The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr90
Sanchez looks like he's about to cry.

I would if I went from Messi and Iniesta to Sanogo and Arteta.

Alexis and Santi look like little toys on the ends!

Does anybody have any news on Podolski? I thought he was leaving this transfer window but it might in January now.
Reply 8481
Original post by Icecream1
I would if I went from Messi and Iniesta to Sanogo and Arteta.

Alexis and Santi look like little toys on the ends!

Does anybody have any news on Podolski? I thought he was leaving this transfer window but it might in January now.

Nope, he ruled it out quite recently
Podolski will go on loan to 1.FC Koln in January I think, maybe to a Serie A club alternatively.

Career at Arsenal has been dead in the water for a while. Wenger's done that thing he does, and just decides that he doesnt really fancy a player any more for whatever reason.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
Podolski will go on loan to 1.FC Koln in January I think, maybe to a Serie A club alternatively.

Career at Arsenal has been dead in the water for a while. Wenger's done that thing he does, and just decides that he doesnt really fancy a player any more for whatever reason.

He does that with every old player.

He's got a hardon for Cazorla tbh.
Original post by jam278

He's got a hardon for Cazorla tbh.

Yeah really cant understand that one either. Cazorla is a good player at 10, if you stick enough hard working players around him of course, but at LW and with Ozil there too it's really not good enough.

I'd probably prefer to keep Podolski over Cazorla tbh, I like Poldi off the bench when we need a goal. No defensive work to be done, just get the ball to him somewhere around the box and wait for a rocket :cool: Often pulls a very good assist out of the bag to, keeps it nice and simple, just lash it across the face of goal and pray.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
Yeah really cant understand that one either. Cazorla is a good player at 10, if you stick enough hard working players around him of course, but at LW and with Ozil there too it's really not good enough.

I'd probably prefer to keep Podolski over Cazorla tbh, I like Poldi off the bench when we need a goal. No defensive work to be done, just get the ball to him somewhere around the box and wait for a rocket :cool: Often pulls a very good assist out of the bag to, keeps it nice and simple, just lash it across the face of goal and pray.

Agree tbh. I don't get why Cazorla plays on the wing either. He had a very good 12/13 season in the hole, I've said it before and will say it again Di Maria should have been the one bought, not Ozil. Plus he can play behind the striker so when you had injuries you could easily play him there.

Podolski is good but I have a feeling he could turn into Arshavin if he keeps on being reduced to bench appearances, I swear Wenger does this with every single attacking player around 28. Cazorla will make way for Walcott and Chamberlain in the same manner.
Reply 8487

Oh my lord. I don't even know how to respond 😶
Reply 8488
Original post by Zürich

Swear the only player you added after this was Welbeck...

Arsene trolls his own fans more than anyone else.
Original post by The Shed End
Swear the only player you added after this was Welbeck...

Arsene trolls his own fans more than anyone else.

And Sanchez.
Original post by jam278

Except Arteta.
Reply 8492
All the regulars are at the age where they're just about to start UNI and will most likely dissapear. How many regs does that leave? Even Zurich hardly posts as much so it really feels like the identity of this thread has been lost

Oh well, I'll just sit here in this corner whilst the visitors pass by :beard:
Original post by AR_95
All the regulars are at the age where they're just about to start UNI and will most likely dissapear.

Me included, start in 2 weeks :biggrin:
No worries AR... I'm here for you :h: (I knw I'm not one of the regulars your on about but I'm teasing)
Original post by AR_95
All the regulars are at the age where they're just about to start UNI and will most likely dissapear. How many regs does that leave? Even Zurich hardly posts as much so it really feels like the identity of this thread has been lost

It's okay Aqib don't cry. I'm just a Kik away.
You think people are gonna post LESS just cos they're at uni?

uni students have more time to waste on the internet than anyone
Original post by AR_95

If anything, I started to post here MORE when I was at uni...

Not a lot else to do when you're hungover and all your housemates have lectures.
interesting to see the different age crowds..

Cant see people posting less at uni,

Though older posters like me + zurich + others, should be posting less now we are getting on a bit/have finished studies(or are finishing soon)
Original post by sevchenko
Akpom is evidently a level above U21 but he's not ready for the first team yet. We need to find the right championship/League 1 team for him on loan.

He looks better than Sanogo and Giroud. Although that isn't hard.

He should be third choice imo. I see a Sturridgeness about him.
Reply 8499
I meant specifically freshers and more so for the upcoming months but oh well. My time will come soon

Latest