The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Master Students 2014-2015 in York

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hwalmsley
Oh sorry, forgetting that not everyone is a rower, just a load of rowing machines basically.

ahh cheers, i think i'll be staying clear of that one then!
University of York
York
Hi I'm Lyndsey,

Going to be doing a MA in Social work, did undergrad in Leeds, so not moving too far...
Reply 42
I suppose I'm technically a masters student now!

Maths and Computer Science student going into my fourth year of a straight to masters degree at York.
Reply 43
MSc in Digital Heritage, here. Can't wait to start.

Are you guys planning to do something for the freshers week? Or are we not freshers at all? :smile:
im personally not a big party guy regardless, but you might as well join in with the festivities!
Hello everyone! I'm Zach and I'm starting on the M.Sc. in Fusion Energy at York in the Fall. I'm an American, so I'm a bit nervous about being unfamiliar with the British system, but I'm looking forward to studying a subject I'm passionate about in a really cool city!

By the way, is anyone else having trouble accessing the "A-Z list of societies at york" webpage? It was fine all summer until a few weeks ago.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 46
Hey Zach, I'm Angelo. Check out this document I found on the Yusu website.

I can understand why you're a bit nervous about the British university system (like you, I've never studied in the UK), but don't worry...I'm sure everything will be fine after the first couple of weeks (or at least I hope so lol) :smile:
Reply 47
Original post by Unknown Nerd
By the way, is anyone else having trouble accessing the "A-Z list of societies at york" webpage? It was fine all summer until a few weeks ago.

I think they took down the last year's list for the new year. It looks like the link points to a google doc now, though.
Reply 48
Eh, I guess this would be the best place to post although i'm not actually a master student.

Hi, I'm Junius (Male -27) and I will be starting my PhD in Economics at York. Should be arriving late September. Im from a tiny island in the Caribbean (Saint Lucia). Coming to England and York is therefore quite intimidating. Really hoping for a warm welcome that would make the prospect of moving from a tropical "paradise" to the cold of England less daunting. Would love to meet everyone so feel free to say hi. Maybe we can be friends before I even get there.

Still sorta looking for a place to live so any help on that front would be welcomed. Pleased to meet everyone :-P
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi guys, Im doing the MA in Eighteenth Century Studies this year and in case there are any people joining I have set up a facebook page. It's searchable under "CECS Ma 2014-15" so if you are joining or know anyone who is let them know :smile: thanks !
Reply 50
Hi guys! My name is Zoe and I'm starting MA Cultural Heritage Management at York in September. Still got things like accommodation to organise but looking forward to starting the course and meeting some new people :smile:
Reply 51
Original post by Minerva89
Hello everybody!

I'm Rachele, Italian, 25yo and I'll study Political Philosophy in the Department of Politics.

Cheers! :smile:

Ciao Rachele!

Sto per cominciare la laurea magistrale in canto, ed anche lavoro qualche volta a Milano. Vorresti aiutarmi praticare il mio italiano? Ho dimenticato quasi tutto >.<

Hannah
Reply 52
Also hi everyone else :P I'm Hannah and I'll be doing an MA in music along with 4 other people. Hoping to squeeze as much "uni experience" out of this year as possible, as adulthood is looming far too much! Will anyone else be working while they study? I really hope I can juggle it... Also is anyone else living at the Boulevard?
Original post by Oriana_
Also hi everyone else :P I'm Hannah and I'll be doing an MA in music along with 4 other people. Hoping to squeeze as much "uni experience" out of this year as possible, as adulthood is looming far too much! Will anyone else be working while they study? I really hope I can juggle it... Also is anyone else living at the Boulevard?

I'm working part time whilst i study and also I am living in the Boulevard too! Nice to meet you :biggrin:
For anyone staying at the uni can we turn up any time on the 20th or the 21st?
Reply 55
Original post by mellie220
I'm working part time whilst i study and also I am living in the Boulevard too! Nice to meet you :biggrin:

Nice to meet you too! :smile: what kind of work are you doing?
Original post by Oriana_
Nice to meet you too! :smile: what kind of work are you doing?

Just working at a mobile phone shop! I'm doing 20 hours a week which is still pretty exhausting! Yourself? :smile:
Reply 57
Just working at a mobile phone shop! I'm doing 20 hours a week which is still pretty exhausting! Yourself? :smile:

ah that's cool! good find :smile: I'm doing project management for this company I'm working for at the mo, just hoping their version of "part time" fits in with mine!
Original post by Oriana_
ah that's cool! good find :smile: I'm doing project management for this company I'm working for at the mo, just hoping their version of "part time" fits in with mine!

That's a lot better than my job! Although it does sound quite hard! Yeah, I decided to go for the easier possible job with the best hours possible - they're super flexible so it means I'm able to take whatever days I want off for University :biggrin:
Also, which block are you in at the Boulevard :smile: I've moved in already and I've literally met no one, I feel like such a loner!
Reply 59
That's a lot better than my job! Although it does sound quite hard! Yeah, I decided to go for the easier possible job with the best hours possible - they're super flexible so it means I'm able to take whatever days I want off for University :biggrin:
Also, which block are you in at the Boulevard :smile: I've moved in already and I've literally met no one, I feel like such a loner!

Well, let's just see if I can keep up with it first lol!!!
Awwww I have no idea which block I'm in - I won't be moving in til the 27th :frown: it feels SO FAR AWAY! Which are you in? We'll have to hang out for a cuppa when I move up! Is there nobody else moved in yet?

Quick Reply

Latest