak swahili doe

Teach me some then brah, need to brush up dem language skills

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zarah01

Posted from TSR Mobile

We speak somali and you could say Arabic is easier for us compared to other ethnic groups. For instance, most Somalis read the Quran in Arabic and can speak and understand Arabic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zara2014
We speak somali and you could say Arabic is easier for us compared to other ethnic groups. For instance, most Somalis read the Quran in Arabic and can speak and understand Arabic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd argue that point. Not 'most', with regards to speaking and understanding Arabic. Is there a statsitic you could provide with regards to this mis-information.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mandems need to get me on yo level then

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by strawberryfeet
OMG! just discovered there is a somali society on TSR. Salaam people

Anyone scared about starting uni? I'm crapping myself

Heyy! I'm scared but not as scared as i was lol. What uni are u off to?

Nafta ka warama saaxiib

Posted from TSR Mobile

The troll is back

Original post by Zarah01

Posted from TSR Mobile

Somali obvs. Somali is quite similar to arabic (i dont know about other somali dialects but people from my tribe have many words and phrases that arabs use)
C
I'd argue that point. Not 'most', with regards to speaking and understanding Arabic. Is there a statsitic you could provide with regards to this mis-information.

Good that you disagree. But you are not a Somali, meaning I know what I am talking about. If you want statistics, find it yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
:lol: Good luck. Medicine workload is a nightmare from what I've heard. Perservere and you'll get through. You got given an offer in a highly competitive field so you most definitely have the potential. Future doctor eh.

haha! Inshallah man that's the goal. Hope I make it through this long journey though. Where you studying?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Secretnerd123

The troll is back

Really? Last time I checked it was an open society, anyone can post whatever they want.

Leave me alone!

Somali obvs. Somali is quite similar to arabic (i dont know about other somali dialects but people from my tribe have many words and phrases that arabs use)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys I have a question and please answer it truthfullyin your opinion and guys plz don't attack each other for having different view points.

I came across a tweet which asked people that if a women hits a men does he have a right to hit her back?
What do you guys think?
I shall give my answer later on insaAllah.

The troll is back

I'm off to SGUL. I don't know a single soul that is going there and I think that's what makes it more daunting
Alhamdulillah im goood. Just tired. Brought a bunch of new stuff for uni. Starting on tuesdayyyyy :woo:

U back to college?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tuesday that's just round the corner. Don't go out your way to make friends. And I started on Monday it's alright you know same old just trying to make a strong start to the year.
Do make friend SN lol ya need them trust me.
I'm off to SGUL. I don't know a single soul that is going there and I think that's what makes it more daunting

I had to search that up haha
I know 2 people who will be on course that I met on here but other than them, nobody else. It'll be quite interesting to see whether or not i come out of my shell the first few days. I'm just gonna be myself and hope for the best. Do the same :smile:
I had to search that up haha
I know 2 people who will be on course that I met on here but other than them, nobody else. It'll be quite interesting to see whether or not i come out of my shell the first few days. I'm just gonna be myself and hope for the best. Do the same :smile:

Yes defo. Ain't nobody got time for putting on facades. Straight up show them your awesomeness right? :tongue: Inshallah all we be well and we will be wondering why we were so worried in the first place
Original post by Dahir123
Posted from TSR Mobile

Tuesday that's just round the corner. Don't go out your way to make friends. And I started on Monday it's alright you know same old just trying to make a strong start to the year.

Yeah it is. I'm enrolling on sat which makes it seem even more real :yikes:. I just hope I find people with the same humour (and preferrably good muslims) as me. Thats all I ask for.

Original post by Chukkeigh
Do make friend SN lol ya need them trust me.

Haha ofcourse i'll make friends inshaAllah :biggrin:

My plan is to grab the first hijabi i see and beg friends with her :rofl:

Original post by Chukkeigh
Guys I have a question and please answer it truthfullyin your opinion and guys plz don't attack each other for having different view points.

I came across a tweet which asked people that if a women hits a men does he have a right to hit her back?
What do you guys think?
I shall give my answer later on insaAllah.

I dont think its right. He should have self-control and know never to hit a woman. However IF she goes all out and starts punching him, charging at him with a knife then i say he should defend himself and run for the hills straight after because hes married to a psychotic xalimo
Yes defo. Ain't nobody got time for putting on facades. Straight up show them your awesomeness right? :tongue: Inshallah all we be well and we will be wondering why we were so worried in the first place

Exactly! :biggrin:

Haha i'A! I was soooo scared last week and was dreading uni so much but alhamdulillah my nerves are sort of relaxed now.

When do u start sis?

You're a troll. This is no place for trolls. Macsalama
Exactly! :biggrin:

Haha i'A! I was soooo scared last week and was dreading uni so much but alhamdulillah my nerves are sort of relaxed now.

When do u start sis?

I start on the 22nd inshallah so still have some time. It hasn't really sunk in yet tbh

Quick Reply

Latest