The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lauraaaaa
are you having a gap year? surely there are some people staying at home for uni? or you can do things on your gap year to meet new people? idk what to suggest :/

Yeah :frown: I know of one person staying at home for uni and a couple of others taking gap years, my close friends are all going away though except one and it's kind of difficult :redface: I'll get a job and things when I'm well enough though so that should be better hopefully :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mazzini
Sorry, I can't really help because I don't get panic attacks, but I just wanted you to know that we're all here for you :yes: :jumphug:

:hugs: thanks
Original post by furryface12
Yeah :frown: I know of one person staying at home for uni and a couple of others taking gap years, my close friends are all going away though except one and it's kind of difficult :redface: I'll get a job and things when I'm well enough though so that should be better hopefully :smile:

im sure it'll work out eventually! how was the gathering? driving was fine, even kinda enjoyed it :colondollar:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:lovehug:

:lovehug:

Original post by guitaristemily
:hugs: thanks

No worries :hugs:

Just didn't want you to think that I was ignoring you :colondollar:
Original post by Mazzini
:ahee:

I'm OK thanks. What about you? :smile:

Glad you're okay :hugs: I'm not particularly well atm. Thanks for asking though!
Original post by Asexual Demigod
I just want to be loved

:console: I'm sure there are people out there who love you. It must be tough to have to deal with what you do, and to be misunderstood. I understand how difficult personality disorders are and how you have no control about the way that you feel or the views that you have. I would offer you my inbox but unfortunately I'm feeling worse by the minute right now. Please hang on in there.
Original post by ScaryScience
Glad you're okay :hugs: I'm not particularly well atm. Thanks for asking though!

:jumphug:

My inbox is open if you want to chat. Though it's probably too full right now because I'm not a sub. :colondollar:
Original post by Mazzini

No worries :hugs:

Just didn't want you to think that I was ignoring you :colondollar:

its ok.
its ok.

Keep safe. :hugs:

I need to sleep now, sorry :frown: got a hospital appointment tomorrow (physical health, not mental health) and I need my sleep!
why is there an argument on here every ****ing day now? this is NOT the place I joined. Not even sure that i wanna post on here much anymore :cry2:

Don't let the actions of a minority affect you. :smile: Utilise the "ignore" feature if needs be-everyone should have the right to post here in peace and I have to admit some people are being inflammatory but don't not post on here. :smile:
i wish i was calm right now.

I'm afraid I don't have much to say :s-smilie: but just wanted to offer :hugs: And I really hope it ends itself soon. I know that when I get anxious then I often find listening to my favourite album can help (though I know that that's not the same as a panic attack)

Original post by Prince382
Trigger warning for rape discussion.

Can a guy be raped? When i was 14 in year 8 i got a call from a mutual friend. She said that she needed help with a lot of homework i of course said that i would help . However when i proposed that we should use face time she declined and told me to go to her house. Being mural friend i didn't know where she lived and so she told me to meet in front of the school and from there we would go to her home. This was very wired to me as when we met up she was holding my Hand. When we arrived at her home there was know one there. I was very worried and explained to her that i needed to go home. However she insisted on me staying. I don't know why but i accepted to stay. Bringing my bag with me i prepared to help her with her questions as i had done most of them already. After 5 minutes of waiting i called her as she went upstairs and hadn't returned. Around 2 mins later she called me up. So i did and when i got there she was naked :frown:. I told her to F off and was about to leave when she grabbed me and pushed me towards the bed. By know i don't know why but i had the urge ..... Well not to resist no longer and from there things escalated. I could not stop myself i remember telling her i cant do this however she replied saying she had to do this. After i didn't help her with her homework and just left. Crying on the way home i was shocked and really emotional. If you are wondering i am 17 now. Do you think this is rape ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd say that that constitutes as rape, yes. I'm very sorry that that's happened to you :frown:
If you think its affecting you, have you considered talking to your GP or a school counsellor? Important that you get support if you feel as though it (or anything!) is troubling you - you're also always free to post here! Though please remember to use spoiler tags if your post is about a possibly "trigger"-y issue/topic (I sometimes just use spoilers just to be safe :redface:)
Many :hugs: - welcome to the thread! Hope this helps.

Original post by PandaWho
:hide:
im no longer gonna post here guys, i feel like iv been bullied one to many times.

you guys dont need to argue because of me.

:getmecoat:

:jumphug: Please don't leave! Love having you here :smile:

:lol: a guy after my own heart, buying stationary all the time :tongue: i don't know whether im going tomorrow or whether it'll be next week but im freakin excited about it :lol: but everyones moving to uni from today and i still have to wait two weeks! :frown:

:lol: It was bright green and awesome :love: They had a pink one too but I'm unsure on that :hmmm: :tongue: Its mostly these darned soft touch notebooks :colondollar: They just feel so nice and you can like write in them! :eek: :tongue:

Haha :lol: Where are you going for it? :tongue: Yikes really? Didn't think there'd be such a big difference - do York stagger it or something?

