The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Endless Blue
We're on the same points and GD as you :fyi:

And you're happy about that? You could have gone ahead but nah. Same could be said for us but it happens. Even Stevens it is.
what a **** performance, the players should be ashamed with that display. They all seemed pedestrian and passive throughout the game, no one seemed to try and take the game by the scruff of its neck and influence it. Even when we were one nil down there didn't seem to be any urgency in our play at all. I'm so ****ing pissed off. Absolutely disgraceful.

I can't see any positives from that game at all, I can't even say the players tried their best either...
Original post by yaboy Kanye
Welcome to life without Luis Suarez, I guess.

Not a ****ing chance we'd have failed to break through this wall with him in the team.

Sturridge was a miss today tbh.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
And you're happy about that? You could have gone ahead but nah. Same could be said for us but it happens. Even Stevens it is.

Of course not.

But Arsenal and especially Utd fans aren't really in a position to WUM.

I'm talking both Suarez and Sturridge, not Suarez individually, so your post changes nothing. Not to mention we lost to AV when we had Suarez in our team so not much of a difference.
(edited 9 years ago)
^ mu15 don't forget him saying Liverpool would thrash us in the Villa thread.

Thanks for the three points lads.
Original post by sr90
What happened to ''we're not going to miss Suarez?''.

All that's changed is that you're now far too reliant on Sturridge instead.

first of all, i don't remember a single liverpool fan saying that on here.
secondly Suarez couldn't have played this match regardless due to his ban.

thirdly, we aren't overly reliant on sturridge - he hasn't even been that good so far this season.
we simply had a dire, dire game.
one of those days where bnot a single player plays well and you pay the price.

last week we were talking about getting 18/18 points from our 6 kind fixtures coming up.
i suppose 15/18 wouldn't be too bad.
but 5 more performances like that would leave us in the relegation zone.
ffs deleted the post just as SI quoted me lel
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2068
Original post by Wilfred Little
^ mu15 don't forget him saying Liverpool would thrash us in the Villa thread.

Thanks for the three points lads.

Congrats Wilfred Little my man, your team did excellent today :cheers: Disappointed you didn't get more goals against such a poor side?
Of course not.

Agree with the last bit. We're level on points with the same goal difference. Arsenal have Villa away after Dortmund so it won't be an easy game. Suspect we might have another Euro hangover like after the high intensity game against Besiktas. We didn't look up for it against Everton and Leicester
Nobody said that. Ever.

Absolutely everyone said that Liverpool had a stronger squad without him.
Original post by manchesterunited15
ffs deleted the post just before SI quoted me

People say it's best to think before you speak.

Lel.
(edited 9 years ago)
75% possession.
749 passes.
18 attempts.
1 shot on target.
0 goals.

the efficiency is amazing.
Of course not.

Utd fans more so. My post was fairly reasonable to be fair and was hardly a wum. Too much emphasis is being held on the 'lol' part of it.
Original post by sr90

Lol.
Original post by So Instinct
People say it's best to think before you speak.

'lel'.

The gist of the comment was that you won't miss Suarez. But he was including Sturridge as part of the reasoning for that so it doesn't apply to this game, but it does to others.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Utd fans more so. My post was fairly reasonable to be fair and was hardly a wum. Too much emphasis is being held on the 'lol' part of it.

Saw nothing that bad about your post tbh.
Did Hendo play? Bet he ran his socks off init? Proper grit. Wore his heart on his sleeves. Lad.
Original post by sevchenko
Agree with the last bit. We're level on points with the same goal difference. Arsenal have Villa away after Dortmund so it won't be an easy game. Suspect we might have another Euro hangover like after the high intensity game against Besiktas. We didn't look up for it against Everton and Leicester

Not sure if it was Welbeck but today you looked a lot more dangerous. Still the same defensive problems - Demichelis's goal was atrocious from a defensive viewpoint - mind you.

Fortunately we do have an easy run of games coming up so hopefully we can get a run of form going. BTW, is there an update on Debuchy injury?

Original post by sr90

Quote me on it.

We do have a stronger squad this season. I think everyone knew that our best player would be a big miss for us but so far our new midfield/attacking signings haven't been brilliant.
Original post by manchesterunited15
The gist of the comment was that you won't miss Suarez. But he was including Sturridge as part of the reasoning for that so it doesn't apply to this game, but it does to others.

I know, that's why I said nobody said we wouldn't miss both. :yy:

Quick Reply

Latest