The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LucyJane
You might have already found this out but they give you the you're in the top 15%, middle x%, lower x%.

I haven't started it yet, cheers! :biggrin:
Reply 121
Good luck to everyone. It's a challenging process that will sometimes test your patience, but it's well worth it!
Been invited to the EAC open day and actual assessment day. Scary!!
Didn't realise how soon it would be. EAC on the 6th October >_<
Reply 123
Original post by ProbablyNoGod
Been invited to the EAC open day and actual assessment day. Scary!!
Didn't realise how soon it would be. EAC on the 6th October >_<

Wow, that's soon!

Congratulations and good luck :biggrin:
Reply 124
So that situational judgement test wasn't fun, I'm so glad that isn't assessed!

I've spent the day on-and-off doing the practices and doing quite well so just about the do the final verbal and numerical tests, *fingers crossed* !
I'm trying to figure out if taking the tests early or late will make any difference to your chances of passing. I wonder if taking them really late--after a lot of last-minute dosser types who aren't really that invested in getting into the scheme might have dragged the averages down a bit--might make it slightly easier to pass? I'm probably over-thinking this.
Reply 126
Original post by TritonSails
I'm trying to figure out if taking the tests early or late will make any difference to your chances of passing. I wonder if taking them really late--after a lot of last-minute dosser types who aren't really that invested in getting into the scheme might have dragged the averages down a bit--might make it slightly easier to pass? I'm probably over-thinking this.

Some people from last year's thread sorted this out with the aid of a current CSer.. you are marked against all the candidates who have taken these tests since the beginning, so even the full 20,000 or so (??) of us taking the tests this time around are just a little drop in the ocean of previous results!

They also don't set the final pass/fail results until all the tests have been completed. I suppose you could argue that the longer you wait, the shorter time you'll have to wait between completing the tests and hearing.. good for any nervous types :tongue:
Just taken mine now. Found the verbal ok, the maths hard and the competency fine. I struggled with the maths last time and got through as I know there was more weighting on the competency. I liked the non assessed judgment one- I wished that had been assessed! Im an oldie (graduated 15 yrs ago and been in full time employment since then) so I should find the competency stuff easier I guess. My maths is a bit rusty! Anyway, its done now. Waited 2 weeks for results last time so we'll see. If I don't get through Ill try again next year!
Reply 128
Is the competency questionnaire part of the application form?
Reply 129
Original post by norav27
Is the competency questionnaire part of the application form?

Nope, it forms part of the 'online tests' - numerical, verbal and finally competency.

You can take a break in between them though, within the 7 day limit.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 130
Original post by kat.lev
Nope, it forms part of the 'online tests' - numerical, verbal and finally competency.

You can take a break in between them though, within the 7 day limit.

That's strange! I passed the online numerical and verbal reasoning tests and the next stage for me is the "Full Application Form." Im applying for an analytical scheme
Reply 131
Original post by norav27
That's strange! I passed the online numerical and verbal reasoning tests and the next stage for me is the "Full Application Form." Im applying for an analytical scheme

Oops, I hadn't realised that the scheme worked differently for the different pathways!

Sorry for the misinformation.. what I wrote above is correct for the schemes I am applying for - EFS and Generalist.

You didn't miss out on anything though :biggrin:
Reply 132
Original post by kat.lev
Oops, I hadn't realised that the scheme worked differently for the different pathways!

Sorry for the misinformation.. what I wrote above is correct for the schemes I am applying for - EFS and Generalist.

You didn't miss out on anything though :biggrin:

Haha, oh no worries! :smile:
Argh, got the almost same answer again on both the tests! Top 30% for Numerical and bottom 65% for Verbal :frown: I've been practicing my verbal reasoning so much but I don't seem to be getting any better.
Applicants for the Analytical Fast Stream do not complete a competency questionnaire, but their application form is assessed and sifted. For most schemes, the actual application form is not assessed as part of the selection process.
Original post by dj_macky
Applicants for the Analytical Fast Stream do not complete a competency questionnaire, but their application form is assessed and sifted. For most schemes, the actual application form is not assessed as part of the selection process.

Wait, I thought if you get to the application stage then that is used as part of sifting?
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to clarify something quickly. For the European Fast Stream the application is open until the 3rd November 2014. Does this mean I can begin the application at any point up to that date or does it mean I have to finish certain parts of the application before that date. I was hoping someone could help me with this! Thank you
Original post by ChicagoSchool
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to clarify something quickly. For the European Fast Stream the application is open until the 3rd November 2014. Does this mean I can begin the application at any point up to that date or does it mean I have to finish certain parts of the application before that date. I was hoping someone could help me with this! Thank you

I think that's the latest you can start part 1 of the application. However considering how competitive it is I can't see any harm in applying earlier :yep:
Original post by ChicagoSchool
Hi everyone,

That's the deadline by which you need to have started the application and gotten as far as selecting your scheme. From that point you then have one week for each of the stages of online testing.

Applying early or late in the application window won't make any difference to your chances, so pick whatever time is best for your schedule.
This was posted on the Fast Stream facebook page recently - it might be useful for anyone wondering when they need to apply by, and what the timeline is for the application process.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending