The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Visit website

Has anyone done SK143 or S142 science modules?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Glad to have found other people who have enrolled on those module :smile: how you all feeling about starting? Nerves starting to kick in a little?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Visit website
Reply 21
My SK143 materials came today :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Have any of you made a start of reading the books for SK143 yet? I've made a start of the heart disease book. Seems easy enough and interesting so far :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
I'm halfway through the heart disease book. I'm finding it quite easy and enjoyable :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Hi, could you do me a huge favour and advice me how many pages the 2 books are each? And a list of when the assessments are?

I'm trying to decide if I should add that to the current SDK125 module I'm signed up to, but I have no overview of work involved, as haven't yet got my material (or able to access it online) as only just signed up!

Thanks
I did start S142, but dropped it as I changed direction on to OpenPlus (chemistry at uni of Reading) xD

My only beef with it was that the final book (microbiology) is only available online. You don't get an actual book. :/
Then again; my current course, S215, is also entirely online.. why are they doing this?! lol!

If you're doing biology, then yeah, as two of those books are heavy on biology subjects.
Original post by CandyKoRn
I did start S142, but dropped it as I changed direction on to OpenPlus (chemistry at uni of Reading) xD

My only beef with it was that the final book (microbiology) is only available online. You don't get an actual book. :/
Then again; my current course, S215, is also entirely online.. why are they doing this?! lol!

If you're doing biology, then yeah, as two of those books are heavy on biology subjects.

Microbiology you get a book.. Molecules and medicine one is online only

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lambert87
Microbiology you get a book.. Molecules and medicine one is online only

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's the one. xD Couldn't remember which as I literally only received the materials then came off the course a couple of days later.
Original post by CandyKoRn
That's the one. xD Couldn't remember which as I literally only received the materials then came off the course a couple of days later.

It's a boring course in the end... S205 (your on S215) is amazing though! If you need help let me know :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Ah, just realised I didn't specify the course I was after details for..
I'm thinking of doing SK147 - Topics in Health Science. Already signed up for SKD125 Introduction to Health Science..

Could anyone give some clues to workload for these two? I have a reasonable understanding of the topics and done lots of (other) studies in the last 10 years, so it's not new for me to learn/study.

Thanks
Reply 30
Do you mean SK143? the heart disease and cancer module? I've just started it and from what I can tell, it will be quite an easy and enjoyable course. A lot of it we will already know if we have an interest in health and science already. I think the hardest part will be getting used to the proper medical terminology.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 31
How you guys feeling about starting this week?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, I too am just about to start Health Sciences full time. My chosen modules are: SDK125, SK143 and DE100.
I can't wait, nice to find a place where fellow students are :smile:
Reply 33
I am hovering between S142 and S143 - I'm so tempted by by S142 because I can pick it up in Feb, whereas SK143 will mean me studying 120 credits next October. But I will likely find it more interesting. No clue what to do haha!
Reply 34
Just tried the practice iCMA for SK143 and it seemed easy enough! Lets hope the real iCMAs are just as easy! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi spock socks,
Im also doing sk143 it seems easy,the first iCMA questions are going to be available on 9th october will you have the same questions has me? if so we could help eachother out if e have the same questions i think they are going to be multiple choice.btw wat course are you doing? im doing an open degree.good luck with this module.
Reply 36
I don't know if the questions will be the same.

I am doing BSc (hons) Natural Sciences (biology pathway) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lubna jebeen
Hi spock socks,
Im also doing sk143 it seems easy,the first iCMA questions are going to be available on 9th october will you have the same questions has me? if so we could help eachother out if e have the same questions i think they are going to be multiple choice.btw wat course are you doing? im doing an open degree.good luck with this module.

They won't be the same, there is a Bucket of questions... Don't help each other out (well don't get caught) as your screwed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi spock socks my first question in the icma is about about figure 1.7 how about yours?
Reply 39
I don't know, I haven't checked. Plus, we aren't allowed to discuss iCMAs really so best just to keep them to ourselves.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest