The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Asexual Demigod
Yet they have permission to attack me based on their ignorance about my condition? Right. :rolleyes:

I've been watching you and others in this thread and haven't seen anyone attack you without first being provoked. Even then, the vast majority of the insulting has been by you.

If you feel people are attacking you then report it (the button in the top right of a post) and allow the moderators to deal with it.

If you have a problem with the rules feel free to stop posting on TSR. If you feel that mods aren't doing their job then create a thread in AAH&RM.
Original post by .snowflake.
-hugs- if you haven't got an attack of the jelly legs yet, is there any chance you could get yourself a glass of water?

i went ang got one from downstairs. my breathing has quicken since i got back up to my room though.
Original post by purple-duck
:hugs:
What've you been up to today? :smile:

not a lot really, going out for a half an hour drive (and enjoying it :colondollar:) is about my biggest achievement of the day :lol: think im going stationary shopping tomorrow though :party: you? :smile:
Original post by Asexual Demigod
I worked harder than anyone of you so stop pretending like you're better than me because you didn't achieve as much. See? It makes no sense.

Actually I got the same grades as you, and I still think you are being very rude to everyone in here. I get that you have your issues but you can't keep using that as your excuse.

Posted from TSR Mobile
i wish i was calm right now.
I went to a party last night and made loads of people laugh. I'm not saying that I'm some bada$$ comedian or even a funny guy, but when I went so long thinking isolated and lonely, going out of my comfort zone to a party (granted family and family friends were there) making loads of people laugh and smile made me feel so good about myself :colondollar: :h:
Trigger warning for rape discussion.

Can a guy be raped? When i was 14 in year 8 i got a call from a mutual friend. She said that she needed help with a lot of homework i of course said that i would help . However when i proposed that we should use face time she declined and told me to go to her house. Being mural friend i didn't know where she lived and so she told me to meet in front of the school and from there we would go to her home. This was very wired to me as when we met up she was holding my Hand. When we arrived at her home there was know one there. I was very worried and explained to her that i needed to go home. However she insisted on me staying. I don't know why but i accepted to stay. Bringing my bag with me i prepared to help her with her questions as i had done most of them already. After 5 minutes of waiting i called her as she went upstairs and hadn't returned. Around 2 mins later she called me up. So i did and when i got there she was naked :frown:. I told her to F off and was about to leave when she grabbed me and pushed me towards the bed. By know i don't know why but i had the urge ..... Well not to resist no longer and from there things escalated. I could not stop myself i remember telling her i cant do this however she replied saying she had to do this. After i didn't help her with her homework and just left. Crying on the way home i was shocked and really emotional. If you are wondering i am 17 now. Do you think this is rape ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by guitaristemily
i wish i was calm right now.

One ways that sometimes helps me get calm is by listening to the Robert Miles - Dreamland album. The songs Children (dream) and fable (dream) in particular help me. I'm not saying it will 100% work, but it has helped me calm down a few times :smile:
Can you pop that insde [ SPOILER] tags for me chick? I know we've a few rape survivors on the thread. Men indeed can be raped. Whether the law calls it that, and not something else, I have no idea.

Original post by IDukem
I went to a party last night and made loads of people laugh. I'm not saying that I'm some bada$$ comedian or even a funny guy, but when I went so long thinking isolated and lonely, going out of my comfort zone to a party (granted family and family friends were there) making loads of people laugh and smile made me feel so good about myself :colondollar: :h:

YAY!! XD So pleased for you chick.
(edited 9 years ago)
:hide:
im no longer gonna post here guys, i feel like iv been bullied one to many times.

you guys dont need to argue because of me.

:getmecoat:
Original post by PandaWho
im no longer gonna post here guys, i feel like iv been bullied one to many times.

Woah, pandaaaa. It wasn't your fault this ruckus started.
Original post by lauraaaaa
not a lot really, going out for a half an hour drive (and enjoying it :colondollar:) is about my biggest achievement of the day :lol: think im going stationary shopping tomorrow though :party: you? :smile:

Yays for enjoying the drive :biggrin: that's still good though :smile:
Ooo :teeth: tell us what you get :tongue: Ended up seeing a notebook in tesco while buying milk and maybe snatching it up... (Was reduced to clear/didn't want it to not be there :eek:)
Sorting out the house mostly yesterday/next week - hung around cinema mostly today/got keys for that! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

YAY!! XD So pleased for you chick.

Thank you! I was given a few compliments too saying stuff like I'm kind cause put others ahead of myself. It really boosted my confidence up and makes me look forward to meeting new people even I'm still nervy about it all :redface:

I hope all is well for you! :hugs:

Please don't leave hun, we'd all miss you loads!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by purple-duck
Yays for enjoying the drive :biggrin: that's still good though :smile:
Ooo :teeth: tell us what you get :tongue: Ended up seeing a notebook in tesco while buying milk and maybe snatching it up... (Was reduced to clear/didn't want it to not be there :eek:)
Sorting out the house mostly yesterday/next week - hung around cinema mostly today/got keys for that! :smile:

I think its important to recognise that people have different academic capabilities - someone can work equally hard as someone else (in the same circumstances) and still get lower/different grades - and that isn't either person's fault, just how it goes - and, luckily - academics isn't everything! :smile:

So yes - you should be proud of your results, particularly when you struggled with MH - but it doesn't make you better than anyone else, which is the sort of vibe you seem to be giving off.

And to add, as others have already (while I've been semi-trying to stay out of it) - there's really no need to be so rude to people - and that it's quite simple to read through the first page of the thread/follow from there. (And even worse to be rude to people who are being polite to you)

I guess my advice to you is either to find a different community where you won't hurt people by your comments, but who will still help you with your conditions - or to change your attitude to others here pronto(if that isn't too harsh to say)

:lol: a guy after my own heart, buying stationary all the time :tongue: i don't know whether im going tomorrow or whether it'll be next week but im freakin excited about it :lol: but everyones moving to uni from today and i still have to wait two weeks! :frown:
Hello poppets!

Use the ignore feature if somebody is upsetting you. Do not engage with them and just hit the report button or it'll continue to escalate and will make it harder for the mods to clean up.

The very nature of the society means that people with a huge variety of illnesses will join in and, unfortunately, their illnesses can cause them to struggle to interact with others in a nice and friendly manner. Let's let it all settle down and return to our regularly scheduled support society, k?

Inbox is open if anyone needs somebody to talk to *megahugs*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IDukem
Thank you! I was given a few compliments too saying stuff like I'm kind cause put others ahead of myself. It really boosted my confidence up and makes me look forward to meeting new people even I'm still nervy about it all :redface:

I hope all is well for you! :hugs:

Eh, good days, bad days. Back to uni on Friday. WHERE THE FLIP HAS THE SUMMER GONE???????

99% of the people here love you, adore you, think the world of you and would never want to see you hurt. I personally love seeing your posts (when I'm online :ninja:) and I love how caring you are. You are fantastic and I know self-esteem is a struggle for you and when words thrown around that are lets say "not necessarily positive", it can take a heck of a knock.

But we care for you because of two reasons:

1) You're so damn nice to everyone else that it's only fair we return this warmth.

2) Your personality is a wonderful personality and we all get drawn to this.

Unfortunately, there will be people who didn't/don't/won't see eye-to-eye with you in this world and it can be so rough. but the people that bring negativity to your life or more specifically this thread perhaps, they'll fizzle out and the positive side of it all i.e. the MHSS group :h:

People are arguing for you or saying nice things for you because you're our friend and friends stick up for one another :h:

So please don't leave! If you feel like you need a break than that's up to you, we'll support you in your decision, but we love you here and would love you to stay.

#welovepanda (cause I'm totally rad for bringing hastags in this here thread again :redface:):biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by IDukem
99% of the people here love you, adore you, think the world of you and would never want to see you hurt. I personally love seeing your posts (when I'm online :ninja:) and I love how caring you are. You are fantastic and I know self-esteem is a struggle for you and when words thrown around that are lets say "not necessarily positive", it can take a heck of a knock.

But we care for you because of two reasons:

1) You're so damn nice to everyone else that it's only fair we return this warmth.

2) You're personality is a wonderful personality and we all get drawn to this.

Unfortunately, there will be people who didn't see eye-to-eye with you in this world and it can be so rough. but the people that bring negativity to your life or more specifically this thread perhaps, they'll fizzle out and the positive side of it all i.e. the MHSS group :h:

People are arguing for you or saying nice things for you because you;re our friend and friends stick up for one another :h:

So please don't leave! If you feel like you need a break than that's up to you, we'll support you in your decision, but we love you here and would love you to stay.

#welovepanda (cause I'm totally rad for bringing hastags in this here thread again :redface:):biggrin:

Seconded.

Eh, good days, bad days. Back to uni on Friday. WHERE THE FLIP HAS THE SUMMER GONE???????

Yay for uni!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww, well I'm greatest advice giver, but just know that I'm rooting for you all the way :h: If I can help you out, I'll try though! :smile: I know!! I love the summer :redface: Now it's time to whip out the blankets and hot water bottles :tongue:

Latest