The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samba
Yea, my dictaphone and dictate thing is the best ever :moon: They won't bother fixing your laptop, they'll just sort you out a new one.

With the recording lectures thing, what you do is record it in the lecture, then afterwards you go home and use http://www.sonocent.com/en/audio_notetaker to create sort of a presentation. It explains what it does there, but basically you can match the audio to slides and your own notes and stuff, and break it all up :smile:

Really?? I'd feel a bit like I was taking advantage, it's my own fault I don't have a working laptop :colondollar:

Oh that sounds good, so glad I'm getting all this stuff in place this year. Determined to get As this year :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3321
Original post by Odd socks
Really?? I'd feel a bit like I was taking advantage, it's my own fault I don't have a working laptop :colondollar:

Oh that sounds good, so glad I'm getting all this stuff in place this year. Determined to get As this year :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Believe me, I feel SO guilty because I took the ipod they offered me as a calendar lol. But yea, you'll get zeh laptop. You need a decent laptop to run all the software :smile:

And yea, it's REALLY something you need to do before you can even think of considering yourself a failure. If you don't have support in place, htf are you going to succeed?!
Original post by samba
Believe me, I feel SO guilty because I took the ipod they offered me as a calendar lol. But yea, you'll get zeh laptop. You need a decent laptop to run all the software :smile:

And yea, it's REALLY something you need to do before you can even think of considering yourself a failure. If you don't have support in place, htf are you going to succeed?!

Wow can't believe I'll get a new laptop :eek: I've never used any sort of benefits before so I'll say that I can't feel too bad about accepting :tongue: not sure how I'll explain a new laptop to parents though :lol:

Feeling actually happy for once, things seem to be coming together :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3323
Wow can't believe I'll get a new laptop :eek: I've never used any sort of benefits before so I'll say that I can't feel too bad about accepting :tongue: not sure how I'll explain a new laptop to parents though :lol:

Feeling actually happy for once, things seem to be coming together :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just tell them it was from DSA :smile: No need to lie! And yea, I kinda have the same feeling atm :redface: Just ordered my equipment, arranged my non medical helper, got the guts to tell the girl who's been pulling me down for weeks to gtfo, and sorted out which uni I'm off to :smile:
Original post by samba
Just tell them it was from DSA :smile: No need to lie! And yea, I kinda have the same feeling atm :redface: Just ordered my equipment, arranged my non medical helper, got the guts to tell the girl who's been pulling me down for weeks to gtfo, and sorted out which uni I'm off to :smile:

My dad is rather staunchly against taking hand-outs though. But then, constantly lying is getting exhausting :tongue:

I'm so happy for you :smile: I'm hoping I'll get a mentor person to help me study too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My dad is rather staunchly against taking hand-outs though. But then, constantly lying is getting exhausting :tongue:

I'm so happy for you :smile: I'm hoping I'll get a mentor person to help me study too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Try and tell the truth, but you could say you got it from the uni instead of a bursary?
When i started every student got a free laptop, because they didnt give out monetary bursaries. Up to you though :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3326

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tell him it's not a handout, it's help to help you achieve more so you can pay more taxes in the future! :p:

Yea, I'm not sure what I'll do with the mentor really.... maybe she can do library research for me? I dunno :p:
Reply 3327
Original post by PandaWho
Try and tell the truth, but you could say you got it from the uni instead of a bursary?
When i started every student got a free laptop, because they didnt give out monetary bursaries. Up to you though :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

team_mcdreamy is getting a free ipad mini when she gets to manchester, because they give them out to all med students! Makes me want to do medicine :lol:
Original post by samba
team_mcdreamy is getting a free ipad mini when she gets to manchester, because they give them out to all med students! Makes me want to do medicine :lol:

We got free toshibas with microsoft word disks and in the shops they were £300 laptops plus word.
They did it for every undergrad!
Was perfect timing for me as the summer before uni my laptop had been nicked!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by purple-duck

:woo: Movies are great :biggrin: Sorry for not replying for a while - I think I needed to/meant to at some point :s-smilie: Hope the exams went well - Have you got some time to relax now before next term?

Yeah, I have some time, five or six weeks and hopefully four of them are only there for relax.
Original post by tasha96
Thanks lovelies! :biggrin: :lovehug: Super chuffed. :colondollar: So exhausted though! Beeb up since five and have another five am start tomorrow. :sad:
How are yous? :smile: :hugs:

Rest well Tasha! We're all proud of you and all your accomplishments :lovehug:

I'm doing great, playing football later and I always seem to get some kind of injury playing haha :colondollar:
I shall be graduation with a 2:2 :woo: :party:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

AWESOME!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations :party:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
Ooh I forgot about that! Not sure where my sims 1 went, I had to uninstall it to install sims 3 I think but then I don't know where that is either...

I found the other expansion packs before I left :biggrin: Will have to install them when I get there :yep: :teehee:
:eek: What's sims 3 like? I think I have sims 2 somewhere though haven't ever played it.

Original post by keromedic
@PURPLE-DUCK

I'm okay thanks. Have just gotten up :smile:

Good :h: Were/are you working this summer? I couldn't 100% remember :redface:

Original post by ScaryScience
had a horrendous night. didn't get to sleep until after 6, then woke up with a start after an hour and lay awake for ages, then had a bad nightmare and woke up crying :frown: wish I never went to sleep :frown:

:hugs:

Chat with disability people went well :smile: I should be getting extra time in exams and sitting them in a smaller room :smile: and I've got an appointment in a few weeks to get assessed for dsa :biggrin:
]

:woo: Need to ask about that too when I get to Uni - though I don't actually have a diagnosis so don't know how it'd go :erm:

Original post by samba

Glad you're feeling good :biggrin: :woo: What are your plans for Uni? :smile: (if you don't mind me asking :redface:)
Jealous of your new incoming tech :tongue:

Original post by Nathanielle
Yeah, I have some time, five or six weeks and hopefully four of them are only there for relax.

Good :smile: You deserve a nice holiday/break I expect! Got any plans? Or just relaxing and stuff?

]

:woo: Well done!! - that's super awesome news indeed :biggrin: :yay: :party:

Hope the med stuff works okay too :hugs:

-----------------------

On the train to friends' :biggrin: all packed up too - pleased because it feels like I'm taking a lot less/have managed to cut it down - will all fit in the new (smaller) car quite easily I think! :smile:
http://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/your-stories/borderline-personality-disorder-receiving-a-diagnosis/#.VBLDrcJdWx4
this literally is how I feel every single day of my life. I need to push for this proper diagnosis cause I am suffering so much.
life shouldn't be a struggle to stay alive. have made a decision about coming year. kind of scary but flooded with relief. life shouldn't be like this

Posted from TSR Mobile

:woo: Well done! :party2:

I found the other expansion packs before I left :biggrin: Will have to install them when I get there :yep: :teehee:
:eek: What's sims 3 like? I think I have sims 2 somewhere though haven't ever played it.

Think I had some expansion packs at one point too, but could never get them to work? :dontknow: Sims 3 is good! Very different to the first one though.

---
Does anyone know how to send/upload photos to PM? If it's even possible... SweetNothing, I have the photo just can't work out how to send it atm :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

congrats hun :party:
Reply 3339

Glad you're feeling good :biggrin: :woo: What are your plans for Uni? :smile: (if you don't mind me asking :redface:)
Jealous of your new incoming tech :p:

I'm off to Salford for this year :smile: After that we'll see! Yea, it's all becoming real now. Salford starts earlier too, so in like.... under 2 weeks I'll be a scumbag student :eek: Need to do an amazon shop, buy my parking permit, an ebuyer shop, and yea!

Latest