The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mackay
Jim O'Brien and Fleck impressed me, too. Connor Thomas is a bit questionable in the middle - but he's a Coventry kid, isn't he, so it obviously meant a lot for him to be starting. Tudgay was pretty useless - I used to like McQuoid when he was at Bournemouth, surprised he didn't start. But I haven't seen a lot of him over the last year.

Are you a Bournemouth fan then?

Thomas has always struggled to push on from his early promise-far too light a touch for someone of his size. He showed glimpses of his ability on Friday but he has to win people over still. Fleck was helped by playing further up the field as he is in essence a playmaker.

Tudgay was a disappointment but I'm not going to call him a failure after less than 10 games. He does need to sharpen up though.
Original post by Midlander
Are you a Bournemouth fan then?

Thomas has always struggled to push on from his early promise-far too light a touch for someone of his size. He showed glimpses of his ability on Friday but he has to win people over still. Fleck was helped by playing further up the field as he is in essence a playmaker.

Tudgay was a disappointment but I'm not going to call him a failure after less than 10 games. He does need to sharpen up though.

I'm not no, but I saw Bournemouth against Bolton last year and he impressed me then.
Original post by Mackay
I'm not no, but I saw Bournemouth against Bolton last year and he impressed me then.

He has made a good start so far and it was a bit of a gamble to put Nouble in ahead of him. I think Tudgay would be better used as a sub against tired legs with McQuoid or Jackson partnering Nouble.

We have too many strikers at the moment :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29129536

Is this allowed? Couldn't it cause a complete fiasco if QPR got relegated from the Premier League, and the Football League refused to admit them to the Championship.
Original post by andrew2209

Is this allowed? Couldn't it cause a complete fiasco if QPR got relegated from the Premier League, and the Football League refused to admit them to the Championship.

Doubt it would ever reach that, if it did, the PL would tell the FL to admit QPR and the FL will roll over and let them in.
Original post by CraigWM
Doubt it would ever reach that, if it did, the PL would tell the FL to admit QPR and the FL will roll over and let them in.

Rewarding clubs spending far more than they have is what English football is all about. Fernandes will get a medal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by andrew2209

I personally would like to see QPR drop straight to the Conference and play the likes of Welling. :tongue:
Original post by CraigWM

If they got relegated from the premier, they'd presumably go into the conference. What happens if they get promoted from there?
Original post by Jordanap
If they got relegated from the premier, they'd presumably go into the conference. What happens if they get promoted from there?

They would be refused it until they paid the fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jordanap

I'd imagine it'd be as midlander said - you've had sides in the regional leagues denied promotion due to the ground not being up to scratch, so presumably until QPR meet the requirements for the football league, they'd not be allowed in

Posted from TSR Mobile
As Craig has already said I expect the League to give way to the PL. They have done so every other time the PL has made a threat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Talk of Robbie Fowler getting the Leeds job. First job from hell. Don't do it, Robbie.
Original post by Mackay
Talk of Robbie Fowler getting the Leeds job. First job from hell. Don't do it, Robbie.

I'd take it. Total win/win situation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd take it. Total win/win situation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great news for you on Pressley's new deal. Fair play to him.
Original post by Mackay
Great news for you on Pressley's new deal. Fair play to him.

Bad news on the crowd for tomorrow's game with Yeovil though. The club still faffing around with ticket sales so embarrassingly low numbers expected.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bad news on the crowd for tomorrow's game with Yeovil though. The club still faffing around with ticket sales so embarrassingly low numbers expected.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, that's a shame. Best of luck anyway! Yeovil will be fearing you after your unbeaten run/Ricoh return.
Original post by Mackay
Ah, that's a shame. Best of luck anyway! Yeovil will be fearing you after your unbeaten run/Ricoh return.

I just want out of the third tier ASAP. Hopefully we get it together this season!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lost 1-0 to Charlton away. Beppe must be laughing all the way back to Italy.
A good 3-2 win at home against Brighton for us today puts us sixth in the Championship which is fantastic considering our budget. I'm already beginning to imagine Football Manager-esque situations where going up again is disastrous.
Generally positive but odd game today for MK - 5-0 up away from home to Barnsley and they pull 3 back to 5-3.

Quick Reply

Latest