:hugs:
Anything in particular?

I dont know what's wrong. :frown: Feel like Im grieving. :cry2:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tasha96
I dont know what's wrong. :frown: Feel like Im grieving. :cry2:

:lovehug:
Original post by lauraaaaa
yessss! like i feel like focusing on breathing makes me realise how bad my breathing actually is!

aw, im really happy for you :biggrin:

i always have those P plates on, even though i passed months ago, because then if anything does happen, they have been warned, but i feel like sometimes that makes it worse!

haha and oh, i see, yeah you feel kinda obliged too! im sure it'll be okay and its only one evening after all :tongue: hope you get some sleep!

Original post by WelshBluebird
Hope people have been ok this weekend :smile:.
Feeling a bit lonely now so I am trying to occupy myself. Currently cleaning the oven lol.

Wooooo :smile:

Thanks guys :smile: still feel scared to get my hopes up though
Original post by PandaWho
Just because he goes to a certain uni doesnt mean hes an less smart than someone that goes to another uni.

We dont have that kind of talk here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He's an Oxford reject. :rolleyes:
Is it normal that I do not see any point in having a friendship with anyone and that I do not care about anyone(except me(even my parents))?
Original post by Anonymous
Is it normal that I do not see any point in having a friendship with anyone and that I do not care about anyone(except me(even my parents))?

Sounds vaguely like schizoid personality disorder. Do some research into it and see what you think. :smile: Here are the traits from Psych Central:

Neither desires nor enjoys close relationships, including being part of a family

Almost always chooses solitary activities

Has little, if any, interest in having sexual experiences with another person

Takes pleasure in few, if any, activities

Lacks close friends or confidants other than first-degree relatives

Appears indifferent to the praise or criticism of others

Shows emotional coldness, detachment, or flattened affect (emotion)

You need four or more traits to meet the diagnostic criteria, but I would go and see a psychiatrist for an official diagnosis if you believe this fits you and causes significant impairment in key areas of your life surrounding the social, occupational and psychological health domains. Self-diagnosis isn't particularly valid after all.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by samba
I'm off to Salford for this year :smile: After that we'll see! Yea, it's all becoming real now. Salford starts earlier too, so in like.... under 2 weeks I'll be a scumbag student :eek: Need to do an amazon shop, buy my parking permit, an ebuyer shop, and yea!

Ah awesome :smile: Glad you've got it all sorted then :biggrin: You'll be one of us! :eek: :awesome:

Original post by Porridge510
x

I think I still need to reply to you from a long time ago - sorry :sad:
Good to hear from you, though sorry you're not feeling great/feel you're getting worse :frown: :hugs:
Installed the Sims last week - thought you'd like to know :tongue: :gah:

Original post by samba
Ok, to get away from the bull**** direction this thread is currently heading in, can anyone suggest me some music? I've always enjoyed music a little but never been a really big fan! (other than of some hiphop) Need some suggestions for my incoming ipod :redface:

:dance:

Spoiler

Original post by samba
da *** :p: LIKE, REAL SUGGESTIONS PLEASE.

This made me chuckle :lol: :biggrin:

Original post by Riku
Hey guys! I'm back from my little holiday :wink: so I'll try and pop in here every now and then.

How are things? Have you all had a good summer? :smile:

Riku!!!!!! :jumphug:
:hi:

Moved back into Uni house yesterday, term starts in 2 weeks! Summer been rather uneventful/boring/bleh-ish, but had a good half-week up in the lake district! :smile: How about you?

Original post by Noodlzzz
Hey guys keep on topic, yeah?

How're you doing? :smile:

Original post by Nathanielle
Was sucessful with thinking about positive things today and turned out at the end, that my mood has risen. (Three hours of sport!)

:woo: That reminds me I need to start looking into swimming/buy a pass/actually go :colondollar:

Original post by Sabertooth
This isn't the place for debates over veganism. Try to keep on topic. :smile:

Looks as though I've missed a couple of scuffles :colondollar:

Hope you're doing okay - sorry that meds are giving nausea side effects, sounds horrible :frown: Well done for managing to go to the bar and stuff though!

