The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by james1211

Anyone know much about SSRI withdrawal, it's been over a week now since I stopped citalopram and I'm having hallucinations, vivid nightmares of death and SA, constant brain zaps (feel like I'm being electrocuted in the brain) and it's getting worse not better.

Posted from TSR Mobile

that sounds really bad, please see your GP if you can, really don't think you should experience things that bad a week after stopping meds!

Original post by ScaryScience
today is turning out to be the worst day ever and its not even 10:30. :bawling: :bawling:

:hugs: what's wrong?
Original post by Porridge510
Oh. :smile: We were in the car anyway, so we're clean i guess? o:

Yrah, your clean, nothing can harm you, honestly!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
that sounds really bad, please see your GP if you can, really don't think you should experience things that bad a week

Got an appointment in 4 days, he said I'd feel nothing. It's been so difficult :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an appointment in 4 days, he said I'd feel nothing. It's been so difficult :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Usually I thought the dose was halved one month at a time to make it gradual.
Hi to newbies. Sounds like we could all do with squishy TLG hugs! :grouphugs:

Original post by samba
Ok, to get away from the bull**** direction this thread is currently heading in, can anyone suggest me some music? I've always enjoyed music a little but never been a really big fan! (other than of some hiphop) Need some suggestions for my incoming ipod :redface:

Hard to suggest (I'm a cheesy pop person so you probs wouldn't like any of my immediate suggestions :danceboy: ) but I'd recommend stuff with a good beat. I've got whole playlists that go on for hours of tunes with a good beat, to distract myself from my voices :yep: It's a good way of distracting from MH problems :yes:
Original post by Domestrella
Usually I thought the dose was halved one month at a time to make it gradual.

He said 20mg of citalopram wasn't high enough to give me any withdrawal effects so said to stop them cold turkey :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3426
Hey guys! I'm back from my little holiday :wink: so I'll try and pop in here every now and then.

How are things? Have you all had a good summer? :smile:
Reply 3427
Original post by Sabertooth
x

:smile:

Glad to see you made it to mod! Always thought you'd make a good one :biggrin:
Original post by Riku
Hey guys! I'm back from my little holiday :wink: so I'll try and pop in here every now and then.

Hey :smile: How are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello guys we are a group of young people who are trying to promote mental health problems and how people should be able to speak out about their problems. It would be such a pleasure if we had people donate to our page which will be going towards a charity called YMCA. please share and donate even if it's the smallest bit of money =) https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/perhama6
Original post by PandaWho
Yrah, your clean, nothing can harm you, honestly!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you. :smile: How are you doing? :smile:
Reply 3431
Original post by furryface12
Hey :smile: How are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I'm pretty good thanks :smile: what's been happening around here while I've been gone?
Original post by Riku
Hey, I'm pretty good thanks :smile: what's been happening around here while I've been gone?

Good :smile: The usual really- people coming and going, the odd argument and occasional scrabble game, some people struggling and some people feeling a bit better :redface: In general pretty good though except the argument last night (scroll back a few pages) which didn't look so nice :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Peeps as, um, interesting and touching as this whole animal debate malarkey is... could we take it elsewhere? :dontknow:

Original post by Riku

RIKU! :jumphug: Good to see you back in here mate! :h:

You're not sorry.

You know nothing about me or whether I was sorry or not.
Question for you guys:

When is it OK to be selfish in life? To literally care about nothing else but yourself at the present time?

I feel like I need to focus on just only me right now, but I'm tired of an emotionally abusive family labelling me "selfish" all the time.

Got told off like a 3-year-old toddler earlier today for eating food from the fridge without asking permission. Literally nearly cried. I'm just so sick of all this emotional pain and instability.
Original post by Arsenalforlifee
Question for you guys:

When is it OK to be selfish in life? To literally care about nothing else but yourself at the present time?

I feel like I need to focus on just only me right now, but I'm tired of an emotionally abusive family labelling me "selfish" all the time.

Got told off like a 3-year-old toddler earlier today for eating food from the fridge without asking permission. Literally nearly cried. I'm just so sick of all this emotional pain and instability.

There's a difference between selfishness, and self-care. Wanting to focus on yourself is the latter, not the former.

Your family do sound a bit odd, tbh. You should be able to eat from the fridge without permission!!! :s-smilie:

Do you live at home the whole time or is it just for uni holidays? Is there anywhere you can escape to? Like a family friend, a uni friend or a grandparent's place? :console:
Reply 3437
Original post by furryface12
Good :smile: The usual really- people coming and going, the odd argument and occasional scrabble game, some people struggling and some people feeling a bit better :redface: In general pretty good though except the argument last night (scroll back a few pages) which didn't look so nice :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw yeah, so I've heard :tongue: not sure whether it's nosey and/or a bad idea to go have a look at it…

You've been playing Scrabble without me?! :leer:

How are you, personally? What have you been up to this summer? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

to be honest if it's still really bad I'd consider making an emergency appointment as soon as you can as well as seeing him, definitely doesn't sound good at all, I really hope you are okay though! :hugs:
Reply 3439
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Peeps as, um, interesting and touching as this whole animal debate malarkey is... could we take it elsewhere? :dontknow:

RIKU! :jumphug: Good to see you back in here mate! :h:

Heyy TLG :hugs: how ya doing?

Latest