The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Isometrix
I still need to see how United gel before feeling confident captaining any of their players, even if it is against QPR.

I can't decide between Costa and Sterling. Both have the form, but Sterling also has the fixture even though Villa are a surprise team. Swansea have been very good so far, it's a toughie. I'm leaning on Sterling, I reckon he'll turn it up more with Sturridge out.

true, it's just that it's di maria vs QPR - so tempting but i guess you're right, a bit risky.

i agree - villa isn't easy but it's a hell of a lot easier than swansea
the issue is that if chelsea blow them away, costa will almost certainly bag a goal or two
liverpool on the other hand won't blow villa away - it's entirely possible that we may only win by a single goal so sterling would also be risky.

i think i'll have sterling as captain and costa as vice
but so far, none of my captaincy choices have worked out (rooney once, sturridge twice)
Original post by Lúcio
true, it's just that it's di maria vs QPR - so tempting but i guess you're right, a bit risky.

i agree - villa isn't easy but it's a hell of a lot easier than swansea
the issue is that if chelsea blow them away, costa will almost certainly bag a goal or two
liverpool on the other hand won't blow villa away - it's entirely possible that we may only win by a single goal so sterling would also be risky.

i think i'll have sterling as captain and costa as vice
but so far, none of my captaincy choices have worked out (rooney once, sturridge twice)

Actually hold the phone, just had a look on twitter and a few sources claiming Costa completed a full training session this afternoon. I'm guessing he'll start.

TheChelseaViews ‏@TheChelseaViews 1h
Diego Costa trained perfectly with the squad today. #CFC (Chelsea TV)

ChelsTransferGossip ‏@ChelsTransfer 1h
Diego Costa trained normally with the squad (ChelseaTV) #CFC #Swansea

Not the most reliable sounding sources but it seems to have been mentioned on Chelsea TV. Really tempted to switch back to Costa now.
Actually hold the phone, just had a look on twitter and a few sources claiming Costa completed a full training session this afternoon. I'm guessing he'll start.

Not the most reliable sounding sources but it seems to have been mentioned on Chelsea TV. Really tempted to switch back to Costa now.

i'll be wavering until tomorrow anyway
i have a feeling that one will be amazing and the other won't pick up any points
if i were you i'd just pick the opposite to me... :/
Original post by Lúcio
i'll be wavering until tomorrow anyway
i have a feeling that one will be amazing and the other won't pick up any points
if i were you i'd just pick the opposite to me... :/

Well the way I see it is I could either go for an in-form striker or an in-form midfielder.

Also I just think Villa are more likely to settle for a point and frustrate Liverpool, sitting back and attacking on the break. Whereas Swansea are generally a more attacking team, can't see them defending the whole game.
Well the way I see it is I could either go for an in-form striker or an in-form midfielder.

Also I just think Villa are more likely to settle for a point and frustrate Liverpool, sitting back and attacking on the break. Whereas Swansea are generally a more attacking team, can't see them defending the whole game.

i do think sterling will pick up comparable points to strikers this season, however you do have a point.

the one thing chelsea can do now better than ever is score goals - they brought in a machine up front.
liverpool lost theirs.
not saying we can't score any more but we won't get close to our tally last season; maybe worth going for costa this week.

my issue is that i got siggy in midfield but ivanovic/fabregas/costa too - i'd rather chelsea win with a clean sheet unless it's siggy that scores/assists for swansea.
My worry about Sterling is that Brenton may well take him off early to save him for the CL. Isn't Lollana supposed to make his debut too?

May just punt on Aguero as he usually turns up in the big games.
Not doing to badly in this. Wish I'd captained Costa last week instead of Rooney though.
Original post by sr90
My worry about Sterling is that Brenton may well take him off early to save him for the CL. Isn't Lollana supposed to make his debut too?

I hope not I've also got Sterling
So Falcao wont start?? I was thinking of making him captain...
How certain is this whole Falcao won't start thing. If definate I might keep Rooney in.
Also best midfielder to replace Mata (I have Sterling and 3 Chelsea players)
Original post by sr90

Apparently Sterling will be on the bench and yes Lallana should be making his debut. I guess Sterling might see 20/30 mins towards the end of the game especially if it's a stale mate or we are losing but that really depends on how the team is performing and Rodgers would probably prefer to not play Sterling at all.
Original post by Alex Doran
How certain is this whole Falcao won't start thing. If definate I might keep Rooney in.
Also best midfielder to replace Mata (I have Sterling and 3 Chelsea players)

Rooney is more likely to start then Falcao, let's put it that way.

need 0.1m more for this team.

What would you do and how would you improve it?
Original post by TH3-FL45H

Clyne > Bertrand or Alderweireld is the easiest way to get your 0.1.

I like the McCarthy pick, will be surprised if he doesn't become QPR's number #1 by the end of the season. Very good keeper.
Original post by TH3-FL45H

need 0.1m more for this team.

Having Azpilicueta is asking for trouble imo, Luis is due a start anytime soon. You could get Courtois for the same price but added security of starts?

And I assume you'll be playing a 3-4-3 so I don't see why you're spending 5.4m on a sub player. Surely your front 7 will be first choice every week no? I know it's good to have squad depth but I wouldn't be spending more than 5.0m on a 5th mid.
not worried about any possibilty of sterling not starting/finishing.. bassically everyone decent has him, so it will be less or more points all round..

But jovetic injured now???

Looks like its only a week, but damn thats a shame - should have took him out for welbeck instead of lukaku..

Shame, looks like its going to be a dodgy week from the start
also captain looks like costa this week..

United and liverpool seem to have the best fixtures, but I dont really have a reliable player from either (well stirling, but I am not confident on captaining him yet)

10% tempted to go for glory and captain wellbeck though :biggrin:
Original post by sr90
Rooney is more likely to start then Falcao, let's put it that way.

Long term, I am assuming Rooney will drop into the midfield role behind RVP and Falcao so Rooney will not be a good buy. I am almost definitely putting Balotelli in for Rooney for the next 4 weeks and then swapping to Welbeck once his fixtures ease up.
Original post by sr90

please tell me that wasn't a typo.
i proper lolled:cool:

i considered sterling but i'm uncertain about him as captain now.
might just say the hell with it and stick with costa.

aguero might be okay since city almost always score.
however they didn't score against stoke and the didn't score in the community shield too - if they have one of those games, aguero as captain might backfire.

personally i try to steer clear of aguero - he's easily the best striker in the league; so, so clinical.
but he's just so injury prone and sometimes just doesn't play 90 mins
if i'm buying the most expensive FF player in the league, i don't want to worry about his fitness :/
do you guys think ramsey is worth having or should i swap to silva?

i'm never confident about him - he always seems to pick up points but arsenal have just so many strong players going forward that i'm worried he could just not do anything sometimes.
no player is ever gonna have the perfect game 38 times in a row, but i saw ramsey in arsenal's first 2 matches - he picked up points by scoring but he didn't seem to do all that much.

i originally had silva because he's such a slick player in general but he simply hasn't given me a return.

so i ask you, should i swap for silva or keep ramsey?
i could also just scrap it, downgrade ramsey to a 5m midfielder for the bench and upgrade naismith to a big, expensive striker :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest