The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CD315
BAML. Surprised they didn't want a cover letter or CV though, was kind of expecting them to ask for one when I clicked submit haha.

Nice. I thought you said you applied for Blackrock?
Original post by CD315
BAML. Surprised they didn't want a cover letter or CV though, was kind of expecting them to ask for one when I clicked submit haha.

What did you put for the whole AS and A level points part?
Reply 762
Original post by Sun_Bear
What info did they want?

Just asked 3 questions, each 150 words long with the last one only 100. Kind of cover letter stuff but nowhere near long enough to get decent detail in!

Original post by Hazard17
Nice. I thought you said you applied for Blackrock?

Haven't sent it off yet.

Original post by MathsNerd1
What did you put for the whole AS and A level points part?

4 x A* = 560?
Original post by CD315

4 x A* = 560?

I meant more the AS level points, my points would be in the bottom category and I just didn't think that would be right, plus I don't want to be filtered out if I submit it like that.
Does Rothschild do testing?
Reply 765
Original post by President M.E.
Does Rothschild do testing?

Nope
Original post by CD315
Nope

what tests to baml do?
Reply 767
Original post by welcometoib
what tests to baml do?

Numerical
Original post by CD315
Numerical

kenexa?
When does everyone plan on sending off their applications?

I've just finished my CV and yet to type a neat cover letter, I aim for about early Oct ?
Original post by Kuchkuchhotahai
When does everyone plan on sending off their applications?

I've just finished my CV and yet to type a neat cover letter, I aim for about early Oct ?

There's really no sweet spot for when to apply. Apply when you know your CV, CL and testing skills aren't going to get any better

Posted from TSR Mobile
kenexa?

Yep
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
There's really no sweet spot for when to apply. Apply when you know your CV, CL and testing skills aren't going to get any better

Posted from TSR Mobile

how important would you say cl is?/ how much time do you spend in total per cl, including research time and then writing it up? Feel like its a weakness on my side.
Guys, I don't know if im blind or what, on Barclays site it says all spring programmes open 1st nov? Lat year they were giving out interviews in middle of sep on the thread! And im pretty sure they actively encourage early apps, can someone please clarify if 1st nov is correct? cheers
(edited 9 years ago)
Guys, I don't know if im blind or what, on Barclays site it says all spring programmes open 1st nov? Lat year they were giving out interviews in middle of sep on the thread! And im pretty sure they actively encourage early apps, can someone please clarify if 1st nov is correct? cheers

Yeah it's like they don't particularly care about their spring week anymore...

I had a friend who applied late January to Barclays last year and got a SW offer. Maybe they're just shifting their timetable to deal with summer/grad applications first?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
I had a friend who applied late January to Barclays last year and got a SW offer. Maybe they're just shifting their timetable to deal with summer/grad applications first?

Posted from TSR Mobile

To reiterate, I don't know what's going on, but banks are recruiting a lot later at all levels this cycle. Summer recruitment has barely even started yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

im not sure about that, every one of my friends who had a Barclays sw converted it to a summer, and on their site the hr recruiter says that everyone on the sw is auto considered for a summer, they really emphasise the "pipeline" method as it were.

And hey will, idk, on the summer thread people have baml acs already etc
im not sure about that, every one of my friends who had a Barclays sw converted it to a summer, and on their site the hr recruiter says that everyone on the sw is auto considered for a summer, they really emphasise the "pipeline" method as it were.

And hey will, idk, on the summer thread people have baml acs already etc

It's literally only BAML, Greenhill, RBS and Lazard and that's it. People have pretty much heard nothing from the majority of banks and some have only opened a week ago.
Hey I'm trying to buy some practice packs for SHL Numerical tests but I'm not sure of which pack to get, or do I need all of them ?

Here's the link, if anyone else wants to: http://www.jobtestprep.co.uk/shl-numerical-test

There's the Senior MGMT, the Graduate MGMT and the Operational Technical

Latest