The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by swarly
but if it continues, do you expect to see a 3 at the back formation at some point? with Flamini at CB, and Walcott and Sanchez as wingbacks

lol
It gets to the point where you kinda hope something retarded like that happens so that fans/wenger/the board will see how ridiculous our transfer policy is.
Reply 8902
Original post by manchesterunited15
lol

Chesney
Chambers Mertesacker Flamini
Walcott ......................................... Sanchez
Arteta

Ozil Ramsey
Sanogo Welbeck

Wilshere and Koscielny are bound to break at some point. Ramsey too, sub him out for Cazorla.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by swarly

Chesney
Arteta

Ozil Ramsey
Sanogo Welbeck

Wilshere and Koscielny are bound to break at some point. Ramsey too, sub him out for Cazorla.

that team lmao

a defence consisting of a teenager, a midfielder and the slowest player ever, with Arteta shielding them :biggrin:
'Bellerin will be an attacking full back like Gibbs'

lol is Gibbs an attacking fullback
mertesacker vs aubamyang tomorrow 34 pace vs 95 pace loooooooool

if this was fifa, we would get bum raped. thank god it ain't. but man like bosscielny will have aubamyang/ramos/immobile on lockkkkkk
Hector Bellerin...yet another Arsenal youth academy product and/or British player coming through then.

Are we doing it right?

Original post by G pu thgiartS
'Bellerin will be an attacking full back like Gibbs'

lol is Gibbs an attacking fullback

Gibbs cant cross, at all.

I quite like Gibbs but he's basically made a career out of being athletic and being able to cover alot of ground for 90m. As long as you dont make mistakes then you can get away with that as a wing back though, so long as your LW comes up with the attacking goods.
(edited 9 years ago)
I reckon we can definitely beat BVB tomorrow night but we'd be a lot smarter to play a very conservative game since BVB can still tear our defence limb from limb with their collective breaks if we get stupid. They probably dont have the individual quality to cause us much problems if we stay organised however so we really should just try to draw them out and hit them with Welbeck, Sanchez, Wilshere on the counter.

A draw is absolutely fine and achievable so I really hope we dont do what we always do and find a way to make a mountain out of this.
Is Reus fit for tomorrow?
Gary Neville's analysis on Arsenal just now was spot on. We're being written of after just four games but what he's said was absolutely refreshing. It just shows that certain tactical problems to do with the whole team is our downfall in big games, we switch off. We're too risky at the back with sloppy, lazy passes. Scznz is our demon in disguise most times, his distribution is what causes us to concede goals far to often. The team is naive and inexperienced (especially Scznz), why not give Ospina a crack? Carragher says we lack the mentality in big games, when play stops the players quite literally just stand there and have a casual chat (As demonstrated by Flamini and Koscielny) we're supposed to be re grouping and pushing higher up the pitch, closing people down. Left backs and right backs pressing too high, too attacking, leaving space for the opposition. Exactly how Aguero's goal came about. Navas exploited that space and thus created an assist.Then a little analysis about our TW dealings, yeah Welbeck is alright according to Carragher but as he says why couldn't we push on for a Felipe Luiz or a Diego Costa? What are we saying to our rivals? There's such lapses of concentration in this team, an aspect that a title contending team can't conform to.

Just a little summary on what was said before the Hull West Ham game. Brilliant assessment.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8910
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
but what he's said was absolutely refreshing.

Just a little summary on what was said before the Hull West Ham game. Brilliant assessment.

:rofl:

lel the same has been said for seasons now.

little has changed since Gilberto left. Arsenal are a club in inertia, which Wenger actually embodies and portrays on the pitch how you pass around the box and control possession with little end product.

literally the exact same was said on MNF after the same fixture last season. Carragher said players switch off tactically, and it was a corner and Cazorla was picking his nose (this is why I remember, Carragher picked up on it and I was like lol), and didnt protect his zone as someone ran in and scored.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by swarly
:rofl:

lel the same has been said for seasons now.

little has changed since Gilberto left. Arsenal are a club in inertia, which Wenger actually embodies and portrays on the pitch how you pass around the box and control possession with little end product.

literally the exact same was said on MNF after the same fixture last season. Carragher said players switch off tactically, and it was a corner and Cazorla was picking his nose (this is why I remember, Carragher picked up on it and I was like lol), and didnt protect his zone as someone ran in and scored.

Nevertheless it was a brilliant assessment end of. We've been blinded by one or two flashy signings yet the same problems persists.

It was you that gave me that 'kind' personal rating init.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Stalin
Is Reus fit for tomorrow?

Nope, also Ilkay Gundogan remains out and is joined by Nuri Sahin, Jakub Blaszczykowski and Mats Hummels. There's also other people.
Reply 8913
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Nevertheless it was a brilliant assessment end of. We've been blinded by one or two flashy signings yet the same problems persists.

It was you that gave me that 'kind' personal rating init.

nothing new. yes inertia. nothing changed since Gilberto left. think back to flashy signings like Arshavin etc. etc.

?? You mean PM? :lol:
Original post by swarly
nothing new. yes inertia. nothing changed since Gilberto left. think back to flashy signings like Arshavin etc. etc.

?? You mean PM? :lol:

Lol you're so weird. No not the PM, the personal rating. Someone gave me one 'expressing their opinion' someone with four gems so I thought it might be you :lol:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kruz
Nope, also Ilkay Gundogan remains out and is joined by Nuri Sahin, Jakub Blaszczykowski and Mats Hummels. There's also other people.

All those players are ruled out for tomorrow?!?
Original post by Kruz

Original post by swarly

Chesney
Arteta

Ozil Ramsey
Sanogo Welbeck

Is this supposed to be a 'wtf do we do if Kos, Gibbs, Monreal and Giroud are out' formation?

Szczesny
Bellerin Flamini Mertesacker Chambers
Arteta Ramsey
Walcott Ozil Alexis
Welbeck

Could even switch Alexis and Walcott in order to give Bellerin a bit more cover if we're playing against a decent outfit.
Original post by Zürich
Hector Bellerin...yet another Arsenal youth academy product and/or British player coming through then.

Are we doing it right?

Bellerin is a youth product of Barca's La Masia, not Arsenal.
Original post by Zürich
I reckon we can definitely beat BVB tomorrow night but we'd be a lot smarter to play a very conservative game since BVB can still tear our defence limb from limb with their collective breaks if we get stupid. They probably dont have the individual quality to cause us much problems if we stay organised however so we really should just try to draw them out and hit them with Welbeck, Sanchez, Wilshere on the counter.

A draw is absolutely fine and achievable so I really hope we dont do what we always do and find a way to make a mountain out of this.

Same.

Since it's away I think you'll draw but you can definitely beat this Dortmund side that they've put out.

Latest