The Student Room Group

Should I get a remark?

I got an A in AQA iGCSE Chemistry. I'm 3 UMS off an A* and it's really bugging me. The deadline is Thursday. What shall I do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Sorry.. Wrong post. Hahaa
Original post by Jelly150
Sorry.. Wrong post. Hahaa

Huh?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3

Replied to wrong thread. Sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone actually help me, please?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Edminzodo

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you're that close to the next grade, go for it dude :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Do you have to pay for your remark? I am in a similar situation with a few of my subjects.
Reply 7
I remember I was in the EXACT same position as you (3 ums off). Got a remark and it went up by 6ums so I got the A*. Deffo go for it. Worse comes to worse you'll still have your A seeing as it is a high A :smile:
Reply 8

Posted from TSR Mobile

The first thing to consider is whether you genuinely felt like the exam went better than the grade you got. With chemistry, there's not that much point in going to a remark because it's generally quite clear-cut and an increase of 3 marks would be unlikely.

Thus I'd remark it if you genuinely felt that your performance merited a higher grade, however, I wouldn't if you're just remarking for the sake of it.
Original post by smile:D
The first thing to consider is whether you genuinely felt like the exam went better than the grade you got. With chemistry, there's not that much point in going to a remark because it's generally quite clear-cut and an increase of 3 marks would be unlikely.

Thus I'd remark it if you genuinely felt that your performance merited a higher grade, however, I wouldn't if you're just remarking for the sake of it.

I'm not a very good judge of exams. I always think I did worse than I end up doing. Paper 2 is about experiments etc and I think I did better on that one. I'm just really not sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Crystal4
I remember I was in the EXACT same position as you (3 ums off). Got a remark and it went up by 6ums so I got the A*. Deffo go for it. Worse comes to worse you'll still have your A seeing as it is a high A :smile:

Was it this year? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was it this year? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was 2 years ago but it was aqa igcse chemistry. I don't neccessarily agree with the post which says chemistry rarely goes up. My friends a level paper went up by 15ums last year which just goes to show that some examiners really aren't fit for marking. I'd advise you to go for it. You really haven't got much to lose. Plus an A* at gcse chem makes all the difference!
I'm not a very good judge of exams. I always think I did worse than I end up doing. Paper 2 is about experiments etc and I think I did better on that one. I'm just really not sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm the same :tongue:. If it's going to bug you then I'd just do it.
Original post by smile:D
I'm the same :tongue:. If it's going to bug you then I'd just do it.

I think I will. Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest