The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by manchesterunited15
Then again Lallana should be off too

(my stream is too **** to know if it was actually a dive)

I think he thought about diving and half went over but remembered he was on a yellow so got up straightaway.

A second booking there would've been extremely harsh.
is it as dire as it sounds on text-comentary?

Seems like you guys are missing stirling?
great for villa though if they can get some points here..

I remember people tipping them for relegation, and now as it stands they would be on 10pts already..

(though I dont expect them to hold it)
The football we're playing is ****. No intensity, just content to pass it around at snails pace. Taking the piss.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1984
Original post by manchesterunited15
Just realised Clevz is playing

Completely invisible isn't he.
Best yet by Lallana but I have zero confidence of keeping them at 1 goal.
Sterling on at half-time. Villa haven't even been great, shocking performance so far. Pathetic.
Original post by fallen_acorns
is it as dire as it sounds on text-comentary?

Seems like you guys are missing stirling?

big big chance for moreno there :/
hoped we'd do a chelsea, score at 45 and go on to win the game.

it's painfully obvious how much we're missing sterling.
villa have it down tactically though - they're way too physical for us so they're winning almost all aerial battles.
plus they're going in hard on balotelli to try to injure or anger him.

i think deshi summed it up perfectly though; villa haven't even been that good, it's just that we have been bloody awful.

only half way though, let's see what brendan can do.
We play ****e every time we don't play the diamond. Would bring on Lambert/Sterling.
Original post by Lúcio
big big chance for moreno there :/
hoped we'd do a chelsea, score at 45 and go on to win the game.

it's painfully obvious how much we're missing sterling.
villa have it down tactically though - they're way too physical for us so they're winning almost all aerial battles.
plus they're going in hard on balotelli to try to injure or anger him.

only half way though, let's see what brendan can do.

if you dont go on to win this, could this be considered the first casulty of having a CL campaign as well as a league?

Surely last year if you did not have a mid-week game, stirling would not need to be rested?
Villa have only been threatening at set pieces, they are happy to just defend and get something from set pieces. Meanwhile Liverpool are just passing sideways....

Moreno should have taken the shot himself considering he scored a cracker against Spurs....
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by samir12
Villa have only been threatening at set pieces, they are happy to just defend and get something from set pieces. Meanwhile Liverpool are just passing sideways....

Moreno should have taken the shot himself considering he scored a cracker against Spurs....

Should have just passed to Markovic sooner, he'd have buried it.
if you dont go on to win this, could this be considered the first casulty of having a CL campaign as well as a league?

Surely last year if you did not have a mid-week game, stirling would not need to be rested?

Sterling would not have improved our set piece defending, plus Liverpool don't play well in this 4-3-3 formation even with Sterling, we look better in the diamond.

Saying that, Sterling would of injected some energy and pace into our game, the players out there look happy to just pass pass and pass....
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Deshi
The football we're playing is ****. No intensity, just content to pass it around at snails pace. Taking the piss.

Such a **** first half. I hope the players speed things up in the 2nd half, the amount of touches they took in the 1st half was ridiculous and no one was making any runs at all either. Rodgers needs to light a fire under their arses and make them get their fingers out.
Reply 1994
Bit of a silly idea to start Markovic, Lallana and Balotelli, who between them have two starts for the club before this game.

Our defending is ****e. Every time a cross comes in I am having kittens.

I wouldn't say so really.

We just haven't properly got going as a team - 6 new players all playing at once isn't going I have an instant chemistry.
Although that still doesn't excuse such a poor display.

Regarding Moreno, he should've either passed sooner or hit it as hard as he could at goal.
Unfortunately he made the wrong choice which is a real shame, although it's nice to see him getting forward well.
Agree with most comments here, we have been ****.

No idea what's going on. We don't look like a threat at all going forward, it's just short passes.

Nothing in the final third, either.
This formation is awful, one striker? Really?
Reply 1998
Original post by The.Joker
Such a **** first half. I hope the players speed things up in the 2nd half, the amount of touches they took in the 1st half was ridiculous and no one was making any runs at all either. Rodgers needs to light a fire under their arses and make them get their fingers out.

Who do you even have that can speed play up? It was all about suarez/sterling/sturridge, 2 of whom are unavailable, one permanently.
One positive thing from the game is that Ballotelli has kept his cool when Senderos kicked at him, he just got on with it.

Quick Reply

Latest