The Student Room Group

Audiology - September 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GEEKHELP
do you mean universities in general? or just those that do audiology? either way yes a lot of uni's go through clearing. For audiology I think all of them went through clearing but some filled up mega fast while others took a couple of days and even a week or more

Yes audiology I meant. And regards clearing I thought this means you can get in with lower grades than the entry reuiqremnts?
Original post by Student23478
Yes audiology I meant. And regards clearing I thought this means you can get in with lower grades than the entry reuiqremnts?

no clearing is for people who didn't get into their choice uni..other uni's don't usually lower their grades(esp not for healthcare) they want people who got good grades to come to their uni. If you got at ABB in a2 you'll have no trouble getting into audiology even if you were not offered a place when you applied
Reply 342
Hi, If you dont mind me asking what subject did you study at undergraduate level and did you have any experience/shadowing when you applied for MSc Audiology at Manchester. I am currently a undergraduate Psychology Student but finding it really difficult to gain shadowing experience, I am getting no's from everywhere. And is there any advice you could give me for my application. I am really stuck and would really appreciate some help. thank you :smile:
Original post by GEEKHELP
no clearing is for people who didn't get into their choice uni..other uni's don't usually lower their grades(esp not for healthcare) they want people who got good grades to come to their uni. If you got at ABB in a2 you'll have no trouble getting into audiology even if you were not offered a place when you applied

So You feel with aduiology there will defo be places up through clearing and if you get ABB/ABC you will get in? I would agree with that!
Has anyone applied/ got any offers yet? My application is currently being processed by UCAS but a girl in my class has got offers off Middlesex and Aston.
Original post by zoelizabeth
Has anyone applied/ got any offers yet? My application is currently being processed by UCAS but a girl in my class has got offers off Middlesex and Aston.

When did you she get her offers and was it for audiology aswell, so far i only got a offer from de Montfort and I sent my application off on 2nd of October
Reply 346
Have been invited to an interview for Healthcare Sciences (Audiology) at Middlesex but all the interview dates are full and have been since I got the invitation. So frustrating! I've been told to keep checking online but nothing has changed in two weeks. I don't want to miss out on this interview, but there is nothing I can do :frown:

Has anyone managed to book a place on any of these interview days at Middlesex?
Has anyone had a interview at Manchester uni for audiology? :smile:
did you happen to go to swansea?
Original post by MariaFatima
Has anyone had a interview at Manchester uni for audiology? :smile:

did you get in and with what grades if you did?
Hi, I'm trying to decide between two degree's, one radiograpy and the other audiology. I've got the grades I need to apply for both but struggling to decide between them! Anyone who is/has done either course that could give me some info onthem would be fab!
Reply 351
Original post by Jessie1605
Hi, I'm trying to decide between two degree's, one radiograpy and the other audiology. I've got the grades I need to apply for both but struggling to decide between them! Anyone who is/has done either course that could give me some info onthem would be fab!

Anything specific you'd like to know about Audiology?
Perhaps say like, what you do on a daily baisis, what the job involves, is their promotions within the job etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending