The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Hope people have been ok this weekend :smile:.
Feeling a bit lonely now so I am trying to occupy myself. Currently cleaning the oven lol.

Original post by Odd socks
Indescribably happy. This girl gives me butterfly's and she's perfect

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wooooo :smile:
Original post by ParadoxSocks
I have a white board and I'm adding things to my diary now. Just need to calm down I think. Probably just thinking too hard but now that girlfriend is worried that I'll go downhill because I'm studying again, I've kinda convinced myself of the same.

yeah whiteboards can be REALLY helpful!
just breath, work out what you have to do, write it all down, and tick it off when youv done it.

try not to think like that.
i did that, i got ill around deadline time with my paranoia, and i was convinced it would happen again, but it didnt really, and i was fine! so i think you CAN do this :smile:
Original post by lauraaaaa
indeed, loads of people have already gone to uni and i still have to wait :frown:

Yeah but all my friends are going to uni and I'm not :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
yeah whiteboards can be REALLY helpful!
just breath, work out what you have to do, write it all down, and tick it off when youv done it.

try not to think like that.
i did that, i got ill around deadline time with my paranoia, and i was convinced it would happen again, but it didnt really, and i was fine! so i think you CAN do this :smile:

I know I can. I do. Just pushing those thoughts out.

And I really am worrying I'm missing something. People are absolutely convinced that there's something I should be doing but I know I've done my course tasks, and my pre-course tasks and my recommended reading, and the optional reading and the pedagogy reading and I've written a couple of pages about each book I've read to make sure I have a record when I come to need the knowledge later in the course.

I think I'm going to go to my tutor in the morning and just check I'm not being an absolute idiot.
Original post by furryface12
Yeah but all my friends are going to uni and I'm not :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

aw :frown: yeah me and my friends are all leaving, and they've already left so im all alone :lol:
too sad right now :frown:
Original post by lauraaaaa
aw :frown: yeah me and my friends are all leaving, and they've already left so im all alone :lol:

At least it's only for a couple of weeks though! I have all year...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
At least it's only for a couple of weeks though! I have all year...

Posted from TSR Mobile

are you having a gap year? surely there are some people staying at home for uni? or you can do things on your gap year to meet new people? idk what to suggest :/
ugh, ive been feeling on edge all day. why, i have no idea, but i dunno if im gonna have an attck or not and its scareing me a little.
Original post by guitaristemily
ugh, ive been feeling on edge all day. why, i have no idea, but i dunno if im gonna have an attck or not and its scareing me a little.

I always feel a bit bleh and wobbly the day after an attack tbf.
Original post by .snowflake.
I always feel a bit bleh and wobbly the day after an attack tbf.

i was ment to try and catch up with some work that ive gotten behind on this weekend. i havent been able too becuase of the amount of panic ive had this weekend.

i have no idea what to do right now, becuase i just cant foucus on it right now, and everytime i try too i just cant get anything out of my brain.

i dont know if i should be feeling like this, and i know your kinda dubbed as the person to go to for all of this, so i thought i would quote you.
i was ment to try and catch up with some work that ive gotten behind on this weekend. i havent been able too becuase of the amount of panic ive had this weekend.

i have no idea what to do right now, becuase i just cant foucus on it right now, and everytime i try too i just cant get anything out of my brain.

i dont know if i should be feeling like this, and i know your kinda dubbed as the person to go to for all of this, so i thought i would quote you.

You feel like you can't shut your brain up long enough to focus on the stuff you need to do? I get like this, and you... sort of have to ride through it, an hour of yoga, a hot shower, do all of those odds and ends that don't need much thinking whilst you're like this, and leave the really thinky stuff to when your brain isn't so noisy. Not always possible, I know.
You feel like you can't shut your brain up long enough to focus on the stuff you need to do? I get like this, and you... sort of have to ride through it, an hour of yoga, a hot shower, do all of those odds and ends that don't need much thinking whilst you're like this, and leave the really thinky stuff to when your brain isn't so noisy. Not always possible, I know.

all of it is really thinky stuff, though. its not as i f i can even think about the work i nee to do right now.

i have no idea what i can do right now. i dont know if i can cope witht the school year.
all of it is really thinky stuff, though. its not as i f i can even think about the work i nee to do right now.

i have no idea what i can do right now. i dont know if i can cope witht the school year.

-hugs- breathe. it WILL get better. I promise.
-hugs- breathe. it WILL get better. I promise.

:hugs: i just hope it will soon. could we move this to PM, though?
:hugs: i just hope it will soon. could we move this to PM, though?

yep, no problemo :smile:
tasha sad :sad:

:cry2:

Thanks lovely. :hugs:
Original post by tasha96
tasha sad :sad:

:cry2:

Awww :frown:
:hugs:
Anything in particular?

Latest