The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm going smart casual so white blazer, top, black trousers, nude courts. :P
I'm arriving at Waterloo at around 1pm and arriving at the Festival probs at around 1.30pm, providing I don't get lost...
Original post by Abdul-Karim
It was fine tbh, talked about the do's and don'ts in applications. The general consensus was don't lie and link experiences on CVs to what competiencies were developed. A good networking opportunity however, managed to have some nice conversations flowing with two traders, got them on LI. A sweet insight into the companies ethics. I submitted mine a while back but HR said submitting this early is fairly useless as they won't start looking at them until they sort out the penultimates. Mid-Oct is the sweet spot with CS, I reckon.

bro chill, you applied in august haha?! did you get some sort of email after the verb and num tests to say passed?
Original post by welcometoib
bro chill, you applied in august haha?! did you get some sort of email after the verb and num tests to say passed?

Haven't even been given the tests yet :K:

... you get them immediately after submitting app. go to your app online, and there should be a big blue link that takes you to the verbal assessment!

Check with HR. Should be immediate, but they may suspect a duplicate account if you applied to a CS programme previously with a different email.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol I'm using this event as an excuse to go to London partly...
The schedule for the BN Festival looks slightly packed so I guess I need to plan where I'm going to be at haha. I'll probably arrive half an hour early.
Original post by Aenigma
Check with HR. Should be immediate, but they may suspect a duplicate account if you applied to a CS programme previously with a different email.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by welcometoib
... you get them immediately after submitting app. go to your app online, and there should be a big blue link that takes you to the verbal assessment!

Never mind just found out that I haven't submitted CS yet. I submitted it for the Steps to Spring and sub-consiosuly mistook it for the spring weeks :lol:
Why is there no spring week stalking page listing candidates credentials and applications in the same way that there is for university admissions so you can keep track of when firms start giving interviews and offers etc? The format is certainly easier to inspect than dozens of pages of conversation
Reply 808
Original post by Drossell
Why is there no spring week stalking page listing candidates credentials and applications in the same way that there is for university admissions so you can keep track of when firms start giving interviews and offers etc? The format is certainly easier to inspect than dozens of pages of conversation

Because no one can be bothered updating it every time something changes.
Original post by Drossell

That's most likely because no one has set one up yet? But this is a good idea, so I'll set up next week if nobody beats me to it beforehand :yep:
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
There's really no sweet spot for when to apply. Apply when you know your CV, CL and testing skills aren't going to get any better

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wise words :smile:
Original post by MathsNerd1
That's most likely because no one has set one up yet? But this is a good idea, so I'll set up next week if nobody beats me to it beforehand :yep:

Much appreciated
So for the BN festival tomorrow, is everyone going suited!?
Original post by Kuchkuchhotahai
So for the BN festival tomorrow, is everyone going suited!?

Seems to be what the majority of us have decided :yep:
Seems to be what the majority of us have decided :yep:

Wicked :smile:
Wicked :smile:

Are you doing the morning or afternoon session?
Are you doing the morning or afternoon session?

Afternoon session.. I was too late to apply for the morning session :rolleyes:

What about yourself?
Afternoon session.. I was too late to apply for the morning session :rolleyes:

What about yourself?

Same position you're in :yep:
Reply 818
Original post by CD315
Personally, yes. I think they value extra curriculars and leadership experience etc. a lot more, although someone correct me here if I'm wrong.

I agree it's harder. Their cohort is 70-90% Oxbridge and they accept way fewer interns as well.
Wait I'm confused. Do uni 1st years apply for SW or the 2nd years? Isn't it a bit too early to apply if you've just started uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile