The Student Room Group

A-level Maths!

:confused: Is it possible to still do well in a level maths without doing add maths for GCSE? everyone else in my class has done add maths and know what's going on while I haven't a clue... :confused:
Original post by Mark Smith
:confused: Is it possible to still do well in a level maths without doing add maths for GCSE? everyone else in my class has done add maths and know what's going on while I haven't a clue... :confused:

I didn't do add maths GCSE, I didn't even know it existed until my A2 year. I still got A*A* in maths and further maths A level. So yeah, I would say it's possible..

If you're a bit lost on what's going on you'll just need to do a bit more work outside of lessons, do some more questions and more reading and maybe watch some videos on YouTube for the topics you find hardest. It all comes down to work.
Reply 2
Original post by TheIrrational
I didn't do add maths GCSE, I didn't even know it existed until my A2 year. I still got A*A* in maths and further maths A level. So yeah, I would say it's possible..

If you're a bit lost on what's going on you'll just need to do a bit more work outside of lessons, do some more questions and more reading and maybe watch some videos on YouTube for the topics you find hardest. It all comes down to work.

Do you know of any good resources that helped you/heard of any that others found helpful? How would you say is the best way to study for AS maths?
Reply 3
Examsolutions is the ultimate website for explaining exam questions in small steps. It makes maths seem really simple

Quick Reply

Latest