This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Odd socks

Spoiler

Please stay safe, for us?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I already apologised twice. I do have serious personality issues. I'm sorry for being myself.
Original post by Asexual Demigod
So she is dyslexic? It was implicated that if she did have dyslexia, I'd just move on and ignore the difficulty I had in understanding her posts. Sorry.

I can't remember if Panda is dyslexic or dyspraxic or not but that shouldn't really matter. Some people just find spelling difficult, even without being dyslexic or dyspraxic. No one spells or punctuates "badly" on purpose. That would be a weird thing to do :tongue:

So you shouldn't have lashed out at Panda for something she doesn't do on purpose. It didn't make you the bigger man or look anymore clever. In fact it just kinda invalidated your whole point about being clever and impressive because people only focused on what you said to Panda and the tone that came across from that...
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I can't remember if Panda is dyslexic or dyspraxic or not but that shouldn't really matter. Some people just find spelling difficult, even without being dyslexic or dyspraxic. No one spells or punctuates "badly" on purpose. That would be a weird thing to do :tongue:

So you shouldn't have lashed out at Panda for something she doesn't do on purpose. It didn't make you the bigger man or look anymore clever. In fact it just kinda invalidated your whole point about being clever and impressive because people only focused on what you said to Panda and the tone that came across from that...

Yes, because it is natural for humans to care more about emotional as opposed to rational issues.
Original post by Riku

Spoiler

Spoiler

------------------------------

Better head off now or I'll be having dinner at 10pm or something :colondollar: :lol: (which would leave a hungry duck :sad: :eek: I HAVEN'T SEEN THE DUCKS YET! First on the agenda for tomorrow then :yep: :gah:)
(edited 9 years ago)

I have apologised three times already.
I have apologised three times already.

That is good and has been noted by me at least. I fear damage may have already been done but that can't be helped now. Just maybe try not to patronise others next time? You didn't like me patronising you, so best not to make others feel how you don't wanna feel yourself!
He's an Oxford reject. :rolleyes:

We don't care. :nah: That fact doesn't change ANYTHING.

Yes, many members of the population fit certain traits of personality disorders and that is why the DSM specifies that a certain number of traits need to be met (usually 4 or 5), they have to be persistent, develop in early adulthood (as traits manifesting themselves in your adolescence or childhood when your personality is still developing doesn't indicate much) and they have to cause significant impairments in your life e.g. you are unable to work, have to rely on others to support you emotionally and/or financially, etc.

I already mentioned that self-diagnosis isn't particularly valid, so why you felt the need to add that into your reply is beyond me.

Please watch how you're talking in here. :h:
That is good and has been noted by me at least. I fear damage may have already been done but that can't be helped now. Just maybe try not to patronise others next time? You didn't like me patronising you, so best not to make others feel how you don't wanna feel yourself!

I really don't understand the whole "triggering" thing. It sounds like just an excuse to act overly dramatic just because you disagree with someone. I understand it in the case of childhood trauma/complex PTSD, but otherwise it seems a bit artificial to me.
Original post by tasha96
We don't care. :nah: That fact doesn't change ANYTHING.

Please watch how you're talking in here. :h:

Nothing in that post you quoted was rude.
Reply 3729
Original post by purple-duck

Spoiler

------------------------------

Better head off now or I'll be having dinner at 10pm or something :colondollar: :lol:

Spoiler

I'll reply to you and Furryface soon I haven't got much energy atm but it's good to hear you're busy and doing OK PD :hugs:
Original post by Sabertooth
I've thought that a few times. Particularly in crowded places. It's a really horrible feeling. When things are going badly for me I often lose track of thoughts and it seems to me like someone has taken them out of my head which is also extremely worrying to me.

Are you on any medication? It could be that you require it adjusting.

Yeah I'm on abilify atm, my support worker says that it's nothing to do with my medication that it's in my mentality :frown:
Original post by purple-duck
Thanks :redface: Currently doing pretty good! :smile: Busybusybusy - you too! I'm sure tomorrow'll be fine - they'd better do a better job than last time :unimpressed: :redface:

I'm not even sure what they're going to do tomorrow - the A&E doctor just said to ring the surgeon who did it and explain A&E said to ring them because it's infected. I've already got antibiotics, i'm assuming they just want me to ring them to check that there's not going to be any complications arise? Who knows, i don't do medical things very often :redface:

I'm looking forward to going back but i want to feel better before i do so, i can't imagine being able to focus in any lectures like this :redface:
Nope. Sure does sound like paranoid schizophrenia though. Please correct me if I am mistaken. I hate being inconsiderate/ignorant/ill-educated about a topic.

It's psychosis, similar to schizophrenia but not the same thing!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2795113&page=187&p=50360373#post50360373

She did start by insulting me...
Nothing in that post you quoted was rude.

Actually it was. :h: I think you'll find. :h:

You can't come in here and insult people (and certainly not our Panda) and take your temper out on us.
Original post by MJlover
Yeah I'm on abilify atm, my support worker says that it's nothing to do with my medication that it's in my mentality :frown:

That's odd. Obviously I'm not a professional but I'm fairly sure it's a treatable symptom of psychosis. I can only speak from my own experience, but when I'm on the right dose/drug I don't think those kind of things at all. Have you told your psychiatrist? He'll be better trained in this area.
How are you doing today? Anything you want to get off your chest? We are here for you. :smile:

Thanks - really unstable at the moment and I'm getting tired of it all. How are you? :smile:
Original post by MJlover
It's psychosis, similar to schizophrenia but not the same thing!

Yes, I know that. :rolleyes: But the paranoid element of the psychotic delusion sounded similar to schizophrenia to me.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tasha96
Actually it was. :h: I think you'll find. :h:

You can't come in here and insult people (and certainly not our Panda) and take your temper out on us.

Nope, it wasn't. Provide evidence to support your assertion.
Original post by ScaryScience
Thanks - really unstable at the moment and I'm getting tired of it all. How are you? :smile:

I know the feeling of instability. :/ I am pretty weary of life too at the moment. I really hope we can pull through this and beat the crap out of depression. :biggrin: If only a positive and optimistic thought like that could change anything...

Latest