Original post by Riku
x

Sorry to quote you again :biggrin:
Just thought I'd remark that "anxiety avoidance" going onto mild depression sounds sort of similar to how I reckon my stuff sorta works out - though I don't quite know how it works :s-smilie:
Sorry you're feeling that way, basically :console:

Original post by IDukem
I don't drink alcohol or go clubbing. Soooooo yeah :biggrin:

:five:
DOWN YOUR J2O :colondollar:
Glad you had a good party thing - not surprised they found you awesome :h:
Up to you if you decide to take a break - so long as you take one only if you think it'll be beneficial to you - it is always great having you here!

Original post by ScaryScience
really quite upset about all this :sigh:

:hugs:

What on earth is a mug cake???!?! :ninja:

I really wanna try one :teeth:

Original post by Mazzini
:ninja:

:hi: I swear I thought you were a gal :confused: just because of the pic I guess :colondollar: (or I misread the introduction and you are a gal... :colondollar: :getmecoat:)
(And of course not that I've actually spoken to you - just went on the X-soc thing when I saw it had a star wars title I think :tongue: anyway......)

Welcome to the thread! :biggrin: :woo:

I'm purple-duck!
Just finished watching the incredibles - such a good film!!! :biggrin:

Now to decide what to do the rest of this evening - though I've just realised its quite late already! :eek:

Maybe just go to bed then - got a sheet now so can sleep with covers (used sleeping bag last night) Feels so cool sitting in a double bed :awesome:
Original post by purple-duck
Just finished watching the incredibles - such a good film!!! :biggrin:

NO CAPES! :biggrin:

What's an acceptable amount of time to wait before resending a UCAS reference email?
Original post by Danny the Geezer
Don't let the actions of a minority affect you. :smile: Utilise the "ignore" feature if needs be-everyone should have the right to post here in peace and I have to admit some people are being inflammatory but don't not post on here. :smile:

okay :smile:

Original post by purple-duck

:lol: It was bright green and awesome :love: They had a pink one too but I'm unsure on that :hmmm: :tongue: Its mostly these darned soft touch notebooks :colondollar: They just feel so nice and you can like write in them! :eek: :tongue:

Haha :lol: Where are you going for it? :tongue: Yikes really? Didn't think there'd be such a big difference - do York stagger it or something?

:lol: I've been really into pink and green together lately, even though they totally clash, so green sounds good to me :nods: and um probably whsmith, i reaaaally hope they have the pens i usually get in there, but i couldn't find them on the website :cry2: :lol: i want to get a reaaaaaally nice planner/diary, but i don't know whether i need folders for uni, so i might just get a few notebooks and buy stuff when im there if i need it :dontknow: highlighters, coloured pens, notebooks, planner, pens and sticky notes are a DEFINITE must though :tongue:

no, they just start on the 28th :smile: i finish on 5th december for christmas though :redface:
Original post by Mazzini
:jumphug:

My inbox is open if you want to chat. Though it's probably too full right now because I'm not a sub. :colondollar:

Thank you for the offer, that's really kind. I wouldn't want to bother you with my **** though. :colondollar: Also, the same goes to you, if you ever want a chat then feel free to PM me. Hope you sleep well and your appointment goes well :hugs:
im sure it'll work out eventually! how was the gathering? driving was fine, even kinda enjoyed it :colondollar:

Sorry, started to try and tead through what I'd missed- wish I hadn't now :s-smilie: I hope so! It was alrightish thanks busy and felt completely **** at the beginning but it did get slightly better later on :smile: Good! Maybe next time you won't be so worried about it?

---
Sorry if anyone quoted me or anything last ten pages or so, will look in the morning maybe :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
Sorry, started to try and tead through what I'd missed- wish I hadn't now :s-smilie: I hope so! It was alrightish thanks busy and felt completely **** at the beginning but it did get slightly better later on :smile: Good! Maybe next time you won't be so worried about it?

---
Sorry if anyone quoted me or anything last ten pages or so, will look in the morning maybe :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah there was a bit of a **** storm :frown: oh well, at least it got better i guess, and it's over now :tongue: yeah ill probably go out again tomorrow for half an hour again, :dontknow: :smile:
yeah there was a bit of a **** storm :frown: oh well, at least it got better i guess, and it's over now :tongue: yeah ill probably go out again tomorrow for half an hour again, :dontknow: :smile:

So I gathered :frown: True! :smile: Could be a good idea so it stays as a good thing, if that makes sense? :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand voices! Yay! :sigh:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand voices! Yay! :sigh:

:hugs:

Latest