The Student Room Group

What is your IQ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
I took this one:

THE TIMER HAS STARTED
1.The word, "mineral," can be spelled using only the letters found in the word, "parliament."

True False
2.This sequence of four words, "triangle, glove, clock, bicycle," corresponds to this sequence of numbers "3, 5, 12, 2."

True False
3.27 minutes before 7 o'clock is 33 minutes past 5 o'clock.

True False
4.The word, "slackers," is spelled by using the first letters of the words in the following sentence: "Silent large anteaters calmly kiss each roasted snack."

True False
5.If written backwards, the number, "one thousand, one hundred twenty-five," would be written "five thousand, two hundred eleven."

True False
6.Gary has only forty-eight dollars, but he can buy a bicycle that costs one hundred twenty dollars, (disregarding tax) if he borrows fifty-seven dollars from Jane and fifteen dollars from Jill.

True False
7.A round wall clock that has been rotated until it is hanging upside down will have a minute hand that points to your right when it is two forty-five.

True False
8.If the word, "quane," is understood to mean the same as the word, "den," then the following sentence is grammatically correct: "Looking out from my quane, I could see a wolf enter quane."

True False
9.If Richard looks into a mirror and touches his left ear with his right hand, Richard's image seems to touch its right ear with its left hand.

True False
10.If you leave the letters in the same order, but rearrange the spaces in the phrase, "Them eats on," it can be read as, "Theme at son."

True False
11.The words, "auctioned, education, and cautioned," all use the exact same letters.

True False
12.John weighs 85 pounds. Jeff weighs 105 pounds. Jake weighs 115 pounds. Two of them standing together on the same scale could weigh 200 pounds.

True False
13.The seventh vowel appearing in this sentence is the letter "a."

True False
14.Nine chickens, two dogs, and three cats have a total of forty legs.

True False
15.Sixteen hours are to one day as twenty days are to June's length.

True False
16.In the English alphabet, there are exactly four letters between the letter "M" and the letter "G."

True False
17.If the word, "TAN," is written under the word, "SLY," and the word, "TOT," is written under "TAN," then the word, "SAT," is formed diagonally.

True False
18.By removing seven letters from the word, "motherhood," the word, "home," can be formed.

True False
19.If a thumb is a finger, then three gloves and three shoes normally hold thirty-five fingers and toes.

True False
20.The words, "every, how, hand, ever," can form common compound words using, respectively, "one, ever, finger, more."

True False
21.If Monday is the first day of the month, the very next Saturday is the fifth day of the month.

True False
22.Three of the following numbers add up to the number 31: 17, 3, 2, 19, 5.

True False
23.Fred will be four blocks from his starting place if he travels two blocks north, then three blocks east, and then two blocks south.

True False
24.The following words are the opposites of words that begin with the letter R: unreal, street, grasp, unwind, wrong.

True False
25.The following, disregarding punctuation, is spelled the same forwards as it is backwards: "Drat Saddam, a mad dastard!"

True False
26.The letters of the word, "sponged," appear in reverse alphabetical order.

True False
27.The numbers, 3-7-2-4-8-1-5, are read backwards as 5-1-8-4-2-7-3.

True False
28.The odd numbers in this group add up to an even number: 15, 32, 5, 13, 82, 7, 1.

True False
29.Without breaking or bending a toothpick, you can spell the word, "FIN," with exactly seven toothpicks, with no letter sharing a toothpick used by another letter.

True False
30.This sentence has thirty-five letters.

True False
31.A square whose sides each measure ten centimeters can completely fit inside of a regular hexagon whose sides each measure ten centimeters.

True False
32.Six identical triangles can be formed by drawing two straight lines through an octagon's center point.

True False
33.The number 64 is the next logical number in the following sequence of numbers: 2, 6, 14, 30...

True False
34.Frank is taller than John. Ralph is taller than Frank. Therefore, John is the shortest boy.

True False
35.The sum of all the odd numbers from zero to 16 is an even number.

True False
36.If each of seven persons in a group shakes hands with each of the other six persons, then a total of forty-two handshakes occurs.

True False
37.Three congruent regular hexagons can be drawn in such a way that all of them overlap each other and create exactly ten distinct areas or compartments.

True False
38.If a doughnut shaped house has two doors to the outside and three doors to the inner courtyard, then it's possible to end up back at your starting place by walking through all five doors of the house without ever walking through the same door twice.

True False

And I am still stuck on the first lmao
Original post by ApeMob
I took this one:

THE TIMER HAS STARTED
1.The word, "mineral," can be spelled using only the letters found in the word, "parliament."

True False
2.This sequence of four words, "triangle, glove, clock, bicycle," corresponds to this sequence of numbers "3, 5, 12, 2."

True False
3.27 minutes before 7 o'clock is 33 minutes past 5 o'clock.

True False
4.The word, "slackers," is spelled by using the first letters of the words in the following sentence: "Silent large anteaters calmly kiss each roasted snack."

True False
5.If written backwards, the number, "one thousand, one hundred twenty-five," would be written "five thousand, two hundred eleven."

True False
6.Gary has only forty-eight dollars, but he can buy a bicycle that costs one hundred twenty dollars, (disregarding tax) if he borrows fifty-seven dollars from Jane and fifteen dollars from Jill.

True False
7.A round wall clock that has been rotated until it is hanging upside down will have a minute hand that points to your right when it is two forty-five.

True False
8.If the word, "quane," is understood to mean the same as the word, "den," then the following sentence is grammatically correct: "Looking out from my quane, I could see a wolf enter quane."

