The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Asexual Demigod
x

Hi, welcome to the thread :wavey: just a heads up, please read the first post of the thread, there are certain things that we aren't allowed to talk about that you've mentioned in a couple of your posts :smile:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
I promise you're fine, hun :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much, i feel so much better now. :smile:
If I didn't post on here I'd be paranoid all night and wouldn't sleep.

Thank you. :smile: :hugs:
Original post by nohomo
Also, my volunteering place was talking behind my back, so I've stopped going there.

One of the managers accidentally emailed all her emails to me. She said "seems he's going back to uni. Maybe for the best if he is not reliable. Do keep this to yourself though please."

Load of ****. It's a mental health volunteering organisation, which is meant to be sensitive to my needs. I turned up reliably for three-four months, then had 3 weeks of illness for which I called in sick, and then went back reliably. Load of ****.

It made me sad to read this, yet it is something I see frequently. Not the specific circumstances, but the lack of sensitivity towards staff. I work for a mental health charity, though not a customer facing role. 40-50% of our staff sickness is mental health related, which is partly to be expected as the work is often taken up by people because mental health issues affect them or their family. Yet despite having an excellent track record in helping service users, the company does very little to support staff with the same problems.
Reply 3383
Original post by nohomo
Also, my volunteering place was talking behind my back, so I've stopped going there.

One of the managers accidentally emailed all her emails to me. She said "seems he's going back to uni. Maybe for the best if he is not reliable. Do keep this to yourself though please."

Load of ****. It's a mental health volunteering organisation, which is meant to be sensitive to my needs. I turned up reliably for three-four months, then had 3 weeks of illness for which I called in sick, and then went back reliably. Load of ****.

This is utterly **** of them :angry: Also, good luck with the ESA. The DWP are just robbers.
Original post by Asexual Demigod
I'm really sorry to hear that. What is specifically troubling you? Have friends and family abandoned you? I empathise with the intense emotional agony, it's unbearable and that's often when I self-harm or attempt suicide. What coping mechanisms are you talking about in particular? I find listening to music, self-harming, and talking to someone who can calm me down if I've had an argument with another friend helpful.

Thank you. I'm stuck and unhappy in my life and direction, and basically too ill to actually live properly. Friends continually abandon me, family aren't great but I push them away. Sorry you can empathise with the agony. It's absolutely dreadful but you are not alone. I engage in things we can't talk about on here, dangerous driving, occasionally heavy drinking, lots of binge eating, excessive spending and just destructive behaviour towards belongings such as cutting up clothes, throwing things, ripping things up etc.
Reply 3385
Ok, to get away from the bull**** direction this thread is currently heading in, can anyone suggest me some music? I've always enjoyed music a little but never been a really big fan! (other than of some hiphop) Need some suggestions for my incoming ipod :redface:
Original post by samba
Ok, to get away from the bull**** direction this thread is currently heading in, can anyone suggest me some music? I've always enjoyed music a little but never been a really big fan! (other than of some hiphop) Need some suggestions for my incoming ipod :redface:

David Bowie :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really worried about my girlfriend. Really worried. Just don't know what to say to her anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3388

da *** :p: LIKE, REAL SUGGESTIONS PLEASE.
Original post by samba
da *** :p: LIKE, REAL SUGGESTIONS PLEASE.

Oi :unimpressed: don't diss my future husband :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samba

I can't stop listening to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ul-cZyuYq4
Hello all. :colone: So I've signed up for an OU course (subject to loan approval :angry:) feel slightly better of late as I'm now finally on anti deps, but I'e ran out and the psychiatrist hasn't faxed the GP like he said he would so I've got to miss at least a weekend without them.
I don't like here as much any more. It doesn't have the safe atmosphere it once had.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by james1211
I don't like here as much any more. It doesn't have the safe atmosphere it once had.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry :frown: it's my fault probably :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry if you feel I have contributed to that.
Sorry :frown: it's my fault probably :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, it's not. It is my fault. I'm sorry.
Original post by Danny the Geezer
Hello all. :colone: So I've signed up for an OU course (subject to loan approval :angry:) feel slightly better of late as I'm now finally on anti deps, but I'e ran out and the psychiatrist hasn't faxed the GP like he said he would so I've got to miss at least a weekend without them.

I would report your psychiatrist for negligence and take the correct dosage of antidepressant the day you get them to prevent any serious withdrawal symptoms.

Posted from TSR Mobile

is your girlfriend okay?
Reply 3398
Original post by PandaWho
I shall be graduation with a 2:2 :woo: :party:

:woo: That's awesome, congratulations! !!! :party:
talk about crash.

Latest