The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SweetNothing
Being good at physics means your clever :p: I'd love to be good at science!

Good luck!

I feel like I talk about my puppy A LOT recently but last time promise! Does anyone else have a dog/puppy that could help me?!

nervous about it, I don't know much about the whole dsa process, I guess they'll just be helping me apply? I hope the evidence I have from a counsellor and doctors already for mitigating circumstances is okay, as I can't really afford to pay another £30 to get another letter :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks

nervous about it, I don't know much about the whole dsa process, I guess they'll just be helping me apply? I hope the evidence I have from a counsellor and doctors already for mitigating circumstances is okay, as I can't really afford to pay another £30 to get another letter :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you have evidence from a counsellor & a doctor that should be fine I assume? I wouldn't see why not what more could they want :hugs:
Original post by PandaWho
I doubt theyd want me. im a state

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

They might do though!

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SweetNothing
That's cool :smile: I just don't know where to put him at bed time on his first night, in a crate or just let him roam the kitchen and have a bed. Okay! :smile:

Don't know, probably best in the crate so he doesn't start eating a cupboard or something I guess :redface: The only photo I can find on here now has my friend in which I probably shouldn't send, will get one off my laptop for you tomorrow if I remember :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
But it's so good! :moon: I may have to do that again sometime soon...

Haha, it is :colondollar: But distracting :tongue: and I didn't have enough neighbours to be friends with - need 3 for a promotion :sad:

Original post by Nathanielle
I can watch movies again! My evening is saved!

:woo: Movies are great :biggrin: Sorry for not replying for a while - I think I needed to/meant to at some point :s-smilie: Hope the exams went well - Have you got some time to relax now before next term?

Original post by tasha96
Session two of three went well. :smile: The girls and leaders all gave such sweet feedback! (I'm well aware nobody cares but I'm telling yous all anyway cos I'm like that.... :tongue: )

Also went to a proper debate today on a very topical Scottish issue. :eek: Never been to one before and the atmosphere was electric. :biggrin:

Glad it went well :smile: :hugs:
:eek: That whole topical issue is scary! I'm interested as to what'll happen :holmes: :redface: (Even as an English-person :colondollar: :smile:)

Original post by WelshBluebird
Is it weird that I got a promotion in work today, but I am feeling really strange about it cos part of me feels like I don't deserve it? Like I don't understand why anyone would promote me? Grr I just wish I had more confidence.

Well done! :woo:

Original post by senz72
How do you deal with it?
I don't go out on a mission or anything like that but being 19, it just makes me think what if I'm just too weird to be in a relationship. What if I'll never find that someone cause you never know it may be the case.

Tbf I think there are more people than you'd think who are our age without relationships - particularly the whole hype with relationships/sex at Uni - sure it's a big thing for maybe 50% of students, but I wouldn't say so for the rest :dontknow: Or I'm just mixing with a not-average bunch of people :colondollar:

I'm currently dealing with it by hiding :colondollar:

Paranoi has kicked in over my ****ing medication. This is new, im scared and dont know what to do.
Im pretty sure the psych is trying to harm me

:jumphug: Can you facetime rory or something? :hugs: Or talk to mum?
They'd go to jail if they tried to do that! No point in them trying at all :hugs: Did you take meds at a different time or something? or is this with the upped dosage instead of the anti-deps?
@purple-duck
Original post by purple-duck
Haha, it is :colondollar: But distracting :tongue: and I didn't have enough neighbours to be friends with - need 3 for a promotion :sad:

:woo: Movies are great :biggrin: Sorry for not replying for a while - I think I needed to/meant to at some point :s-smilie: Hope the exams went well - Have you got some time to relax now before next term?

Glad it went well :smile: :hugs:
:eek: That whole topical issue is scary! I'm interested as to what'll happen :holmes: :redface: (Even as an English-person :colondollar: :smile:)

Well done! :woo:

Tbf I think there are more people than you'd think who are our age without relationships - particularly the whole hype with relationships/sex at Uni - sure it's a big thing for maybe 50% of students, but I wouldn't say so for the rest :dontknow: Or I'm just mixing with a not-average bunch of people :colondollar:

I'm currently dealing with it by hiding :colondollar:

:jumphug: Can you facetime rory or something? :hugs: Or talk to mum?
They'd go to jail if they tried to do that! No point in them trying at all :hugs: Did you take meds at a different time or something? or is this with the upped dosage instead of the anti-deps?

I wouldnt even say it was 50% i knew very few people at uni that slept around!
In first year my halls was known as a party halls and probably only 25% slept around if not less!

