The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 8472
How has college been? :h:

Sorry for the slow reply, been without internet :frown: College is going fine but I've been set like no work so far which seems weird. I feel like it's all going to pile on soon. I also found out on Friday I'm getting to go to Auschwitz with the Holocaust Educational Trust which is exciting (although I feel like people are judging me for saying I'm excited). How's college been for you?
Original post by foreverstrong_97
I suggest you don't apply to Cambridge only because they put a lot of emphasis on your AS grades and not only that but your UMS marks too. What uni's are you looking at? Have you done your UKCAT?

Yup I've done the UKCAT.. 2710, so not bad but not brilliant either :/ I'm now considering, imperial, ucl, Bristol and either Sheffield or Southampton, still unsure
Reply 2122
Original post by emcat
Sorry for the slow reply, been without internet :frown: College is going fine but I've been set like no work so far which seems weird. I feel like it's all going to pile on soon. I also found out on Friday I'm getting to go to Auschwitz with the Holocaust Educational Trust which is exciting (although I feel like people are judging me for saying I'm excited). How's college been for you?

Seems perfectly reasonable to me for you to be excited it. :dontknow:

Better than the first year. :h: Lots of tests and work to do. :sad:
Original post by 8472
Seems perfectly reasonable to me for you to be excited it. :dontknow:

Better than the first year. :h: Lots of tests and work to do. :sad:

I just feel like people are like 'Why are you so excited to go to somewhere so dark?' but I'm like why wouldn't I be excited to get to go there?!

That's good :smile: I'm starting to get suspicious of how little work I've been given yet. It almost feels like the teachers are up to something.
Reply 2124
Original post by emcat
I just feel like people are like 'Why are you so excited to go to somewhere so dark?' but I'm like why wouldn't I be excited to get to go there?!

That's good :smile: I'm starting to get suspicious of how little work I've been given yet. It almost feels like the teachers are up to something.

Make the most of the lack of work. :lol: yeah i'm sure one day you'll just dumped on with a load of work. :frown:
Original post by 8472
Make the most of the lack of work. :lol: yeah i'm sure one day you'll just dumped on with a load of work. :frown:

Haha, I am. I'm amazed by how many episodes of Grey's Anatomy I can watch on a school night.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Fawkesgirl33
I'm applying to do English Lit., and the more definite it becomes the more I' m thinking that I'm making a mistake. I'm going to miss all of my other subjects so much! I feel like there are so many options, and I'm missing out on all of them. Yet I do really love English Lit. , I'm just realising that there's less than a year left before I have to give up on the other subjects that I love.

Is there another subject you'd like to do as a joint honours?? I felt the same that I didn't want to drop to just one so I'm doing a joint honours :smile: at first the careers adviser suggested social sciences so there'd be more than one but I didn't like all of the topics it touched on, but I don't know anything like that based on english :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
I went for my first house party of the academic year Saturday and now I feel truly settled into the school year :cool:
Original post by blamethenargles
I went for my first house party of the academic year Saturday and now I feel truly settled into the school year :cool:

No way me too
Original post by L'Evil Fish
No way me too

Was it an 18th birthday party??? :blow:

I had my first hangover at college of the year on friday after a night out :') definitely settled into year 13 now:')
Was it an 18th birthday party??? :blow:

Indeed it was haha

Was good fun
Original post by Meli.Hardege
I had my first hangover at college of the year on friday after a night out :') definitely settled into year 13 now:')

Congratulations!:hahaha: I still haven't had a hangover yet, I hope I'm immune or something

Indeed it was haha

Was good fun

Maybe we were at the same one we were just hidden from each other or something:headbang:
Congratulations!:hahaha: I still haven't had a hangover yet, I hope I'm immune or something

How likely do you think that is? :tongue: I'm hoping I have the same thing :lol:

Maybe we were at the same one we were just hidden from each other or something:headbang:

Lol if you were at the one I was at we'd be hearing lots about that night

Was crazy
Original post by MangoFreak
How likely do you think that is? :tongue: I'm hoping I have the same thing :lol:

Not very unfortunately :sigh: BUT THERE IS STILL HOPE YET!

Lol if you were at the one I was at we'd be hearing lots about that night

Was crazy

Ours was pretty average crazy to be honest, so probably not:nah:
I mean, the birthday girl passed out after drinking an insane amount and some people gatecrashed from my friend's band and then stole a slab of the birthday girl's garden path but ayyyyy

Ours was pretty average crazy to be honest, so probably not:nah:
I mean, the birthday girl passed out after drinking an insane amount and some people gatecrashed from my friend's band and then stole a slab of the birthday girl's garden path but ayyyyy

I'm really glad I didn't go to the 18th I was invited to this weekend. It sounds like one guy's drink was spiked and he ripped up a fence and caused £800 worth of damage... and someone else let the neighbour's cows out which caused chaos in the morning. Rather crazy. Hopefully the rest won't be as bad as that!
Original post by LeFailFish
I'm really glad I didn't go to the 18th I was invited to this weekend. It sounds like one guy's drink was spiked and he ripped up a fence and caused £800 worth of damage... and someone else let the neighbour's cows out which caused chaos in the morning. Rather crazy. Hopefully the rest won't be as bad as that!

Oh my goodness! Usually with ours there's always one or two people that don't drink to kind of look after the rest so people don't get too reckless... but wow... that's insane!! Good thing you weren't there, I remember a girl in my year hosted a house party a couple of years ago without her parents knowing and someone smashed the sink in their newly refurbished bathroom!

Drink lots of water before you fall asleep, prevents hangovers
Original post by Bude8
Drink lots of water before you fall asleep, prevents hangovers

Okay, thanks!! :-D

Latest