True False
9.If Richard looks into a mirror and touches his left ear with his right hand, Richard's image seems to touch its right ear with its left hand.

True False
10.If you leave the letters in the same order, but rearrange the spaces in the phrase, "Them eats on," it can be read as, "Theme at son."

True False
11.The words, "auctioned, education, and cautioned," all use the exact same letters.

True False
12.John weighs 85 pounds. Jeff weighs 105 pounds. Jake weighs 115 pounds. Two of them standing together on the same scale could weigh 200 pounds.

True False
13.The seventh vowel appearing in this sentence is the letter "a."

True False
14.Nine chickens, two dogs, and three cats have a total of forty legs.

True False
15.Sixteen hours are to one day as twenty days are to June's length.

True False
16.In the English alphabet, there are exactly four letters between the letter "M" and the letter "G."

True False
17.If the word, "TAN," is written under the word, "SLY," and the word, "TOT," is written under "TAN," then the word, "SAT," is formed diagonally.

True False
18.By removing seven letters from the word, "motherhood," the word, "home," can be formed.

True False
19.If a thumb is a finger, then three gloves and three shoes normally hold thirty-five fingers and toes.

True False
20.The words, "every, how, hand, ever," can form common compound words using, respectively, "one, ever, finger, more."

True False
21.If Monday is the first day of the month, the very next Saturday is the fifth day of the month.

True False
22.Three of the following numbers add up to the number 31: 17, 3, 2, 19, 5.

True False
23.Fred will be four blocks from his starting place if he travels two blocks north, then three blocks east, and then two blocks south.

True False
24.The following words are the opposites of words that begin with the letter R: unreal, street, grasp, unwind, wrong.

True False
25.The following, disregarding punctuation, is spelled the same forwards as it is backwards: "Drat Saddam, a mad dastard!"

True False
26.The letters of the word, "sponged," appear in reverse alphabetical order.

True False
27.The numbers, 3-7-2-4-8-1-5, are read backwards as 5-1-8-4-2-7-3.

True False
28.The odd numbers in this group add up to an even number: 15, 32, 5, 13, 82, 7, 1.

True False
29.Without breaking or bending a toothpick, you can spell the word, "FIN," with exactly seven toothpicks, with no letter sharing a toothpick used by another letter.

True False
30.This sentence has thirty-five letters.

True False
31.A square whose sides each measure ten centimeters can completely fit inside of a regular hexagon whose sides each measure ten centimeters.

True False
32.Six identical triangles can be formed by drawing two straight lines through an octagon's center point.

True False
33.The number 64 is the next logical number in the following sequence of numbers: 2, 6, 14, 30...

True False
34.Frank is taller than John. Ralph is taller than Frank. Therefore, John is the shortest boy.

True False
35.The sum of all the odd numbers from zero to 16 is an even number.

True False
36.If each of seven persons in a group shakes hands with each of the other six persons, then a total of forty-two handshakes occurs.

True False
37.Three congruent regular hexagons can be drawn in such a way that all of them overlap each other and create exactly ten distinct areas or compartments.

True False
38.If a doughnut shaped house has two doors to the outside and three doors to the inner courtyard, then it's possible to end up back at your starting place by walking through all five doors of the house without ever walking through the same door twice.

True False

And I am still stuck on the first lmao

The 1st 1 is true 3 sides on a triangle 5 fingers (well 4 and a thumb) in a glove 12 numbers on a clock (analogue) and 2 tyres on a bicycle
Reply 143

:s-smilie: Is it? lol I came across avg for a male IQ is 97 and avg for female is 90-110 :woo: And if you're 122...then there's this new show at least here in the US that a guy has 129 IQ and apparently is playing a genius. You must be some sort of genius lol

I have a feeling my IQ is...oh dear...:blush:
174. I've always been told that I'm intelligent.
Reply 146
Original post by ioclops
174. I've always been told that I'm intelligent.

Ha! Prove it :colone:
Reply 147
How can you possibly be 174 -,- Your head would explode from all that info :nutcase: lol
Reply 148
Original post by ApeMob
I have a feeling my IQ is...oh dear...:blush:

It's easy to tell from your posts that you're definitely below average intelligence.
Reply 149
Original post by Sex God
It's easy to tell from your posts that you're definitely below average intelligence.

It's not that easy :lol: Did you join just now only to tell me that :rolleyes:
Reply 150
Well! :unimpressed: I'm gonna take an IQ test and post my results! :eviltongue:
Original post by Sex God

Harsh...

Posted from TSR Mobile

But fair.
There is not a single credible free online IQ test. They are made using a completely made-up methodology by some guy on the internet. They use stupid questions and overinflate your scores on purpose. Please don't take it as ANY indication of your 'IQ' when it really ISN'T.
Original post by Guybrush Sheepgood
There is not a single credible free online IQ test. They are made using a completely made-up methodology by some guy on the internet. They use stupid questions and overinflate your scores on purpose. Please don't take it as ANY indication of your 'IQ' when it really ISN'T.

I love that some people think their IQ is 160 because they did an online test :h:
Original post by Viva Emptiness
I love that some people think their IQ is 160 because they did an online test :h:

Such is the nature of the dunning kruger effect.
About 80 percent on most tests.
I got an A* in GCSE maths - you do the math.
Original post by dire wolf
I got an A* in GCSE maths - you do the math.

Your iq is also judged on your logical thinking and (assuming it's your first language) your English skills

Clearly your IQ isn't high enough to see that this is a 3-year-old thread.

Quick Reply

Latest