Original post by james1211
Been in A&E this evening. Surgical wound is infected and I'm in blinding pain. Fun :smile:

:frown: That sounds horrible - Hope it gets sorted quickly tomorrow - sorry for you and girlfriend too, hope she's feeling better soon :hugs:

Original post by Odd socks
Indescribably happy. This girl gives me butterfly's and she's perfect

:woo:

Original post by ScaryScience
too sad right now :frown:

:frown: :hugs:

--------------------------------------

Eventful couple of days :biggrin:

So I may have arrived at my friends house for his party a day early... :colondollar: :lol: Luckily stayed with him fine/his family were fine - shame to have missed the party but oh well.

Moved into Uni house - it's so much nicer than I remembered/from pictures! They've given us all new bedroom furniture, and so with the good storage options and the fact I packed a lot less/more efficiently - have lots of free space/is all really good! (Even though the room's smaller)

saving space/tl;dr

I have no internet at home, besides some mobile internet - so sorry if I'm (even more) terrible at replying - but can at least reply to peeps in the office when others aren't around :smile: But yeah, feels so good to be back - was feeling so happy and good last night, morning was feeling bleh, but oh well.

ummmmmmm - and I think that that's it for now :colondollar: Off back home now I think - have some dinner and unpack the last box!
Original post by PandaWho

Spoiler

You're absolutely correct. I have borderline personality disorder, narcissistic personality disorder, depression, Asperger's Syndrome and social phobia. And yes, they were all diagnosed by professionals. I achieved A*A*A* at A Level and study at Cambridge University.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Asexual Demigod
Sounds vaguely like schizoid personality disorder. Do some research into it and see what you think. :smile: Here are the traits from Psych Central:

Neither desires nor enjoys close relationships, including being part of a family

You need four or more traits to meet the diagnostic criteria, but I would go and see a psychiatrist for an official diagnosis if you believe this fits you and causes significant impairment in key areas of your life surrounding the social, occupational and psychological health domains. Self-diagnosis isn't particularly valid after all.

Thanks, I meet only 2 of those(or 3 but not really sure). However, I still do not understand why people feel empathy for the others, but I guess it is just me. I just do not see the point of it, I mean, why would anyone want his happiness to depend on someone else? Oh, I guess too mamy questions :biggrin:
Thanks, I meet only 2 of those(or 3 but not really sure). However, I still do not understand why people feel empathy for the others, but I guess it is just me. I just do not see the point of it, I mean, why would anyone want his happiness to depend on someone else? Oh, I guess too mamy questions :biggrin:

I'm unsure if empathy has a rational basis so I understand where you are coming from in questioning the rationale behind it. However, lacking empathy is symptomatic of a whole array of mental illnesses so I can't really point you in any direction specifically.
He's an Oxford reject. :rolleyes:

So what? Most people aren't at Oxbridge - doesn't make them stupid/any less - and being at Oxford doesn't mean you're right (Except TLG :h:)

Sorry, I don't want to get off on a bad foot/I've never spoken to you before (Hi :hi: :biggrin:) but posting things like that is either arrogant and/or silly/stupid.

I don't completely know anything about personality disorders myself - other than that I know many on here have said to be very wary when self-diagnosing them - in that (apparently) it can be relatively easy to fit yourself to a description? :dontknow:
You're absolutely correct. I have borderline personality disorder, narcissistic personality disorder, depression, Asperger's Syndrome and social phobia. And yes, they were all diagnosed by professionals. I achieved A*A*A* at A Level and study at Cambridge University.

