The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by swarly
he's trying too hard again. he needs to simplify his game again.

that's a good point.
on FF i want to get rid of him, but he always seems to do something every match like get an assist without even playing well.

but it isn't fantasy football for wenger; if i were him i'd sit ramsey and ozil out for the next game and give a chance to a few different players like cazorla and AOC
Reply 8701
Ramsey's game wasn't terrible like you guys are making it out to be. City were doing their best to keep him down
I'm still feeling hard done by. Draw is an improvement from last season yes, but we could have won that. Sloppy defending.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
I'm still feeling hard done by. Draw is an improvement from last season yes, but we could have won that. Sloppy defending.

Man City could have also won that in the dying minutes tbf. It was 1-1 last season at the Emirates, result wise, it's not really an improvement, but the performance on the other hand was a big plus (apart from the defence).
Original post by AR_95
Ramsey's game wasn't terrible like you guys are making it out to be. City were doing their best to keep him down

Jacks the golden boy and Ramsey deserves the bench, sound familiar? would be funny if this is a weekly cycle, would confuse the **** out of our fans.
Reply 8705
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
Jacks the golden boy and Ramsey deserves the bench, sound familiar? would be funny if this is a weekly cycle, would confuse the **** out of our fans.

It's already been said today lmao Arkasia's already said Ramsey needs to be benched
Typical Arsenal. And fortunate at the end as City could have won it.

I'll start with the main man. Ozil. One of the biggest flops ever to play for Arsenal. Up there with Fellaini as the worst signings of last Summer. 42M and he's not even in games let alone controlling them. Not in the same league as Mata, Di Maria or Hazard. Great players can just float from one team to another and play well, he's been poor.

Ramsey is overrated tbh, people talk about him like he's world class. Not for me. He could be but he hasn't proved it yet. The star today was Wiltshire.

Welbeck? Well that's why you sell him. He had two of three good chances. His lob over the keeper, if that is Henry or Bergkamp it's guaranteed.

Need to start doing better against the big teams to be honest, particularly at home. I mean after last season the only option is challenging for the title, it has to be. Otherwise it's a step backward. Have to beat Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester United at home.

To be honest has Wenger taken them as far as he can?
Fabregas - 6 assists in 4 games and Ramsey + Ozil were suppose to take Arsenal to the next level :smile:
gone to a town fair.. gone shopping.. come back, now time to reflect on the game:

- It should be so clear to wenger after that (as it is to everyone) that ozil cannot perform on the wing in this set up.

Ox/Campbell are the two who I would really like to see occupy that space, and podolski as a sub, or for rotation..

for me it should be:

Sanchez - 2 of ramsey, wilshire, cazorla, ozil - ox/campbell

If we are going to say with the 4-1-4-1 formation..

Would love to see OX given a start there next game.

- Not going to comment on welbeck, we all knew his finishing can be suspect.. this is no surprise, but he is brought under the idea that he will improve given a good run of games upfront.. so I will withold judgement until a few games have past.

In other news.. chelsea man.. they need a loss soon, otherwise they will keep growing in confidence..

Their next game at the ethiad will be very interesting..
Original post by Eboracum

I'll start with the main man. Ozil. One of the biggest flops ever to play for Arsenal. Up there with Fellaini as the worst signings of last Summer. 42M and he's not even in games let alone controlling them. Not in the same league as Mata, Di Maria or Hazard. Great players can just float from one team to another and play well, he's been poor.

Ramsey is overrated tbh, people talk about him like he's world class. Not for me. He could be but he hasn't proved it yet. The star today was Wiltshire.

Welbeck? Well that's why you sell him. He had two of three good chances. His lob over the keeper, if that is Henry or Bergkamp it's guaranteed.

Need to start doing better against the big teams to be honest, particularly at home. I mean after last season the only option is challenging for the title, it has to be. Otherwise it's a step backward. Have to beat Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester United at home.

Wenger needs to play players in the right ****ing positions, then we can criticise Ozil. He was awful today, no questions but to say he's the worst flop of all time is utterly moronic tbh. If we played Vieira/Bergkamp on the LW during the invincibles time they'd have been completely ineffective as Ozil has become (though they would still be better defensively).

Bergkamp wasn't that clinical a striker tbh he was just technically incredible so that's an unfair comparison. Comparing him to Henry is just a joke cause he's the best striker the PL has ever had. Ramsey isn't overrated but he's had a few less influential games lately. We still need the signings to click.

In short, stop making unfair comparisons and outlandish statements.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy

No it isn't, we drew at home last season too... (1-1)
Wow lol Chelsea's win makes me sad about our draw.
Original post by Pete_91
No it isn't, we drew at home last season too... (1-1)

Oh shizzle yeah.
Someone needs to ask what the **** Wenger is playing at ruining Ozil's career by playing him on the LW. I so hope he's biding his time until Walcott is back.
its really unfair that chelsea is gonna win the league this year lol. I despise their club. People are saying Wenger probably regrets not buying back Cesc lol no. Hes an amazing player but the way he left in the first place was out or order. However apparently Cesc and Wenger are still really close so idk..was it really only to accomadate Mesut
hmm.. I would not describe ozil as a flop last season..

He had an average first season in the english game, although under par for his price (though not 'flop' level)

that aside, he was part of the team which won arsenals first major trophy in many years.. and part of our first decent title challenge in a while..

So with those in mind, he can be forgiven for some bad performances..

But not this season, no more first season excuses, he has to be up to scratch now, or be dropped
Original post by deborarosa
its really unfair that chelsea is gonna win the league this year lol. I despise their club. People are saying Wenger probably regrets not buying back Cesc lol no. Hes an amazing player but the way he left in the first place was out or order. However apparently Cesc and Wenger are still really close so idk..was it really only to accomadate Mesut

to be fair, if I could choose a chelsea signing to have at arsenal, it would be costa not cesc..

He was the player we desperatly needed..
Original post by samir12
Man City could have also won that in the dying minutes tbf. It was 1-1 last season at the Emirates, result wise, it's not really an improvement, but the performance on the other hand was a big plus (apart from the defence).

When I said improvement I meant performance wise, bar the first few minutes of the 2nd half and the end. Days before this match I had a gut feeling we were gonna win 2-1 and when the scoreline was momentarily like that it was such joy so to concede a goal in the last few minutes was just indescribable pain honestly.

Original post by Eboracum

How can you even compare the Fellaini signing with Ozil's?? Wenger has been playing Ozil out of position and we can't judge him for that. Calling him a flop is quite premature.

Ozil isn't exactly the main man right now is he? We bought Alexis to add to our attacking power and he's clearly doing that. I'm sick and tired of people jumping on the let's all slate ozil bandwagon. Yes he disappears at times but what can you do when you're being played out of your best position, the one that people know you for.

One under par game from Ramsey and suddenly he's taking a bullet. City had plans and one of them was to keep Ramsey quiet because they know he's a major threat.

Original post by deborarosa

Bruh the pain is real.
Reply 8718
Original post by fallen_acorns
to be fair, if I could choose a chelsea signing to have at arsenal, it would be costa not cesc..

He was the player we desperatly needed..

im pretty you need another creative midfielder like cesc.
Original post by swarly
im pretty you need another creative midfielder like cesc.

it would imrpove the team yes, and I would take cesc in a heartbeat over ozil or cazorla,

But its not needed in the same way as a striker..

Looking at the two positions:

Striker - giroud + sanogo
AM - Wilshire + ozil + cazorla

Adding one of either costa or cesc into those positions, costa would have the far greater impact on the team as a whole...

(though I would have loved wenger to bring back cesc)

Latest