The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Odd socks
Forgot I said I'd replace the burst lightbulb in the toilet :frown: feel like I'm a **** flatmate

Posted from TSR Mobile

for about a month in third year we weere robbing light bulbs from different rooms in the house.
its not difficult to forget. dont worry about it.

possibly write it on your hand for tomorrow to remind yourself?
Original post by Sabertooth
Brilliant. Thanks TLG! Hope you're doing alright? :smile:

No worries! Don't beat yourself up if you don't manage to go, btw :hugs:

I'm alright, just exhausted :o:

Original post by tasha96
It went well. :woo:

:woo:

Original post by ScaryScience
Im a ****ing horrible person. what is wrong with me. erigfibvis

Not at all lovely - don't think that! :hugs: Good luck with hospital :hugs:

Original post by Mazzini
Or, if you turn up earlier than expected, just pretend (:angel: :ninja:) to be really deep in prayer and/or meditation so no one disturbs you. Though I'm not sure if that's acceptable in Catholic churches :o:

It's totes acceptable and a very good idea :ahee:

Original post by tasha96
Walls screaming snd we neeed to run to gwt out now

We don't need to run sweetie :no: Are you on Facebook? Will pop over there in a second in case you wanna chat :hugs:
Original post by PandaWho
dunno, she was saying shes struggling with everything, so iv said i would take something on if she didnt want to, and she hasnt said a word about it, and i could have had it done already... i feel like iv upset her cos i agree with the other assistant leader over her!

i have a rugby shirt, and a hoodie.
i may wear another hoodie that technically is uniform, but i wear them on "normal" days, and isnt from this area... i guess its not my fault if im not in uniform considering i havnt been told...
just scared to go incase shes upset with me!

I'm afraid I can't say then :s-smilie: It's pretty childish of her to ignore you tbh when you're trying to help - I'd hope she isn't ignoring you! I often end up just forgetting to check emails sometimes. :dontknow:

Original post by lauraaaaa
:lol: i bought a bright lime green sandwich toaster today...yano, the essentials :wink: it turns out stationary shopping is next week instead :cry2: and yeah i agree about whsmith website, its kinda rubbish! i found some gorgeoussssss stationary in john lewis today but mother wouldn't let me get any yet :frown: i think im gonna get folders when i get there, or just buy normal ring binders, rather than massive lever arch files i had for sixth form to begin with!

yeah freshers starts on september 28th, and lectures start a week after that, but i also have some freshers events the week after! luckily i have the friday off after the event during lectures :tongue: im super excited, but i also fear for my health with all the alcohol that i will, no doubt, stupidly consume :lol:

:lol: I almost bought something like that today - not lime green, but a sandwich toaster/george foreman kinda thing :tongue: Don't have a toaster here yet :sad:
Oh no! :eek: Can you not drive yourself there? :biggrin: Fun drive + stationary! :teeth: :tongue:
Poor Laura :frown: :console: I'm going for a mix of lever arch and ring binders I think next year - I mean for the last 3 years (well, tbh for the last ever, but A-levels + degree sort of want for folders) I've never really filed, or at least left it til the end of the year :tongue: but going to try and keep on top of things this year :yep:

busy busy busy :biggrin: Haha :tongue: so long as you're game for that kinda thing :lol: I know that if you don't want to drink then generally people were fine I found :dontknow: Though then that was partly just because I never drank, I suppose :colondollar:

Original post by furryface12
I took the dog a walk earlier (not that that was a very sensible thing to do probably :colondollar:) and it didn't seem to make any difference, probably if it's anxiety-related it would though as for me certainly walking definitely helps de-stress! Kind of shaking all over, it's nowhere near as bad as it was earlier though.

Yeah, I normally just call it CFS though as that's what my GP calls it :dontknow: Good, at least that means there might be an end to it all at some point! I have got better at managing it which is definitely a good thing, as Tibbz said earlier though I wish it would just go away :tongue:

How are you? :smile:

Ah that's a shame :/ yeah I guess so :redface: I think it's partly too just getting rid of excess energy/adrenaline for fight/flight stuff, at least that was why I went on one :colondollar:
Oh :frown: Hope it cuts out soon! Found it really weird when it happened to me :s-smilie:

Ah okay :redface: Yeah - well certainly it gets more manageable I think - I haven't spoken to him for ages, but if he's doing his degree then he must be doing fairly well! - and brother hasn't said anything about him struggling when I've asked how he is.
That is good :smile:

I'm okay thanks - wrote the bit below and then took a break and now writing now, and feeling down-ish again :s-smilie: I guess I'm just tired :dontknow: During today though been buzzing and feeling better than I have in weeks! :smile: Hope you're doing okay :s-smilie: :hugs:

That's what I'm worried about - the chatter part! :tongue: :colondollar: I think if someone comes up to me I might melt into the floor.

I like the sound of biscuits!

Sorry, I misread your original post I think :colondollar: Realise now I was sorta trying to highlight ways you could talk to peeps, rather than avoid it :redface: :getmecoat:

Sometimes there was cake too! One lady made the best rice crispy cakes :drool: :tongue:

I hope it goes well, whatever you decide :smile:

Original post by IDukem
I know, but previous experiences has really tainted my view :frown: I did and that made me feel great, yet here I am petrified that I'll get another case of people blanking me and me being able to forge friendships :redface:

Thank you! That's really kind of you to say :h:

:frown: :hugs: I'm sure you'll be fine - I'm guessing you'll be joining some of the music appreciation societies at least? (I think you're pretty into your rock, right?) There'll be people there who you can get along with I'm sure! And of course I forgot you have all your lectures and things with course mates! :smile:

Original post by Tibbz2
Yeah tiredness is probably the most annoying part of CFS for me, when I have my worse days I feel dreadful, like really dreadful :/

Thanks, and no I haven't been here before, but I think I'll stay, seems cosy :tongue:

:/ can imagine it being horrible :frown: I know that when I'd been worse with depression that no motivation is just the worst, luckily most of the time not that bad.

You should :biggrin: It is :yep: Very cosy. :h:

Original post by guitaristemily
im so glad i havent had an attack today. i hope one doesnt sneak up on me during the later part of this eveing, or the early part of this morning.

Glad you've been okay for today :redface: Hope tomorrow's fine too

Original post by tasha96
It went well. :woo:

Well done :smile:
Lots of :hugs: to you

Im a ****ing horrible person. what is wrong with me. erigfibvis

Lots of :hugs: to you too - you are definitely not a horrible person - you're always so lovely and kind to everyone here!
Hope hospital's okay :hugs:

-------------------------------

Had a great day! :smile:
Set up internet (super speedily too! :eek: Thought it'd take a week but working already! :smile: Plus no installation costs which I thought I'd have to barter about or something :s-smilie:) also bought my bus pass for the year! (far too expensive :eek: but will be fine :biggrin:)
So yeah, had a nice wander through town and ikea and things, bought an awesome rubber band ball in wilkinsons :tongue: (I may or may not have a rubber band gun... :ninja:)

Now trying to decide whether to go see ducks or not - thinking it's probably best I just get on with an email to property manager person, have a good relax then get some sleep :redface: (Sorry ducks :sad:)

but yeah - been awesome!

Edit: Came back to this after internet-ing a bit, back to feeling down again, though I guess I'm just tired maybe :s-smilie: Going to get some sleep now I think.
:five:
i was never a ranger, but i was a young leader from 14-18 and a lone senior section member :woo:
you going to do your ALQ??

seriously DONT be jealous. a coach load of brownies, i think it was 16 hours each way. i could have murdered a couple of the girls! haha i spent the first night crying.
that sounds fun!
if i hadnt have moved, i could have potentially just got back from Sangam :O but i moved :sad:
i want to go abroad on my guiding journey, but a bit scared :tongue:

I helped at a brownie sleepover (with recorders- long story!) which was bad enough, so I can imagine! Ok I really would have been jealous then :tongue: Yeah I would be, my friend has done loadssss of stuff with it in the UK and abroad (I think!) but that's through her mum, I've done virtually nothing, infact I barely even managed to go to meetings last year :redface: Still need to decide about this year, too...

Posted from TSR Mobile
off to hospital I go. when will this ever ****ing end? I cannot endure this any more.

:hugs: :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by purple-duck
Ah that's a shame :/ yeah I guess so :redface: I think it's partly too just getting rid of excess energy/adrenaline for fight/flight stuff, at least that was why I went on one :colondollar:
Oh :frown: Hope it cuts out soon! Found it really weird when it happened to me :s-smilie:

Ah okay :redface: Yeah - well certainly it gets more manageable I think - I haven't spoken to him for ages, but if he's doing his degree then he must be doing fairly well! - and brother hasn't said anything about him struggling when I've asked how he is.
That is good :smile:

I'm okay thanks - wrote the bit below and then took a break and now writing now, and feeling down-ish again :s-smilie: I guess I'm just tired :dontknow: During today though been buzzing and feeling better than I have in weeks! :smile: Hope you're doing okay :s-smilie: :hugs:

Set up internet (super speedily too! :eek: Thought it'd take a week but working already! :smile: Plus no installation costs which I thought I'd have to barter about or something :s-smilie:) also bought my bus pass for the year! (far too expensive :eek: but will be fine :biggrin:)
So yeah, had a nice wander through town and ikea and things, bought an awesome rubber band ball in wilkinsons :tongue: (I may or may not have a rubber band gun... :ninja:)

Now trying to decide whether to go see ducks or not - thinking it's probably best I just get on with an email to property manager person, have a good relax then get some sleep :redface: (Sorry ducks :sad:)

but yeah - been awesome!

Edit: Came back to this after internet-ing a bit, back to feeling down again, though I guess I'm just tired maybe :s-smilie: Going to get some sleep now I think.

That also makes sense! Walking's good, either way :smile:

He must be if he's doing a degree! There are definitely ways of coping with it, I'm just not always the best at them and carry on regardless until I crash :hide:

Good that you've been feeling better, sorry about the now bit but if the rest of today's been good then that's an improvement to be pleased with! :yep:
I'm alrightish, chest gone completely off into the world of ****ty repeated asthma attacks but hey, can't have everything...

That was quick with internet sorting! :eek: Sounds better than ours normally :tongue: Ooh, rubber band gun :colone: Duckie housemates beware!

GO SEE DUCKS! :biggrin: Actually, be sensible and email person :shakecane: I don't know, I hate decisions :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
:lol: I almost bought something like that today - not lime green, but a sandwich toaster/george foreman kinda thing :tongue: Don't have a toaster here yet :sad:
Oh no! :eek: Can you not drive yourself there? :biggrin: Fun drive + stationary! :teeth: :tongue:
Poor Laura :frown: :console: I'm going for a mix of lever arch and ring binders I think next year - I mean for the last 3 years (well, tbh for the last ever, but A-levels + degree sort of want for folders) I've never really filed, or at least left it til the end of the year :tongue: but going to try and keep on top of things this year :yep:

busy busy busy :biggrin: Haha :tongue: so long as you're game for that kinda thing :lol: I know that if you don't want to drink then generally people were fine I found :dontknow: Though then that was partly just because I never drank, I suppose :colondollar:

i wanted red but they'd sold out so, lime green it was! at least i know its mine :lol: as long as it does the job im not too fussed! my mom is paying for the stationary though so no, i can't :cry2: haha! yeah i think im just gonna get some ring binders for now, some pretty ring binders, and then see how it pans out throughout the year :tongue: i ALWAYS file, it helps me stress less if everything is organised, and i like to section off each thing, it gets a bit ridiculous really :colondollar:

im sort of game for drinking! im not game for LOADS of drinking, but if im going to a club then i definitely need to drink in order to have a good time, cos being at a club when sober is just **** :lol: we'll see how it goes! :') did you have a good day?
Original post by Mazzini
Or, if you turn up earlier than expected, just pretend (:angel: :ninja:) to be really deep in prayer and/or meditation so no one disturbs you. Though I'm not sure if that's acceptable in Catholic churches :o:

