The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Just being io lambert and sterling to play with a diamond.

We need more of a physical presence both in an attacking and a defensive way.

Markovic has been involved but ultimately hasn't created enough which is a shame
Don't really need to say anything about Sakho...
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
This formation is awful, one striker? Really?

Most teams play one striker?
Original post by manchesterunited15

Villa's defence are very physical though; it would've made sense to play Balotelli and lambert imo
Original post by fallen_acorns
if you dont go on to win this, could this be considered the first casulty of having a CL campaign as well as a league?

Surely last year if you did not have a mid-week game, stirling would not need to be rested?

Yeah undoubtedly, Brenton has never had to rotate his squad before so it's not going to be perfect straight away. Liverpool's front three have never played together before and their best player is out, so it's a strange time to do it.

Those teams are built around having one striker, Liverpool isn't, which is why when we don't play 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 diamond we're ****.
Watch how you guys come back and win 3-1 to ruin my weekend :unimpressed:
Original post by sr90
Yeah undoubtedly, Brenton has never had to rotate his squad before so it's not going to be perfect straight away. Liverpool's front three have never played together before and their best player is out, so it's a strange time to do it.

And they're playing some team I've never heard of before so there's no need really
And they're playing some team I've never heard of before so there's no need really

I have no idea what country they're from or even how to spell their name. You can hardly blame him for prioritizing the Champions League though, games like that can be a huge banana skin.
has anything even changed at all?

please brendan, please make some subs.
So many pointless ****ing passes. I detest this football.
Rodgers needs to ****ing make a change now.
Hutton trying his best to injure Sterling there.
Watch I can just see u lots nicking it. Ffs.
So 6 points behind Chelsea after 4 games. :rolleyes:

Plus only 1 point ahead of Man Utd who everyone has been slagging off all year so far... :rolleyes:
Original post by sr90
Hutton trying his best to injure Sterling there.

villa have been very dirty tbf.

we have sterling on which is good, but please replace markovic with lambert and switch to a diamond.

Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Watch I can just see u lots nicking it. Ffs.

i don't see it.
we don't deserve a thing from this game.
We look **** even with Sterling.
Original post by samir12
We look **** even with Sterling.

Said it before and i'll say it again, this Liverpool team does not worry me in the slightest.

You'll definitely score though. Can see Lambert coming off the bench and saving the day.
You're playing Borini

mirin squad depth
You're playing Borini

mirin squad depth

Don't man. Imagine he scores :colonhash:
i don't think i've seen a poorer liverpool display in the last several years at least.

Quick Reply

Latest