The Student Room Group

Unaware of what ACCA is all about? Want to study ACCA?..HELP thread!!!

Scroll to see replies

I forgot to add, I'd certainly agree that AC qualifications differ -CIMA, CIPFA. ACCA, ICAEW to name a few - good to mention options but I wouldn't pigeon hole ACCA. Maiden day AC need to certainly think beyond transactional based work

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello everyone,

For those looking for interesting insights, we have just published an article here on TSR titled "What does the future of accountancy look like?"

To read it, click here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/What_does_the_future_of_accountancy_look_like%3F

Hope that helps!

Best regards,
LSBF Social Media Team
Reply 62
Original post by MahmoodReza
Hello Sena5, my apologies re my comment - I was only trying to put a context & background to the message, but point taken. To LSBF, thanks for the offer but not needed

Posted from TSR Mobile

Then delete that comment.
Reply 63
LSBF and BPP are now ONLINE to answer your questions!!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 64
Original post by BPP University
x

Original post by LSBF
x

You can answer questions from students. Hope you get questions.:smile:
Reply 65
Original post by BPP University
x

Original post by LSBF
x

Is there a branch I can study ACCA in the USA?
Well, I have no accounting background so learning with a tuition provider enables and motivates me to study.

What is the fees at BPP because when I calculate the fees, it complicates me. As an international student, I would like to learn ACCA Professional papers. What is the fees fr the papers including the course fees?

What is the fees for ACCA at LSBF including the course fees?

As for both universities, can I work part-time whilst studying full-time ACCA at university?
Check out other providers such as Kaplan (us owned) -.ensure you have a good study plan and approach. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
Check out other providers such as Kaplan (us owned) -.ensure you have a good study plan and approach. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

If Kaplan had come online I would of asked it to them as well. Thank You
You may a fair point Sena5, you have to complement BPP & LSBF for being responsive

Posted from TSR Mobile
Am not sure if this question has been answered, but if am doing a BSc degree that is approved by ACCA does that mean I am exempted from the exams?
You will be exempted from some of the exams (mostly the F level papers). What your exemptions are will depend on what modules you study & the agreement between the actual university & ACCA. There are costs involved - have a look at the link below for more info & FAQS on this http://www.accaglobal.com/uk/en/help/exemptions.html

On the practical side please note that if you pursue ACCA after uni you will be expected to be familiar with the content

Posted from TSR Mobile
You will be exempted from some of the exams (mostly the F level papers). What your exemptions are will depend on what modules you study & the agreement between the actual university & ACCA. There are costs involved - have a look at the link below for more info & FAQS on this http://www.accaglobal.com/uk/en/help/exemptions.html

On the practical side please note that if you pursue ACCA after uni you will be expected to be familiar with the content

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. Another question can I then take some ACCA exams that I am not exempted from now along side my degree or do I have to wait till I finish my degree?
There is nothing stopping you taking ACCA exams whilst doing your degree. You will need to initially register with ACCA if you are going to sit these exams - there will be a fee involved (check ACCA http://www.accaglobal.com/uk/en.html for details). Also bear in mind that you will not be able to take some exams until you have passed others, and that you will need to gain 3 years approved experience to be duly qualified
Reply 73
Original post by bahonsi
Am not sure if this question has been answered, but if am doing a BSc degree that is approved by ACCA does that mean I am exempted from the exams?

Before I am able to confirm what exemptions you are eligible for we will need to know the following information:

*The name of the awarding body/institution
*The title and classification of your degree
*The year of graduation
Original post by Sena5
Before I am able to confirm what exemptions you are eligible for we will need to know the following information:

*The year of graduation

I already checked am exempted from f1-f9, but have to do all the p exams. I guess this means am not able to take any ACCA along side my degree right?
Reply 75
Original post by bahonsi
I already checked am exempted from f1-f9, but have to do all the p exams. I guess this means am not able to take any ACCA along side my degree right?

Where did you check if you don't mind? As you haven't completed university I'm sure you can't be exempted from all nine papers. The modules you have done in the degree is compared with ACCA. The matching ACCA and modules are checked and you don;t have to sit for those ACCA papers.

Please kindly give me the following details:
*The year of graduation

ACCA has requirements GCSE and A-Levels to register and begin the ACCA course. I'm sure you gain ACCA exemptions but not from all nine papers.

In order for me to access the exact exemptions you qualify please give the above information.

Thanks you:smile:
Original post by Sena5
Where did you check if you don't mind? As you haven't completed university I'm sure you can't be exempted from all nine papers. The modules you have done in the degree is compared with ACCA. The matching ACCA and modules are checked and you don;t have to sit for those ACCA papers.

Please kindly give me the following details:
*The year of graduation

ACCA has requirements GCSE and A-Levels to register and begin the ACCA course. I'm sure you gain ACCA exemptions but not from all nine papers.

In order for me to access the exact exemptions you qualify please give the above information.

Thanks you:smile:

On the ACCA website Now am confused. I checked my university and course on the website and it showed the exemptions for the course in general as I don't finish university until 2017 will that apply to me? My course is Financial economics with Accounting. Birkbeck university of London
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 77
Original post by bahonsi
On the ACCA website Now am confused. I checked my university and course on the website and it showed the exemptions for the course in general as I don't finish university until 2017 will that apply to me? My course is Financial economics with Accounting. Birkbeck university of London

Hey,

Sorry for keeping delay. I will answer you soon as I am checking the relevant information for you.

I will reply you now in some time. Please wait.

Thanks
Reply 78
Original post by bahonsi

Could you just confirm that you dropped out from 1st year bio medical science University of London.(Dropped out halfway)

and currently a Financial Economics with Accounting student at Birkbeck University of London.

You haven't yet registered to ACCA.

So if this is your case, the Finance degree you are studying towards would get you exemptions from papers F1, F2 and F3 and possibly F8 if you complete the Auditing module. You will not get any exemptions for being half way through a bio medical degree. If you register now you will not receive any exemptions but you will be able to sit all the papers if you register now and work towards completing all of the ACCA exams. Or once you complete your current degree, you would be eligible for four paper exemptions after graduated which you will not need to sit for.
When you complete the degree you will get 3 exemptions (possibly 4 if you do the Auditing module). You can take ACCA exams if you wish to. If you pass the exams with ACCA then you will not be awarded exemptions from any of these papers in the future when you complete your degree.

In order to work out what exemptions you may be eligible for, you can access ACCA Exemptions Database through the following link. This page also includes information on the Exemptions policy that you will find useful. The link is: http://www.accaglobal.com/gb/en/student/acca-qual-student-journey/exemptions.html

If you are going to be exempted from the exams I am just wondering why you would want to also sit the exams?

It is said in the ACCA website that it is possible to gain nine Fundamental paper exemption, which means there are chances of gaining exemptions in any of those papers depending on the degree or any prior qualifications you hold.
Original post by Sena5

In order to work out what exemptions you may be eligible for, you can access ACCA Exemptions Database through the following link. This page also includes information on the Exemptions policy that you will find useful. The link is: http://www.accaglobal.com/gb/en/student/acca-qual-student-journey/exemptions.html

If you are going to be exempted from the exams I am just wondering why you would want to also sit the exams?

It is said in the ACCA website that it is possible to gain nine Fundamental paper exemption, which means there are chances of gaining exemptions in any of those papers depending on the degree or any prior qualifications you hold.

Yes I didn't finish my Bio med degree but now on a Finance degree, I wanted to know if it will be possible to sit the exams am not exempted from while on my current degree just so I don't have to sit that many exams when I finish my degree. Am guessing that isn't the case.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending