The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Bloody hell Cassel
Throw it to Revis :colone:
Julian Edelman is money.
Come on Cleveland. COME ON

**** THEY DID IT
(edited 9 years ago)
Hahaha JJ Watt gets a TD playing as a tight end on the Texans offense?!
Original post by cant_think_of_name
Hahaha JJ Watt gets a TD playing as a tight end on the Texans offense?!

Yep. Texans getting even more value for him.

In my IDP league, I'm kicking myself after not using JPP at d-line though. My D-line did alright, with Hatcher getting 5 points...but wow...just my luck.

Although in the TSR league, Peyton's killing it though.
DeMarco Murray... I was iffy on the pick but I'll take 23 points every day!
Dear me...
What an embarrassing performance by the Hawks, the Irvin penalty that set up the San TD was one of the most stupid things you could ever witness. O-Line got blown out all day, they seemingly removed Lynch from the game plan, defense killed itself with 3rd down conversions so that it had to stay and play in blistering heat and most damaging of all, a complete and utter failure to change D-plan to account for all their short crosses that we couldn't defend.

*sigh*...Well, that's my mood ruined for a while. You don't get to win just because you're the Hawks, all credit to the Chargers they were better than us all day. Defence just didn't show up.
Original post by IMakeSenseToNone
What an embarrassing performance by the Hawks, the Irvin penalty that set up the San TD was one of the most stupid things you could ever witness. O-Line got blown out all day, they seemingly removed Lynch from the game plan, defense killed itself with 3rd down conversions so that it had to stay and play in blistering heat and most damaging of all, a complete and utter failure to change D-plan to account for all their short crosses that we couldn't defend.

*sigh*...Well, that's my mood ruined for a while. You don't get to win just because you're the Hawks, all credit to the Chargers they were better than us all day. Defence just didn't show up.

Yeah man I'm so frustrated right now. Should be winning those sorts of games. Play Denver next week, lucky it's at home, but still - it's gonna be difficult, and going 1-2 at this point would be pretty hard to fight back to get high seeding for the playoffs. I'm especially annoyed because we did so well last week, sent out a message to the rest of the league and now it's blown up in our faces.

Ah well, you can't win 'em all (just ask the '07 Pats :wink:)
Yeah man I'm so frustrated right now. Should be winning those sorts of games. Play Denver next week, lucky it's at home, but still - it's gonna be difficult, and going 1-2 at this point would be pretty hard to fight back to get high seeding for the playoffs. I'm especially annoyed because we did so well last week, sent out a message to the rest of the league and now it's blown up in our faces.

120 degree heat plus a good team on the road was never going to be pretty. We looked so insanely slow out there... But it's just those penalties man, and the Harvin fumble and being so unlucky with not getting the turnovers from fumbles... Just makes it all the harder. We could barely even get pressure on River.

All we need now is 49ers to win and make the day a real kick in the teeth :tongue:
Original post by IMakeSenseToNone

Credit where it's due...The Chargers are awesome on third down. Rivers made some awesome throws into tight coverage. And Gates made circus catches and flat out smacked down talk of his decline. The Chargers also have an annoyingly good game plan against the other top teams, and that is to dominate the time of posession game. 42minutes, in that heat, will be tough for anybody.

And as a proud owner of Lynch in fantasy, I concur. Every carry he had went for good yardage...and he had 6 yard a pop!

The only way to gaurentee a place in the playoffs is to win the division. Cardinals are legitimate contenders this year -- if the Niners played like they did this evening, the Cards can most certainly go 3-0, which will be key as they have two tough matches out of the way.

Stepping back, after all the smack the AFC got, "by far the weaker conference", "AFC teams can't play defense"..."NFC teams will win the superbowl for the next three/five/ten years" etc, a point was proven today (and week 1). And after all the smack the AFC West got, as a Broncos fan, it is actually refreshing to see the Chargers do well and prove a point. They hung with the Cardinals and beat the Seahawks. I fear them. And the way the Chiefs played...I'm thankful for the win. A 2-0 start against the Colts and Chiefs is a great start in my books, even if it took late 4th down stands to secure the win. The Chiefs may be 0-2, but they'll be there or there abouts come the end of the season.

Of course, I'm hoping my team goes into the Clink and wins. It will be incredibly tough, with the Seattle D having a point to prove, and should be a good battle (unlike last time :frown: ). Hopefully, Orange Julius can keep Peyton happy (by running his routes properly and blocking for DT[!!!]).

On that note, did anyone else see Peyton go absolutely crazy at Orange Julius? If anyone says Peyton doesn't have the fire in his belly, or the desire to win...that's exhibit A, to prove them wrong.
As a chargers fan and actually having dreaded playing the Seahawks, I'm so bloody happy we actually came away with the W. Gates showed he still has if and went to school on those LBs, and Rivers wasn't afraid to pass the ball near Sherman which is a great mentality to have. After losing week 1 I was unsure what to expect this season. Hopefully beating the Seahawks is the start of good things to come....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jimbles
As a chargers fan and actually having dreaded playing the Seahawks, I'm so bloody happy we actually came away with the W. Gates showed he still has if and went to school on those LBs, and Rivers wasn't afraid to pass the ball near Sherman which is a great mentality to have. After losing week 1 I was unsure what to expect this season. Hopefully beating the Seahawks is the start of good things to come....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck to your Chargers (well...not too much against the Broncos, eh? :tongue:) because it's nice to see the AFC West representing. I really like Rivers' mentality...as a QB you have to have a certain level of belief in your own ability, and that of your recievers to be able to do that. And it's not just Sherman either. He targeted the whole LOB. I mean Chancellor was never really in that contest against Gates. The Chargers have a great offense, but they have a sneaky-good defense as well. Weddle dominated Fitzgerald on monday, and he was good today; a real piece that teams can build around.
I give up on Tampa. Fantasy team needs work too.
Urgh, both Philip Rivers and Antonio Gates on the bench :mad:
Already won in one of my fantasy leagues... up by 46 in another, with only Riley Cooper to play for my opponent, and in the TSR league am down by 9 but he's finished and I have Reggie Wayne and Zach Ertz to play... this is gonna be close
Who's Scott, owner of Strip Club Ready? Can I just apologise for running this score up... I flexed very badly and pre-Palmer's injury, Matt Forte the #5 pick in the draft scored 3.60, I really have no idea how I've managed to win. Actually I just looked at the matchup. You were horribly unlucky in nearly every matchup. AJ and Jamaal Charles leaving the game?! There was no hope. And then Jordy Nelson, came up with a passing yard number in receptions. Oh well, one in the bag, bring on week 2
Original post by Wattsy
Who's Scott, owner of Strip Club Ready? Can I just apologise for running this score up... I flexed very badly and pre-Palmer's injury, Matt Forte the #5 pick in the draft scored 3.60, I really have no idea how I've managed to win. Actually I just looked at the matchup. You were horribly unlucky in nearly every matchup. AJ and Jamaal Charles leaving the game?! There was no hope. And then Jordy Nelson, came up with a passing yard number in receptions. Oh well, one in the bag, bring on week 2

Haha, that would be me. My team's had an absolute nightmare!

Green, Charles and V.Davis all left their games early due to injury (after scoring me about 5 points combined), although I got big results from Cobb, Dalton and Morris.

I just hope their injuries aren't that serious :s-smilie:
Original post by jammy4041
Credit where it's due...The Chargers are awesome on third down. Rivers made some awesome throws into tight coverage. And Gates made circus catches and flat out smacked down talk of his decline. The Chargers also have an annoyingly good game plan against the other top teams, and that is to dominate the time of posession game. 42minutes, in that heat, will be tough for anybody.

And as a proud owner of Lynch in fantasy, I concur. Every carry he had went for good yardage...and he had 6 yard a pop!

Chargers were really good yesturday, Rivers has always been one of my favourite QBs and he had a nearly perfect game today and we just couldn't contain him. It was rather strange how we kept Chancellor on Gates when his man weakness is coverage and he clearly wasn't getting anywhere... It's a bit too often we get burned because of a seeming stubbornness to adapt halfway through the first half.

Wonder why we didn't see more of Paul Richardson, the guy's great at slants and the like but seeing we had so little possession the fact it was so close does say some good things about us. Would have been a different game if we tackled better.

And I don't mean this as a whinny excuse, we lost fair and square to the better team but surely there should be something against playing a game in 120 degrees at the peak of the day? I feel faint when it's 30 degrees let alone playing football in nearly 50 and if you have one heat related attack you're more likely to experience it in the future.

Latest