The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
this was me btw, damn anon thing won't untick agian for some reason

I thought as much :d Just trying to do stuff to ease my mind before i try and sleep proper. Yeah, anything to make it a little easier :tongue: It's a shame that a lot of stuff that helps is harmful in other aspects, or seems to help at a glance but doesn't.
Original post by Meaty_man
I thought as much :d Just trying to do stuff to ease my mind before i try and sleep proper. Yeah, anything to make it a little easier :tongue: It's a shame that a lot of stuff that helps is harmful in other aspects, or seems to help at a glance but doesn't.

fair enough, I sometimes find reading a bit can help myself, or an audibook/radio on quietly, though I can't really talk atm lol, my sleep is it's usual mess :tongue: yeah, such is life I suppose, the things we often find most helpful or enjoyable is often bad for us!
Original post by Anonymous
fair enough, I sometimes find reading a bit can help myself, or an audibook/radio on quietly, though I can't really talk atm lol, my sleep is it's usual mess :tongue: yeah, such is life I suppose, the things we often find most helpful or enjoyable is often bad for us!

:facepalm2: damn you anon!
Really don't want to go to school today. But, I'll have to because my parents will make me go in because they made me go in the other day when I had the headache from hell, and there's nothing visibly wrong with me today, and they have no idea about the anxiety and the panic attacks, which are pretty bad for me lately.
Still enjoying my uni commute in the morning. I think it's good for me and gives me time to work and think about the day and it also sections uni and home off a bit more if that makes sense? I do worry about falling asleep on the way home though and ending up miles and miles away on the train.

Still need to find somewhere in my uni town to stay the night so I can be there once a week for the PGCE school meetings that start at 7.55am but I'll worry about it later.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by guitaristemily
Really don't want to go to school today. But, I'll have to because my parents will make me go in because they made me go in the other day when I had the headache from hell, and there's nothing visibly wrong with me today, and they have no idea about the anxiety and the panic attacks, which are pretty bad for me lately.

Is there somebody at school that you could talk to? Teachers will come across is frequently. The school I'm currently in has a huge range of things they can do for those struggling with mental health issues so it's definitely worth reaching out if you can.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Is there somebody at school that you could talk to? Teachers will come across is frequently. The school I'm currently in has a huge range of things they can do for those struggling with mental health issues so it's definitely worth reaching out if you can.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think there is. I'm having yo go in anyway
I don't think there is. I'm having yo go in anyway

Talk to your form tutor or somebody in pastoral care. There will be help there for you. The hardest part is just asking for help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by purple-duck
:hi: I swear I thought you were a gal :confused: just because of the pic I guess :colondollar: (or I misread the introduction and you are a gal... :colondollar: :getmecoat:)
(And of course not that I've actually spoken to you - just went on the X-soc thing when I saw it had a star wars title I think :tongue: anyway......)

Welcome to the thread! :biggrin: :woo:

I'm purple-duck!

:wavey:

Don't worry about my gender :tongue: I'm not particularly fussy about which pronouns people use for me, but I tend to use male ones just for convenience (it's the gender I was assigned at birth).

:ahee: about the thread title :tongue:

Original post by ScaryScience
Thank you for the offer, that's really kind. I wouldn't want to bother you with my **** though. :colondollar: Also, the same goes to you, if you ever want a chat then feel free to PM me. Hope you sleep well and your appointment goes well :hugs:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand voices! Yay! :sigh:

:jumphug:

Hope you're better now hun. :hugs:
Original post by Odd socks
Also I'm gonna hopefully join my uni's LGBT society this year :smile:

Sorry, was just scrolling down the page and saw LGBT. Yay for LGBTness :ahee:

(I'm gay :tongue:)

Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
another week of...well...not much of anything...and more...not much of anything.

I mean I guess I could ask my mum for money to pop down a pub for a few pints, but on my own that's kinda sad really I guess, though the thought of getting plastered often appeals to me these days, anything to dull the thoughts in my head.

:jumphug:

:hugs:

I know how that feels. My parents know that I have depression but really don't understand it at all. Nor my social anxiety. :facepalm:

Original post by ParadoxSocks
Still enjoying my uni commute in the morning. I think it's good for me and gives me time to work and think about the day and it also sections uni and home off a bit more if that makes sense? I do worry about falling asleep on the way home though and ending up miles and miles away on the train.

Still need to find somewhere in my uni town to stay the night so I can be there once a week for the PGCE school meetings that start at 7.55am but I'll worry about it later.

Posted from TSR Mobile

PGCE?! You're brave :ahhhhh:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand voices! Yay! :sigh:

I hope you're feeling brighter :smile:
Wow. Should not be allowed caffeine. Currently BUZZZZZING.
Original post by Mazzini

:hugs: thanks

---

feel hungover even though I didn't drink :s-smilie: just super groggy, slept on & off since yesterday evening :/

woke up to find half my accounts with weird crap on them so have to resecure them with new passwords and stuff as well, deleted facebook till I can think of one, tempted to change details on there as now super paranoid, need to change my Skype password/details too.

sigh.

sometimes I wonder why I put up with the internet!
Original post by .snowflake.

:lol: I do that- one of my maths teachers used to give us tea in lessons, it wasn't a good idea :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hehehe that's what I get like :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile
first day of proper lectures! nervy to be back, especially because all the lecturers last week were full of "this is the most important year so far" and my heads all full of dissertation/graduation fears, but it should still be good to be back :biggrin:

worried my heads not ready to be back, stress-wise, but you never know :smile:
Original post by Team_McDreamy
first day of proper lectures! nervy to be back, especially because all the lecturers last week were full of "this is the most important year so far" and my heads all full of dissertation/graduation fears, but it should still be good to be back :biggrin:

good luck with your first day back :smile:
Original post by furryface12
:lol: I do that- one of my maths teachers used to give us tea in lessons, it wasn't a good idea :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

We used to sometimes get tea and biscuit lessons in German in my final year at school. One of the few perks of being in a class of 4...

Original post by james1211
Hehehe that's what I get like :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't use to, til I listened to Emma and cut out caffeine.

Original post by Team_McDreamy

-huggles- I'm scared my brain isn't ready either.
Original post by purple-duck
Ah awesome :smile: Glad you've got it all sorted then :biggrin: You'll be one of us! :eek: :awesome:

I think I still need to reply to you from a long time ago - sorry :sad:
Good to hear from you, though sorry you're not feeling great/feel you're getting worse :frown: :hugs:
Installed the Sims last week - thought you'd like to know :tongue: :gah:

:dance:

Spoiler

This made me chuckle :lol: :biggrin:

Riku!!!!!! :jumphug:
:hi:

Moved back into Uni house yesterday, term starts in 2 weeks! Summer been rather uneventful/boring/bleh-ish, but had a good half-week up in the lake district! :smile: How about you?

How're you doing? :smile:

:woo: That reminds me I need to start looking into swimming/buy a pass/actually go :colondollar:

Looks as though I've missed a couple of scuffles :colondollar:

Hope you're doing okay - sorry that meds are giving nausea side effects, sounds horrible :frown: Well done for managing to go to the bar and stuff though!

:frown: That sounds horrible - Hope it gets sorted quickly tomorrow - sorry for you and girlfriend too, hope she's feeling better soon :hugs:

:woo:

:frown: :hugs:

--------------------------------------

Eventful couple of days :biggrin:

So I may have arrived at my friends house for his party a day early... :colondollar: :lol: Luckily stayed with him fine/his family were fine - shame to have missed the party but oh well.

Moved into Uni house - it's so much nicer than I remembered/from pictures! They've given us all new bedroom furniture, and so with the good storage options and the fact I packed a lot less/more efficiently - have lots of free space/is all really good! (Even though the room's smaller)

saving space/tl;dr

I have no internet at home, besides some mobile internet - so sorry if I'm (even more) terrible at replying - but can at least reply to peeps in the office when others aren't around :smile: But yeah, feels so good to be back - was feeling so happy and good last night, morning was feeling bleh, but oh well.

ummmmmmm - and I think that that's it for now :colondollar: Off back home now I think - have some dinner and unpack the last box!

No, its fine! :smile: It's good to hear from you too. :smile:

I keep waking up and feeling different pain. Like right now my hands hurt. Both. Espically my baby finger on my right hand. What do i do at night. Build something?

Cool. :biggrin: I bought, ambitions expasion, im disappointed though. But still play it. I want to get my moneys worth. Wait. Do i sound tight now. :frown:
We used to sometimes get tea and biscuit lessons in German in my final year at school. One of the few perks of being in a class of 4...

I didn't use to, til I listened to Emma and cut out caffeine.

-huggles- I'm scared my brain isn't ready either.

There were five of us in further maths, which was why he did it I think! That and he didn't like two hour lessons...

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest