The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath Applicants 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Open day was good today! Really helpful information, although I found out there is only 20 places available on my course😔

Posted from TSR Mobile
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Is anyone hoping to apply for pharmacy? If so have you been to the open day, how was it?
Original post by beccaheys
Open day was good today! Really helpful information, although I found out there is only 20 places available on my course

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I also went today and was surprised by how few spaces are on my course (especially compared to applicant numbers!). What did you think of the campus?
Original post by sunandstars
Yeah I also went today and was surprised by how few spaces are on my course (especially compared to applicant numbers!). What did you think of the campus?

What course are you thinking of applying for? And I loved it! Especially loved woodland court accomadation but the campus was great too! How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What course are you thinking of applying for? And I loved it! Especially loved woodland court accomadation but the campus was great too! How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Biology! There is 96 places for about 1300 applicants :eek:
I really liked Woodland Court as well because the rooms were so much bigger and nicer than I expected! The Quads were also nice but since I don't think I want part-catered. I think after today I'm going to apply :smile: Do you think you will?
Open day was good today! Really helpful information, although I found out there is only 20 places available on my course😔

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same... there's like 10 for the course I'm planning on applying to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sunandstars
Biology! There is 96 places for about 1300 applicants :eek:
I really liked Woodland Court as well because the rooms were so much bigger and nicer than I expected! The Quads were also nice but since I don't think I want part-catered. I think after today I'm going to apply :smile: Do you think you will?

Yeah exactly the same as me! I found the rooms in the quads really small as well! And yes most definitely, probably won't get an offer but it's worth a try!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beaverhausen
Same... there's like 10 for the course I'm planning on applying to

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sucks doesn't it! What course you applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
I went to the open day today, loved everything about it... the city itself is very quaint i thought, and they have a great campus, as well as decent sports facilities. Also a pretty convenient journey from here in London.
My grades:
GCSE: 3A* 5As 2Bs
AS: 2 Bs (bio and chem), A (physics), C (maths)
p.s. I'm dropping maths (screwed up C2). the Bs were 2 and 3 ums points off an A (grr) but I decided not to bother with remarking and redo all the unit 2s because that's where I lost the most marks.
Predicted 3 As, and applying for biological sciences.

The accommodation was impressive, some of it was small but very neat, I wouldn't mind staying in the quads, imo. As long as I have my own bathroom lol
Sucks doesn't it! What course you applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Msci Psychology with placement you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beaverhausen
Msci Psychology with placement you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Management with marketing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey everyone,

I just updated the OP with a link to University of Bath connect page - if you haven't already go connect to see other applicants' grades & offers. Also, if you enter your details it will be really really useful for everyone else making their applications this year.

:woo:
Applying for Chemical engineering but not convinced to do it at Bath
Reply 53
I'm really interested in studying at Bath, but haven't been over to see it yet, I'm from Northern Ireland. Can't decide between Mechanical Engineering and Computer Science, but leaning towards Computer Science as the entry requirements are AAA, instead of Mech. Engineering's A*AA.
GCSE's: 3A*'s, 8A's
AS: AAAA (Maths, Physics, ICT, and History)

Dropped history for A2, and havent received my predicted grades yet! I think they'll be A*AA.
Reply 54
Original post by pawddy
I'm really interested in studying at Bath, but haven't been over to see it yet, I'm from Northern Ireland. Can't decide between Mechanical Engineering and Computer Science, but leaning towards Computer Science as the entry requirements are AAA, instead of Mech. Engineering's A*AA.
GCSE's: 3A*'s, 8A's
AS: AAAA (Maths, Physics, ICT, and History)

Dropped history for A2, and havent received my predicted grades yet! I think they'll be A*AA.

Have you had a look at jamiepedvlogs? He does compsci at bath so could mayb help you decide! He has a main channel too but I can't remember it's name rn :3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
Just got my offer. Unexpectedly, I only applied yesterday! A*AB/AAA for comp sci.
GCSEs:9A*2A
Y12:A*Aaa Maths, gen studies, physics, computing respectively. Predicted A*(maths)A*A*A*A(gen studies) in further maths,physics,computing. I kinda wanted to be interviewed, is there an offer holder day?
Original post by TVIO
Just got my offer. Unexpectedly, I only applied yesterday! A*AB/AAA for comp sci.
Y12:A*Aaa Maths, gen studies, physics, computing respectively. Predicted A*(maths)A*A*A*A(gen studies) in further maths,physics,computing. I kinda wanted to be interviewed, is there an offer holder day?

Congratulations!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TVIO

Well done mate!! Am I right in thinking from what you've written there that you've already got an A* in maths? And if so, does your offer include that grade?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
Original post by Fred Cantoni
Well done mate!! Am I right in thinking from what you've written there that you've already got an A* in maths? And if so, does your offer include that grade?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks :smile: Yes, and yes. Though the offer still specified 'at least an A in Maths' which made me sigh in relief that I've done it already.
Original post by TVIO
Thanks :smile: Yes, and yes. Though the offer still specified 'at least an A in Maths' which made me sigh in relief that I've done it already.

Okay brilliant, thanks for the reply! I'm in a similar position to you, with the A* in maths already, and have been worrying if they'd take it, cheers for your help!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest