The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The fact you can actually have real control of a defense is such a draw. The whole game just runs a lot cleaner. Love the fact that for the first time in years there will be actually a skills gap.
Original post by Sameer599
Lol I know that the QB is the most important player, the Seahawks won the superbowl last year and they stop every 20 seconds in play. That's about it :colondollar:

I appriciate it is a long response...but please have a look.

I call it "Football 101"
STEVE SMITH (senior)...TAKE A BOW!! Such a beast, and so clutch!

Steelers were never in that game...ever since that fumble, they were never in it.
Torrey Smith :/
The Steelers D line is just bad
Some of those unnecessary roughness calls were BS. Not that the Steelers would have won if they hadn't been called, but it's getting a bit ridiculous if a shoulder on chest tackle is flagged.
Wow, I forgot all about the draft, sorry :frown:

Pretty pleased with my auto-team though.
Original post by ..DT..
Torrey Smith :/

2points in fantasy. A blood bath. Not pretty at all. Steve Smith (sr.) though seems to already be the Ravens #1. You have Deion Sanders already labelling him "the attitude of the offense (just like Marshawn Lynch is the "attitude" of the seahawks offense"; most receptions in two games for the ravens.
Original post by jammy4041
2points in fantasy. A blood bath. Not pretty at all. Steve Smith (sr.) though seems to already be the Ravens #1. You have Deion Sanders already labelling him "the attitude of the offense (just like Marshawn Lynch is the "attitude" of the seahawks offense"; most receptions in two games for the ravens.

Got plenty of depth though. Hence why my backup qb, te, and special teams are waivered. Still got a chance this week.
"Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson was indicted on charges of reckless or negligent injury to a child, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport confirmed Friday, according to a source involved in the process.

Peterson was taken into custody Saturday morning in Montgomery County, Texas, at 1:06 a.m. CT, NFL Media has confirmed with jail personnel. He was subsequently released on bond.

The Vikings announced that Peterson will be deactivated for Sunday's game against the New England Patriots."

From nfl.com

Hmm.
Original post by cant_think_of_name
"Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson was indicted on charges of reckless or negligent injury to a child, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport confirmed Friday, according to a source involved in the process.

Peterson was taken into custody Saturday morning in Montgomery County, Texas, at 1:06 a.m. CT, NFL Media has confirmed with jail personnel. He was subsequently released on bond.

The Vikings announced that Peterson will be deactivated for Sunday's game against the New England Patriots."

From nfl.com

Hmm.

Yep. Apparently, playing a video game similar to Road Rash or something, his child knocked the other child off the bike...and he used a switch on him. Unbelievable.
Why can't these people just act normally?

What is so hard about not hitting women and children and/or murdering people?
Not a good week for the NFL...
Oh man brilliant. Texas captain just chose to kick after UCLA deferred . The look on the coach face was priceless :rofl:
Original post by Malevolent
Oh man brilliant. Texas captain just chose to kick after UCLA deferred . The look on the coach face was priceless :rofl:

On the first kickoff, Texas deffered...so they were technically due to have it back in the second, but year...they technically kicked off twice. Brilliant.

Did you see USC get beat by Boston College though? Talk about an upset....but BC had 452 rushing yards. The quarterback had 191 yards rushing. And USC only had 20 yards rushing. Incredible.
I'm back! Such a bad PR week in NFL land, got a cheeky 8-fold for tonight. with Carson Palmer questionable I'm already not confident.
Minnesota just put together the most beautiful drive for a TD. Hoping for a Vikings win... Adrian who?
Minnesota just put together the most beautiful drive for a TD. Hoping for a Vikings win... Adrian who?

More like horrendous. That was awful defense. Blown coverage,blown coverage everywhere.

On a side note looks like RG3 might have broken an ankle...
Original post by Malevolent
More like horrendous. That was awful defense. Blown coverage,blown coverage everywhere.

On a side note looks like RG3 might have broken an ankle...

It was bad by the Pats but still they put together some nice plays... of course, all ripped apart by bloody Cassel throwing a pick
It was bad by the Pats but still they put together some nice plays... of course, all ripped apart by bloody Cassel throwing a pick

Dmac nice play.

It was horrendous. Miss Jamie Collins bad haha

Latest