TAB IN THE THREAD! TAB IN THE THREAD! :fuhrer: :nothing: :mob:

:ninja:
Evening
Original post by purple-duck

I don't completely know anything about personality disorders myself - other than that I know many on here have said to be very wary when self-diagnosing them - in that (apparently) it can be relatively easy to fit yourself to a description? :dontknow:

Yes, many members of the population fit certain traits of personality disorders and that is why the DSM specifies that a certain number of traits need to be met (usually 4 or 5), they have to be persistent, develop in early adulthood (as traits manifesting themselves in your adolescence or childhood when your personality is still developing doesn't indicate much) and they have to cause significant impairments in your life e.g. you are unable to work, have to rely on others to support you emotionally and/or financially, etc.

I already mentioned that self-diagnosis isn't particularly valid, so why you felt the need to add that into your reply is beyond me.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Danny the Geezer
Evening

I'm not here, I'm working. I swear :ninja:
So what? Most people aren't at Oxbridge - doesn't make them stupid/any less - and being at Oxford doesn't mean you're right (Except TLG :h:)

Sorry, I don't want to get off on a bad foot/I've never spoken to you before (Hi :hi: :biggrin:) but posting things like that is either arrogant and/or silly/stupid.

I am a very arrogant individual at times. It is a defence mechanism I employ as a compensatory narcissist to circumvent feelings of worthlessness and powerlessness. I am a pathological narcissist, so arrogance kinda goes with the game.
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

I'm not here, I'm working. I swear :ninja:

:eek:

Hello btw :smile:
Original post by Danny the Geezer
:eek:

Hello btw :smile:

I know. Got set work to do on Fri/Sat, for a Mon morning deadline! Tiz MONEY though :colone:

How are things today? :h:
Ah awesome :smile: Glad you've got it all sorted then :biggrin: You'll be one of us! :eek: :awesome:

I think I still need to reply to you from a long time ago - sorry :sad:
Good to hear from you, though sorry you're not feeling great/feel you're getting worse :frown: :hugs:
Installed the Sims last week - thought you'd like to know :tongue: :gah:

:dance:

Spoiler

This made me chuckle :lol: :biggrin:

Riku!!!!!! :jumphug:

Moved back into Uni house yesterday, term starts in 2 weeks! Summer been rather uneventful/boring/bleh-ish, but had a good half-week up in the lake district! :smile: How about you?

How're you doing? :smile:

:woo: That reminds me I need to start looking into swimming/buy a pass/actually go :colondollar:

Looks as though I've missed a couple of scuffles :colondollar:

Hope you're doing okay - sorry that meds are giving nausea side effects, sounds horrible :frown: Well done for managing to go to the bar and stuff though!

:frown: That sounds horrible - Hope it gets sorted quickly tomorrow - sorry for you and girlfriend too, hope she's feeling better soon :hugs:

:woo:

:frown: :hugs:

--------------------------------------

Eventful couple of days :biggrin:

So I may have arrived at my friends house for his party a day early... :colondollar: :lol: Luckily stayed with him fine/his family were fine - shame to have missed the party but oh well.

Moved into Uni house - it's so much nicer than I remembered/from pictures! They've given us all new bedroom furniture, and so with the good storage options and the fact I packed a lot less/more efficiently - have lots of free space/is all really good! (Even though the room's smaller)

saving space/tl;dr

I have no internet at home, besides some mobile internet - so sorry if I'm (even more) terrible at replying - but can at least reply to peeps in the office when others aren't around :smile: But yeah, feels so good to be back - was feeling so happy and good last night, morning was feeling bleh, but oh well.

ummmmmmm - and I think that that's it for now :colondollar: Off back home now I think - have some dinner and unpack the last box!

Thanks :smile: glad you're having a good time being back at uni!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am a very arrogant individual at times. It is a defence mechanism I employ as a compensatory narcissist to circumvent feelings of worthlessness and powerlessness. I am a pathological narcissist, so arrogance kinda goes with the game.

We all have our defence mechanisms... but I think the point that insulting those who didn't (for whatever reason) get into/go to Oxbridge isn't the best move in a thread where most people don't go to Oxbridge, is a fair one :tongue:

God that's a longwinded sentence that doesn't read well :getmecoat: Dunno how to put it more succinctly though, so that'll have to do :colondollar:

Latest