The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by furryface12
Sorry realised my previous post didn't actually make a lot of sense, edited a bit now :colondollar:

Ahh, not sure then :s-smilie: You could do some volunteering somewhere for the first bit easy enough probably, the research as you say is a lot harder! Doing it something mental health related is a good idea though, could be interesting too :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Never thought about volunteering :facepalm:

Yeah it doesnt really explain what they want from the research, is it written research like a dissertation? I just know know!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Never thought about volunteering :facepalm:

Yeah it doesnt really explain what they want from the research, is it written research like a dissertation? I just know know!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well you have now :tongue: I was just thinking back to doing Baden Powell, and the few weeks of my commonwealth one before I started GCSEs or something and gave up :getmecoat: Might come back to it sometime though :smile:

It doesn't :s-smilie: Is there any way you could get some examples from people who've done it already? I'm trying to think what my friend did but I can't remember :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
yeah see how it goes, dont talk about it if you dont feel comfortable.
But it sounds REALLY positive that your seeing each other a fair amount, and stuff :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just wish I was more experienced in terms of relationships, I feel so naive

Posted from TSR Mobile
All the people, i tried to go once but freaked out when i saw people dressed up going in and i was in jeans a tshirt and a shirt :s-smilie:

Humm, i dunno, really struggling with the research side :s-smilie:
And dunno how to conduct my research, or anything

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wore jeans and a hoody and most other people there today were in similar clothes. But yeah I did worry that I'd be underdressed. I suppose it depends on the individual church. I dunno, could you try again and wear something semi-fancy or wear a coat over your jeans which you could leave on so people can't really tell how well you're dressed?
Well you have now :tongue: I was just thinking back to my Baden Powell award, and the few weeks of my commonwealth one before I started GCSEs or something and gave up :getmecoat: Might come back to it sometime though :smile:

Is there any way you could get some examples from people who've done it already? I'm trying to think what my friend did but I can't remember :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I never did BP we didnt do badges when i was at guides :frown:
Restart your commonwealth! Seriously its easy, i did it in a week :ninja:

I could ask my mentor, and probably the assessor coordinator lady, though not sure about her as she did MH and i dont want to sort of accidentally end up picking the same research topic as her.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sabertooth
I wore jeans and a hoody and most other people there today were in similar clothes. But yeah I did worry that I'd be underdressed. I suppose it depends on the individual church. I dunno, could you try again and wear something semi-fancy or wear a coat over your jeans which you could leave on so people can't really tell how well you're dressed?

My old church, when i did go everyone was fairly casual, one or two dressed up, like hat lady (she always looked like she was at a bloomin' wedding)
Maybe if i go in jeans and a nice top or a cardigan?
The only coat i have is an old leather bomber jacket :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I never did BP we didnt do badges when i was at guides :frown:
Restart your commonwealth! Seriously its easy, i did it in a week :ninja:

I could ask my mentor, and probably the assessor coordinator lady, though not sure about her as she did MH and i dont want to sort of accidentally end up picking the same research topic as her.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My first guides didn't do it (or anything really) but then I changed and I did :biggrin: Now mine doesn't really do anything but if I'd stayed at the other one I could have done other things, but there you go! Hmmm I know where my stuff is, might have a look tomorrow :smile:

You could just ask what sort of thing, but not what it was about if that makes sense? And ask to see whichever of them didn't do the MH one :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My first guides didn't do it (or anything really) but then I changed and I did :biggrin: Now mine doesn't really do anything but if I'd stayed at the other one I could have done other things, but there you go! Hmmm I know where my stuff is, might have a look tomorrow :smile:

You could just ask what sort of thing, but not what it was about if that makes sense? And ask to see whichever of them didn't do the MH one :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I gave up guides before i got kicked out though :ninja: i wasnt the best of guides.
Im not entirely sure, but you can probably just pick up where you left off. If you ever need any help just send me a PM :smile:

Yeah, im sure my mentor will deffo let me have a look if shes still got it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My old church, when i did go everyone was fairly casual, one or two dressed up, like hat lady (she always looked like she was at a bloomin' wedding)
Maybe if i go in jeans and a nice top or a cardigan?
The only coat i have is an old leather bomber jacket :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jeans and a nice top sounds like a good idea. Anyway, doesn't Christian doctrine say not to judge or look down on people? (Although I'm no expert :tongue:)
I gave up guides before i got kicked out though :ninja: i wasnt the best of guides.
Im not entirely sure, but you can probably just pick up where you left off. If you ever need any help just send me a PM :smile:

Yeah, im sure my mentor will deffo let me have a look if shes still got it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough :lol: If I gave up guides I wouldn't still be in guiding though which is why I haven't :tongue: If that even makes any sense... Hope so, thanks! :smile:

Good! Yeah I'd imagine the still got it/finding it thing could be more problematic though :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
All the people, i tried to go once but freaked out when i saw people dressed up going in and i was in jeans a tshirt and a shirt :s-smilie:

Humm, i dunno, really struggling with the research side :s-smilie:
And dunno how to conduct my research, or anything

Posted from TSR Mobile

Something about public perception maybe? Good luck! I have to do a research project on building surveying, it's so hard to choose your own question and research problem :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by james1211
Something about public perception maybe? Good luck! I have to do a research project on building surveying, it's so hard to choose your own question and research problem :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, maybe.

See i found choosing my dissertation question fairly easy. For me that was the easiest bit of the bloody thing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's a long shot but are there any people currently at lancaster uni who aren't freshers this year on here? I really really need someone to talk to because I'm absolutely terrified of starting uni and I don't know if I'll be able to get any help or support when I get to uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got woken up by my body due to panic. I had 4 hours sleep, just.
Gotta go to school now. All I wanna do is sleep. Had panic untill 6am, after waking up at like half 3 in the morning.

Ugh.
Original post by Hopeless12345
It's a long shot but are there any people currently at lancaster uni who aren't freshers this year on here? I really really need someone to talk to because I'm absolutely terrified of starting uni and I don't know if I'll be able to get any help or support when I get to uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im not at lancaster uni, but im from lancaster, so if you need any info about the city let me know :smile:

I dont think anyone from here goes to lancaster though im afraid

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ScaryScience
off to hospital I go. when will this ever ****ing end? I cannot endure this any more.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Too bloody scared to gonto the meeting tonight :s-smilie:
Have the dentist soon. Scared. I eat too many sweets :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Latest