The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Teams are already becoming ridiculously homogeneous, I have 8/11 of sr90's starting for me :lol:

Original post by Lúcio
ADM for sure if you have the money.

As a Liverpool fan you will be aware more than others about how tight it is for places in our team going forward.
Unfortunately coutinho isn't a 100% guaranteed starter when fit like Sturridge or Gerrard are.

Coutinho is too good to be on your bench but he's also a player that could only get half an hour at the end of a game so you wouldn't get the chance to use a sub

At least we know ADM will always be playing

Coutinho will start today I think. I have Moreno and Sterling so I should probably not have 3 Liverpool players, have made that mistake way too many times over the years (A Liverpool player is captain 9/10 times for me lol). I don't think United will win today though, or I just want it to happen so ue to how hilarious it would be that I've convinced myself they're not winning.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sr90
All sorted. Good luck everyone.

In b4 Arsenal/City 0-0

I'm not massively sure on Welbeck yet, will see how he sets up for Arsenal today, and how he plays. Left 1.7m in the bank for him which will be enough to buy him if he looks good. Naismith/Welbeck will price rise prob.

Schmeichel will get a load of save points it seems being a good shot stopper. Wanted Courtois, but it affected my backline too much so going for Leicester gk cover means i'm covered with a Leicester keeper injury.

Original post by Deshi
Teams are already becoming ridiculously homogeneous, I have 8/11 of sr90's starting for me :lol:

Coutinho will start today I think. I have Moreno and Sterling so I should probably not have 3 Liverpool players, have made that mistake way too many times over the years (A Liverpool player is captain 9/10 times for me lol). I don't think United will win today though, or I just want it to happen so ue to how hilarious it would be that I've convinced myself they're not winning.

United definitely won't be winning today, can put your house on it.

They're playing tomorrow :getmecoat:

Agree, teams looking very similar to the point the small things will make the difference. Really hoping Falcao/Di Maria struggle for fpl and United in general reasons
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Deshi

Indeed. Everyone has Sterling, Siggy, Fabregas, Ramsey/Di Maria, Diego Costa, a Stoke defender and a Southampton defender.

At least there's no obvious captaincy choice this year. In the past you could stick the armband on Suarez, RVP, Ronaldo and just forget about it for weeks. For now at least, people are having to put some thought into it.

Original post by Gob Bluth
x

Toby is a great pick, think he'll boss BAPs. I wasn't sure if he'd start straight away though so I went for the boring option in Bertrand :pierre: Welbeck is, like you said, as much to ride the price rise wave as it is to legitimately bring him in. If he flops it's easy enough to remove him.
Original post by sr90
Indeed. Everyone has Sterling, Siggy, Fabregas, Ramsey/Di Maria, Diego Costa, a Stoke defender and a Southampton defender.

At least there's no obvious captaincy choice this year. In the past you could stick the armband on Suarez, RVP, Ronaldo and just forget about it for weeks. For now at least, people are having to put some thought into it.

Toby is a great pick, think he'll boss BAPs. I wasn't sure if he'd start straight away though so I went for the boring option in Bertrand :pierre: Welbeck is, like you said, as much to ride the price rise wave as it is to legitimately bring him in. If he flops it's easy enough to remove him.

Yeah, i'm a little concerned Toby won't start right away, as he will outscore Bertrand if he does through the season.

Captaincy definitely a lot harder now. RVP of the 2 seasons before last, and Suarez last season were all pretty common.
Original post by Gob Bluth
Yeah, i'm a little concerned Toby won't start right away, as he will outscore Bertrand if he does through the season.

Captaincy definitely a lot harder now. RVP of the 2 seasons before last, and Suarez last season were all pretty common.

Not expecting any attacking returns from Bertrand, but Saints should keep a few clean sheets. Almost got Forster in as well.
Everyone's got the same team now :lol:

Screen shot 2014-09-13 at 12.03.27.png

Bench: 4.0 keeper, Wisdom, Boyd, Taylor
everyones teams are looking great on paper after the wildcard..

Whilst mine is still looking a bit ropey..

Got to hope it pays off though - last season I wildcarded in this break, after a good start and It back fired.. so this year im not panicing.. things are going well, no need to change yet..

---

For this first game, as ever I am routing for sanchez to outscore ramsey.. would be a great start to the weekend for me!

+ welbeck still has a pretty low ownership so him getting me some points would be great
Aguero so damn fixture proof :coma:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I swapped Aguero for Falcao....
Why did I not captain Aguero :s-smilie:
Original post by Deshi

i agree - so many people using WCs and there's just certain players that are a must have like costa and sterling

i don't have 3 players of any team except chelsea
i've played it safe and captained costa

united are playing tomorrow although against such a poor QPR side, surely even they can't mess this up?
with those players?
Original post by Isometrix

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by DeepStar
I swapped Aguero for Falcao....

Original post by ..DT..
Why did I not captain Aguero :s-smilie:

i told myself i wasn't gonna buy aguero simply because of his price

i think i might have to go back on myself, get costa and aguero up front by getting rid of ramsey possibly?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If only he was injury proof. We should do a ''which GW will Aguero injure his hamstring'' sweepstakes.
Original post by Lúcio
i told myself i wasn't gonna buy aguero simply because of his price

i think i might have to go back on myself, get costa and aguero up front by getting rid of ramsey possibly?

Risky imo, with more than 40% of players owning Ramsey and only 9% owning Aguero if the plan backfires it will hurt you more.

Ramsey is Arsenals best player right now, I'm holding him until Walcott is fit anyway.

But I do think Costa and Aguero are a good combination up front. Let's see how Falcao does.
Risky imo, with more than 40% of players owning Ramsey and only 9% owning Aguero if the plan backfires it will hurt you more.

Ramsey is Arsenals best player right now, I'm holding him until Walcott is fit anyway.

But I do think Costa and Aguero are a good combination up front. Let's see how Falcao does.

true, i suppose to do well at FF you need to have players with low ownership that do well - i had rodwell for instance in an early week when he scored against united.

my main issue with aguero is that he's so damn expensive but so damn injury prone
12.1m right now; i had a look and to even get him in my team i'd need to change around about 3 players
i think right now i'll wait for a few weeks and see how balotelli/falcao/di maria settle in
Original post by Lúcio

i don't have 3 players of any team except chelsea
i've played it safe and captained costa

Costa is not a safe bet given the fact he is not guaranteed to start. I think he probably will but with Remy on the bench, odds are Costa will not get the full 90. I played it safe and went with Sterling because I wasn't sure about the Costa gametime.
Original post by Alex Doran
Costa is not a safe bet given the fact he is not guaranteed to start. I think he probably will but with Remy on the bench, odds are Costa will not get the full 90. I played it safe and went with Sterling because I wasn't sure about the Costa gametime.

costa not guaranteed to start?
i think he'll start enough games and score enough goals to justify his price though
and given aguero's injury woes, costa will likely play mre games than aguero i would assume.

i jumped on the bandwagon and went for costa, and as i said sterling is an absolute must have imo.
Wrong thread..
Ffs is Aguero limping off lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest