The Student Room Group

Psychology a2 - essay writing advice anyone? :)

Hey, i'm doing the topic of aggression
I wanted to ask how I would plan this essay, it doesn't have the word evaluate in it, but from the questions I've seen online they all include 'evaluate' after the word 'outline'

Outline one or more social psychological theories of aggression

So, I know that i'd talk about social learning theory and deindividuation
but then would I talk about cue arousal + relative deprivation??

and then as criticisms of the social psychological explanations, do I briefly outline the idea of how there's biological and evolutionary approach

also, where does institutional aggression in all of this?

I did a plan in school, the teacher checked it, I put all this down, she said it's fine, but do you really put all of it in??
Reply 1
Original post by JustBeing
H??

Yeah your bang on about evaluate. Since its only 'Outline....' it means you only write A01 aka just explain it. I personally would only talk about 2 theories for the 'One or more' questions since you'll have lots to revise and you want to focus on quality than quantity :smile:

Crticisms would only be needed if the question said 'Evaluate' aka A02 aka the more tedious part of the psychology essay! I would never put any A01 in the A02 personally, since its unlikely to receive credit. Go straight in with your evaluation aka starting a new paragraph and writing 'One advantage/disadv....'

Institutional aggr is its own separate essay, so never mention it in psychology theory!! Its an application of aggression rather than theory

I got an A* in psychology and typed up my essays, so i still have them on my computer. If you want to see an exampler of what i wrote for psychology theories of aggression, i can post it here if you want (Obviously some A02 will be different, but its more important to understand the evaluative language you need to use for A02)
Reply 2
Original post by Jkizer
Yeah your bang on about evaluate. Since its only 'Outline....' it means you only write A01 aka just explain it. I personally would only talk about 2 theories for the 'One or more' questions since you'll have lots to revise and you want to focus on quality than quantity :smile:

Crticisms would only be needed if the question said 'Evaluate' aka A02 aka the more tedious part of the psychology essay! I would never put any A01 in the A02 personally, since its unlikely to receive credit. Go straight in with your evaluation aka starting a new paragraph and writing 'One advantage/disadv....'

Institutional aggr is its own separate essay, so never mention it in psychology theory!! Its an application of aggression rather than theory

I got an A* in psychology and typed up my essays, so i still have them on my computer. If you want to see an exampler of what i wrote for psychology theories of aggression, i can post it here if you want (Obviously some A02 will be different, but its more important to understand the evaluative language you need to use for A02)

Thanks! That helped loads, especially the institutional aggression part, I was confused about whether or not to include it
and yeah that'd be reallyyy helpful!
I don't know my way around this site much, once you've put the essays up, where would I view them from? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by JustBeing
Thanks! That helped loads, especially the institutional aggression part, I was confused about whether or not to include it
and yeah that'd be reallyyy helpful!
I don't know my way around this site much, once you've put the essays up, where would I view them from? :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2834023&page=3&p=50417191#post50417191

Just scroll down and eventually you'll find the post!

I wrote all the main essays for the topics.

Quick Reply

Latest