:rofl: dude, that made me laugh waaaay too much :tongue:

Sorry, I misread your original post I think :colondollar: Realise now I was sorta trying to highlight ways you could talk to peeps, rather than avoid it :redface: :getmecoat:

Sometimes there was cake too! One lady made the best rice crispy cakes :drool: :tongue:

I hope it goes well, whatever you decide :smile:

but yeah - been awesome!

Haha, no worries. There were no biscuits or coffee but there was bread and wine if that counts? :tongue: And other than having to shake the people around me's hands I managed to avoid interacting with anyone. VICTORY!

Glad to hear you got the internet set up so quickly. All too often stuff like that ends up being an absolute nightmare. Hope you got to sleep alright and that your mood is better in the morning. Thanks for the advice.

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
No worries! Don't beat yourself up if you don't manage to go, btw :hugs:

I'm alright, just exhausted :o:

I went! :biggrin: Actually found it really nice (not quite the right word but I'm sure you get my point) to be able to reflect on everything. I dunno if that's quite the right thing to do but meh.

I guess you've gone to bed now, but thanks for answering yet more questions from me :smile: Hope you wake up feeling more energetic.
(edited 9 years ago)
:rofl: dude, that made me laugh waaaay too much :tongue:

Haha, no worries. There were no biscuits or coffee but there was bread and wine if that counts? :tongue: And other than having to shake the people around me's hands I managed to avoid interacting with anyone. VICTORY!

Glad to hear you got the internet set up so quickly. All too often stuff like that ends up being an absolute nightmare. Hope you got to sleep alright and that your mood is better in the morning.

I went! :biggrin: Actually found it really nice (not quite the right word but I'm sure you get my point) to be able to reflect on everything. I dunno if that's quite the right thing to do but meh.

I guess you've gone to bed now, but thanks for answering yet more questions from me :smile: Hope you wake up feeling more energetic.

I want to start going to church again, but really scared :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
For my award im doing, i have to do a research project and iv chosen mental health, but have no idea what to do for both the practical and the research :s-smilie:
Anyone got any ideas?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are you scared of? :smile:

For my award im doing, i have to do a research project and iv chosen mental health, but have no idea what to do for both the practical and the research :s-smilie:
Anyone got any ideas?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What about something like mental illness and prison? Something like that was my dissertation backup idea.
(edited 9 years ago)

Glad you had a good experience :biggrin: Sorry, totes forgot to warn you about the shaking hand thing :facepalm: Reflection is always good and to be encouraged :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs:

I know the feeling :sadnod:
Anyone got any ideas?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could you class talking to us lot as either of them? :tongue: Other than that I don't actually know :s-smilie: What sort of thing do they expect?

-----

I can hear an owl and I have a strange urge to go and find it :moon: That said, it's really nice to lie and listen to anyway :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
What are you scared of? :smile:

What about something like mental illness and prison? Something like that was my dissertation backup idea.

All the people, i tried to go once but freaked out when i saw people dressed up going in and i was in jeans a tshirt and a shirt :s-smilie:

Humm, i dunno, really struggling with the research side :s-smilie:
And dunno how to conduct my research, or anything

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
Could you class talking to us guys as either of them? :tongue: Other than that I don't actually know :s-smilie: What sort of thing do they expect?

-----

I can hear an owl and I keep having a strange urge to go and find it :moon: That said, it's really nice to lie and listen to anyway :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1410824543.238402.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry realised my previous post didn't actually make a lot of sense, edited a bit now :colondollar:

Ahh, not sure then :s-smilie: You could do some volunteering somewhere for the first bit easy enough probably, the research as you say is a lot harder! Doing it something mental health related is a good idea though, could be interesting too :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest