The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Confirmed: Goal post given MOTM.

top quality banter
Lots of positives today for Arsenal but i'd be very worried if Debuchy is out long term. Your defence looked woeful today, Chambers Kosc Mert Gibbs is decent enough but there's no back up what so ever besides Monreal. You're playing twice a week until January as well.

Are there any youth team players who can be promoted?
Reply 8642
I think that game showed so many positives but we have to kick on against Dortmund and actually get the points in the league .. I am very please overal
Original post by hogree
FTFY

Ozil has shown he can be World Class. Why spend over £40m on a proven CAM if you are going to stick him on the wings? He is not built for that.
Reply 8644
Original post by Lúcio
your attack:coma:
your defence:facepalm2:

I think they could do with signing a defensive midfielder m8.

Spoiler

Original post by Arkasia
Ozil has shown he can be World Class. Why spend over £40m on a proven CAM if you are going to stick him on the wings? He is not built for that.

What Moyes did with Mata. Dat logic:biggrin:
You played really well. You got all the decisions. And yet you still almost lost, at home too.
Original post by Rk2k14
What Moyes did with Mata. Dat logic:biggrin:

Exactly. It's ridiculous.
Original post by manchesterunited15
so were you :colonhash:

What's more important was that you were wrong more so :tongue: So are you looking forward to tomorrow?
Original post by Arkasia
Exactly. It's ridiculous.

Its funny, Moyes said he didn't go for Ozil because he didn't need a CAM. A few months later...:biggrin:
Original post by sr90
Lots of positives today for Arsenal but i'd be very worried if Debuchy is out long term. Your defence looked woeful today, Chambers Kosc Mert Gibbs is decent enough but there's no back up what so ever besides Monreal. You're playing twice a week until January as well.

Bellerin has a lot of potential and could slot in at RB if need be. Got some game time in pre-season and looked good. Obviously it's a big risk but if they're good enough they're old enough.
Absolutely gutted still. That game was there for the winning after 2-1. Can't help but feel all the players will not get the mental boost they most definitely needed. Not optimistic about our chances at the Etihad either.

Wilshere and Alexis both had good games.

monreal was a poor choice - don't see much in him at all. Ozil was poor again, he shouldn't be starting in this sort of form. Gives the ball away too much.

Was so so happy after the second Arsenal goal :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Rk2k14
Its funny, Moyes said he didn't go for Ozil because he didn't need a CAM. A few months later...:biggrin:

Oh dear god. Well Moyes was ousted after a year, so that speaks for itself.
Original post by sr90

Bellerin as a RB and Hayden at a stretch for CB, but that's about it I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
IM SO PISSED. We played so well but f*cked it up..due to to poor defending/set pieces as usual. Jack played so so well. Rambo still hasnt found form which is worrying. A positive..at least were not beaten yet lol..
Original post by sr90

Isaac Hayden and Hector Bellerin will both probably be in the squad against Dortmund I suspect. Don't mind about Bellerin because I feel he was gonna get integrated this season anyway but Hayden seems to have been dropped in deep waters fast but they are the players from our acad that are closest to getting to 1st team atm so not the worst that could happen I guess.
Reply 8656
Original post by EmperorMustard
Bellerin has a lot of potential and could slot in at RB if need be. Got some game time in pre-season and looked good. Obviously it's a big risk but if they're good enough they're old enough.

Yeah he looks the closest out of the next young boys to get a chance
Reply 8657
Original post by deborarosa
IM SO PISSED. We played so well but f*cked it up..due to to poor defending/set pieces as usual. Jack played so so well. Rambo still hasnt found form which is worrying. A positive..at least were not beaten yet lol..

I think you're a defensive midfielder away from competing.

Im sure Wenger will buy one when given an opportunity in a transfer window.
that welbz miss :frown:
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
What's more important was that you were wrong more so :tongue: So are you looking forward to tomorrow?

No, I'm expecting a 1-0 QPR win with Ferdinand scoring the winner after a mistake from Falcao

Spoiler

Latest