The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gob Bluth
Can you pull up those quotes? Don't believe for a minute anyone said that. Stronger squad means more depth for cl which was important seeing as liverpo had no depth last season.

Top 4 is definite priority. If Liverpool can get that this season they're set for the next few seasons tbh. I don't think there will be a great challenge from United and Spurs so 73 points is the minimum that should be aimed for.

Performance was awful today. Don't believe for a minute that will be replicated often this season but it's a cause for concern. Lallana will prove to be a great signing, markovic is going to take some time to get going. It's vital Sturridge and sterling remains fit until Christmas when he returns. Until a lot of the new signings get bedded in those 2 are crucial, otherwise it's getting a load of new signings to gel together too quickly.

Going to be an interesting season. Pretty unpredictable so far.

Posted from TSR Mobile

To pull up these quotes you're asking me to go back through 1/2 graveyard threads and search through 500 pages each. Regarding squad depth I agree yes but I don't see the relevance? I'm pretty sure there were a few saying Suarez wouldn't be missed mainly because of the increased squad depth and how at times he wasn't the "main man" leading to their tital run. Anyways it's your word for mine. I'm not saying they lost today because they sold Suarez I'm just calling out the fact that there were people who said "Suarez won't be missed"

Original post by Lúcio
to make a difference he would've had to be having a blinder all whilst his 10 teammates were playing that bad = unlikely.

i got no problem with lovren - he isn't perfect but he's our best defender imo.
moreno again isn't perfect and prone to a few errors, but he's very new to this league and he's good going forward. i'm confident he'll get much better.

sakho is just garbage. he will obviously improve, but i don't even want rodgers giving him game time at all.
our games are so important ths season that we can't afford to play a bumbling idiot in defence, even if that idiot could turn in to a beast with time.
villa's goal was all down to sakho's inability to put a ball out for a throw in or at least pass it back to mignolet.
villa would've probably still won since they wouldn't have sat back for 80 minutes, but the fact is that sakho was the one responsible for the incident leading up to the goal that made us lose at home today.

Original post by samir12
Suarez played against Villa last season and we drew 2-2, so yh we lost one point :P

As said above I wasn't trying to imply anything wrt todays game.
Original post by cBay
x

Googled to find a 'Suarez won't be missed' quote but just found a gem from you instead.

See sig :cool:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by So Instinct
We going back to the 'Facts' thing? lol.

Haha, I laughed a bit too hard at that gif.
Even before the whole 'facts' thing but it was ages ago but we buddies now :h:

So how are you feeling about the Ludogorets game?
Yeah I was thinking exactly the same I actually posted saying wouldn't be great before the game, I was just hoping to grind something out like when we played 4-2-3-1 at the start of least season.

You've more or less summed it all up though, I've got nothing to add. What I will say though is that in the long run we will need to play something other than the diamond if we want to prosper against better teams with smarter managers. They will work it out and if we can't change it to something else effective we will get clocked sooner or later. But for now he should stick with the diamond and worry about that later, establish yourself as top 4 before trying to spar the with big dogs, i.e. I think he's trying to run before he's learned to... Jog.

Yeah we can cross that bridge when we come to it tbh. And when our players have settled in and our defence is showing more quality than it currently is.
Original post by Fizzel
I think people were arguing that SaS was a bit of a fudge and that without Suarez the team would run more smoothly as a unit. A loss of absolute quality but a gain in cohesion.

Anyone arguing that our attacking players would be stronger together as a result of mere increased cohesion was naive.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Haha, I laughed a bit too hard at that gif.
Even before the whole 'facts' thing but it was ages ago but we buddies now :h:

So how are you feeling about the Ludogorets game?

Hah, alright :tongue:

Err, excited that CL is back but a bit annoyed we have injuries so probably wont see that exciting of a performance. Looking forward to Dortmund? lol.
Southampton are above liverpool in the league hahahahaha
He wasn't directly at fault for any of our shortcomings today. His performance was fine for a team of our caliber.

Didn't say he was. He just never has as much control as I wish he would have over situations.
Original post by Deshi
Didn't say he was. He just never has as much control as I wish he would have over situations.

Fair enough.
Original post by Wiggledinho
Southampton are above liverpool in the league hahahahaha

They are also above City, Arsenal, United, Spurs and Everton. What's your point?
Original post by samir12
They are also above City, Arsenal, United, Spurs and Everton. What's your point?

Lol you're nibbling.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't want to sound overly clichéd and that I'm dismissing a poor performance, but that was only 3 points.
It was an inexcusable display but nonetheless it was an isolated game.

Let's just look ahead to a great Anfield European match on Tuesday (which I will miss because of work) and our game against west ham on Saturday (which I will miss the because of work).
btw for all the Suarez talk, the **** would still be banned if he was still at the club, AND we'd not have had as many new signings. So we'd have had to have played Rickie up front (probs would have done a better job than Mario anyway) and we probably wouldn't have had Markovic in our team.
What an awful awful game. Looks like a second place finish again is just a pipedream... :frown:
Original post by Bromaldehyde
What an awful awful game. Looks like a second place finish again is just a pipedream... :frown:

I said if we won yesterday we'd have room for a "slip-up".
Now there is no room for error.

But that does not mean in the slightest that we're out of it.
We simply missed the opportunity to go ahead and we now lie roughly equal with our rivals, assuming united win today.
Every team has these games and Chelsea will too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Every team has these games and Chelsea will too

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know that they will mess up at some point but wow, right now Chelsea look unbelievable. Diego Costa is just too good...
7 In 4 is basically 66 In 38

Obviously ridiculous but without injury I can see him getting 30-34

Posted from TSR Mobile
People blaming formations but it's more to do with the players - we were missing Sturridge and Sterling.

Rodgers a bit naive in thinking so many new players would adjust so quickly. There was no need to rest Sterling imo. Villa were always going to be tough if they scored the first goal.

We saw time and time last season that so long as we scored the first goal, we could demolish teams by counter/holding the ball or using the space. Whenever we goal behind, we struggle to break down compact teams.
Original post by AR_95
7 In 4 is basically 66 In 38

Obviously ridiculous but without injury I can see him getting 30-34

Posted from TSR Mobile

Without serious injury/suspension I have no doubt he will break the goal record.
He is exactly what Chelsea need - exactly what they were missing last year and we're seeing the devastating product of it now.

Quick Reply