Havnt had meds added yet but im worried about it as i dont know if its the right thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by keromedic
@purple-duck

:hi: How are you? :smile: (Though I'm just off to bed now - but will catch you tomorrow! :redface: Hope you're well :hugs:)

I wouldnt even say it was 50% i knew very few people at uni that slept around!
In first year my halls was known as a party halls and probably only 25% slept around if not less!

Havnt had meds added yet but im worried about it as i dont know if its the right thing

No exactly! Also meant not sleeping around but with a gf - at least for me not that high a % were in relationships :dontknow: :redface: Though that said I know for my friends back home (well, from old school) that most of the guys have girlfriends, or have had over the year :sigh: But overall for halls I'd say most didn't. *rambles* :colondollar:

I'm afraid I can't really help there :s-smilie: I guess if they think it'll help then maybe worth a shot? I don't know what difference different doses make - as in if it's just a stronger effect or if they do other stuff too :dontknow:
I'd say try it and see how it goes - and if it isn't helping with your other symptoms then just give them a shout? Sorry, I don't have any experience with meds so I appreciate that I might well be talking rubbish :colondollar: :redface:

:hugs:

------------------------------

Found out that our doors won't have individual locks I don't think :s-smilie: :/ Tbf now we're off campus I'll probably spend more time on campus/not at home, but still would like privacy when in my room - last year they didn't often knock :/ I guess if I make a point about them knocking then maybe they would :dontknow: Though maybe it's a good thing if I can't hide so easily.

Done a fair bit of packing :biggrin: list of stuff to do for tomorrow. Just got to hope it all fits! :eek: I swear I always pack too much :unimpressed: :sigh: Don't know where/what to cut down on though that would make a large enough difference.
Can't sleep even though I'm tired :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by purple-duck

Ooh I forgot about that! Not sure where my sims 1 went, I had to uninstall it to install sims 3 I think but then I don't know where that is either...

Posted from TSR Mobile
@PURPLE-DUCK

I'm okay thanks. Have just gotten up :smile:
had a horrendous night. didn't get to sleep until after 6, then woke up with a start after an hour and lay awake for ages, then had a bad nightmare and woke up crying :frown: wish I never went to sleep :frown:
Original post by ScaryScience
had a horrendous night. didn't get to sleep until after 6, then woke up with a start after an hour and lay awake for ages, then had a bad nightmare and woke up crying :frown: wish I never went to sleep :frown:

:frown: :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
I'm not, trust me! I just... happen to like physics :getmecoat:

Thinking about it, you went to Oxford anyway didn't you? So you can hardly complain that I'm clever :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:tongue:

:hugs:

Original post by senz72
How do you deal with it?
I don't go out on a mission or anything like that but being 19, it just makes me think what if I'm just too weird to be in a relationship. What if I'll never find that someone cause you never know it may be the case.

It doesn't really bother me too much, so I don't need to deal with it :nah:

I doubt you're too weird to be in a relationship! Don't put yourself down :console:
Chat with disability people went well :smile: I should be getting extra time in exams and sitting them in a smaller room :smile: and I've got an appointment in a few weeks to get assessed for dsa :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3316
Chat with disability people went well :smile: I should be getting extra time in exams and sitting them in a smaller room :smile: and I've for an appointment in a few weeks to get assessed for dsa :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good lass :biggrin: I get an exam room to pace around in lol. Ordered my DSA stuff yesterday. Paid £520 to upgrade to a macbook yay!
Original post by samba
Good lass :biggrin: I get an exam room to pace around in lol. Ordered my DSA stuff yesterday. Paid £520 to upgrade to a macbook yay!

I'm really hoping they give me equipment to record lectures, that would help so much. I wonder if they'll pay to fix my laptop so I can actually use it :moon:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3318
I'm really hoping they give me equipment to record lectures, that would help so much. I wonder if they'll pay to fix my laptop so I can actually use it :moon:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea, my dictaphone and dictate thing is the best ever :moon: They won't bother fixing your laptop, they'll just sort you out a new one.

With the recording lectures thing, what you do is record it in the lecture, then afterwards you go home and use http://www.sonocent.com/en/audio_notetaker to create sort of a presentation. It explains what it does there, but basically you can match the audio to slides and your own notes and stuff, and break it all up :smile:
So adding 50mg in. Morning to my 150mg of quetiapine.
Might aswell see if it works :dontknow:
There hoping it will stabalise me. If not then to try venlafaxine.

Gahhhhh.

HOPEFuLLY results will be out later, but iv been told 2 different dates :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest