The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
So why are Man Utd suddenly title contenders??? I hate the media so much.

Its the media we have in this country, its just so .....
Welbeck scores 2 goals for England and all of a sudden its a mistake that United made in letting him go and he's going to be the signing of the summer. Some of the things the media prints is cringeworthy.
Original post by shawn_o1
Would you rather support a financially stable club that enjoys the odd success, or a club that does not accept failure as an option because they just bought £200m worth of players?

So you're telling me you'd rather watch Arsenal win 1 trophy after the next 10 seasons? Arsenal are one of the biggest clubs in the country and should be aiming for trophies and winning them, not just competing in them.
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
So you're telling me you'd rather watch Arsenal win 1 trophy after the next 10 seasons? Arsenal are one of the biggest clubs in the country and should be aiming for trophies and winning them, not just competing in them.

the mistake he makes is thinking they are exlusive statements..

A club can potentially spend 200m on a window and still be financial viable and win trophies..
Reply 8863
Any news on Debuchy yet??
Original post by fallen_acorns
the mistake he makes is thinking they are exlusive statements..

A club can potentially spend 200m on a window and still be financial viable and win trophies..

Yeah bang on right.

Arsenal are only really a DM and a CB away from seriously challenging, maybe a world class ST would help aswell.
Arsenal defensive problems have got worse. Monreal has not travelled to Dortmund. Chambers, Gibbs and Bellerin all in squad #afc

Just waitin for the Kosc leg break now.
Reply 8866
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest

Fantastic.
We've brought this on ourselves...

One saving grace is that Dortmund are about the only club in the world with an equally poor injury record.
going into a season with only 6 defenders and a few junior players..

Was never going to cause any problems..
Reply 8869
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest

Vermalaen can play at LB decently, has played there for Belgium too
Original post by swarly
Vermalaen can play at LB decently, has played there for Belgium too

Yeah maybe that will help Barca somehow.

...? :rolleyes:
Reply 8871
Original post by e aí rapaz
Yeah maybe that will help Barca somehow.

...? :rolleyes:

Oh damn lol.

His WhoScored page still shows him as an Arsenal player. http://www.whoscored.com/Players/10209/Show/Thomas-Vermaelen

Who was brought in to replace him?
If you can't name seven substitutes on your bench then your team's injury problems must be shocking
Original post by swarly
Oh damn lol.

His WhoScored page still shows him as an Arsenal player. http://www.whoscored.com/Players/10209/Show/Thomas-Vermaelen

Who was brought in to replace him?

Nobody. We sold Verm and Sagna, loaned out Jenks, and bought in Chambers and Debuchy.

So we went from being short on defenders last year to being REALLY short on defenders this year.

Good huh?
I also think di Maria is a better player than Sanchez but is he really worth twice as much as him? I'd rather 2 sanchez than a di Maria for the same price. Also jenkinson is apparently injured too? I think starting bellerin would be a good decision as he's good going forward but he also has the pace to get back. I can see this match being a draw if I'm honest but think Dortmund with their high press can undo us when they inevitably steal the ball from the middle of the pitch from wilshere/ozil/arteta and then we get ****ed on the counter because our fullbacks are in the opponents final third.

Would take a 1-1 draw but hope for a 2-1 win. With alexis and Ramsey scoring don't think welbeck will get his goal here unless they're playing a high line in which case he could well be on the score sheet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So you literally have 1 LB, 2 CBs, and 1 RB. Then it's just youth players? :lol:
Original post by manchesterunited15
So you literally have 1 LB, 2 CBs, and 1 RB. Then it's just youth players? :lol:

2 lb's one of which is very injury prone. 2 Cb's one rb/cb who is a youth and 1 rb.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8877
Original post by e aí rapaz
Nobody. We sold Verm and Sagna, loaned out Jenks, and bought in Chambers and Debuchy.

So we went from being short on defenders last year to being REALLY short on defenders this year.

Good huh?

#wengerknows
Original post by manchesterunited15

If i was an Arsenal fan, i'd cry if Arsenal lost another first team defender to injury. Then they could start Flamini (or most likely a youth CB) as a CB like we did a couple seasons back when we were short of CBs and started Carrick there :lol:.
Original post by Numan786
2 lb's one of which is very injury prone. 2 Cb's one rb/cb who is a youth and 1 rb.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I mean currently though, Debuchy's injured and isn't Monreal too

Latest