The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Okay heading home. Just need to get in, get meds, get cake and not be told I'm a terrible daughter. And work out how to explain why I didn't go to work today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Riku
Heyy TLG :hugs: how ya doing?

I'm not too bad thanks! Just recovering from a major influx of relatives :eek: But otherwise good :h:

How've you been? What've you been up to?! :biggrin:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
There's a difference between selfishness, and self-care. Wanting to focus on yourself is the latter, not the former.

Your family do sound a bit odd, tbh. You should be able to eat from the fridge without permission!!! :s-smilie:

Do you live at home the whole time or is it just for uni holidays? Is there anywhere you can escape to? Like a family friend, a uni friend or a grandparent's place? :console:

Thanks :smile: I guess you're right, I usually know myself very well and have a strong personality but my family constantly puts me down so often it's hard to not take some of what they say seriously sometimes.

It's been this way since I was a kid TBH... this isn't the worst they've been by any extent :s-smilie: Am saving up from any sources possible/trying to ensure a steady income and moving out ASAP.

I'm at home the whole time unfortunately (had to leave uni due to severe depression which my family doesn't know about, but being around the emotionally abusive environment is making it even worse.)
Original post by Riku
Aw yeah, so I've heard :tongue: not sure whether it's nosey and/or a bad idea to go have a look at it…

You've been playing Scrabble without me?! :leer:

How are you, personally? What have you been up to this summer? :smile:

Don't know, I hate things like that so it upset me a little bit but I can't imagine it would anyone else :colondollar:

Yep, sorry! You should join us next time and try and beat samba :eek:

I've been up and down a lot which isn't great, been away with family and friends a couple of times this summer which is good though! Also decided to take a gap year this year before uni, but can't work out what to do with it... What have you been up to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arsenalforlifee
Thanks :smile: I guess you're right, I usually know myself very well and have a strong personality but my family constantly puts me down so often it's hard to not take some of what they say seriously sometimes.

It's been this way since I was a kid TBH... this isn't the worst they've been by any extent :s-smilie: Am saving up from any sources possible/trying to ensure a steady income and moving out ASAP.

I'm at home the whole time unfortunately (had to leave uni due to severe depression which my family doesn't know about, but being around the emotionally abusive environment is making it even worse.)

That sounds really rough :frown: I'm so sorry :frown:

I don't know what else to advise but rest assured we're hear to lend a friendly ear if/when you need to rant :console:
I've been flicking through this thread, you're so condescending. Just because you're vegan doesn't mean you can talk like that to people. This is why the majority of vegans have a bad rap.

Anyway, i've been surprisingly up beat and had no symptoms of my anxiety/bpd lately which is a refreshing change. How is everyone else?
Hey guys keep on topic, yeah?
Was sucessful with thinking about positive things today and turned out at the end, that my mood has risen. (Three hours of sport!)
Original post by Nathanielle
Was sucessful with thinking about positive things today and turned out at the end, that my mood has risen. (Three hours of sport!)

:eek: Three hours is a lot! Well done :king1:

Original post by Valvopus
Okay heading home. Just need to get in, get meds, get cake and not be told I'm a terrible daughter. And work out how to explain why I didn't go to work today.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: :console: :hugs:
Original post by Nathanielle

Sport is such a good mood riser!
That sounds really rough :frown: I'm so sorry :frown:

I don't know what else to advise but rest assured we're hear to lend a friendly ear if/when you need to rant :console:

:hugs: :console: :hugs:

Thanks was fine. Mother going with pretending everything is fine and complaining about my brother so besides some comments on my appearance it's all good. Just need to ice cake without upsetting her and it'll be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks was fine. Mother going with pretending everything is fine and complaining about my brother so besides some comments on my appearance it's all good. Just need to ice cake without upsetting her and it'll be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

Our mums should meet up and exchange tips on parenting :tongue: I'll need to reply to your pm at some point, keep forgetting :/

---

At work and cramps are bad :frown: finish in an hour though :smile:

---

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Glad things are manageable at least :hugs:

You're gonna save the icing bowl for me to lick, yes yes? :hmmm:

:ninja:

:getmecoat:
Original post by james1211
He said 20mg of citalopram wasn't high enough to give me any withdrawal effects so said to stop them cold turkey :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well he would know better than me. I was advised 40, 20, 10 at monthly stages. I had weird side effects going on them but not off. I cold turkeyed after a week back at 20 as I refused to do another 7 weeks without the ability to think. I got away with it and so did my brother. I hope it's just a temporary thing for you and resolves fast.
im not doing all that well with some stuff, can one of you guys PM me, becuase i ont want to talk about it here (not against rules or anything, im just not compitable with talking about it publicy)

its about anxiety and panic attacks.
(edited 9 years ago)
Walked into town and there were drunk freshers everywhere already- they're going to have a good night! :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
today has been ****ing shocking. I feel like im being torn apart by my emotions. horrendous :frown: :frown: :frown:
Original post by guitaristemily
im not doing all that well with some stuff, can one of you guys PM me, becuase i ont want to talk about it here (not against rules or anything, im just not compitable with talking about it publicy)

Hey,

Sorry you're not feeling OK. Can you give us all a vague hint about the content of what you wanna talk about, so we can work out whether it would trigger us, and whether we as individuals would be the best person to PM you? Like even just saying "it's about severe depression/anxiety/OCD/SA/SH" etc would be helpful :smile:

:hugs:
Hey,

Sorry you're not feeling OK. Can you give us all a vague hint about the content of what you wanna talk about, so we can work out whether it would trigger us, and whether we as individuals would be the best person to PM you? Like even just saying "it's about severe depression/anxiety/OCD/SA/SH" etc would be helpful :smile:

:hugs:

its about anxiety and panic attacks. ill add it into my last comment.

Latest