The Student Room Group

If you could be whatever age you are now in a different decade, what would it be?

*and for what reason? (added to thread title)

50's, 60's, 70's, 80's 90's? (or even further back than the 50's although I doubt that would be much fun :tongue:)

I'm 18 and would of loved to be around in the 80's. Mainly because of the music (a Smiths gig would be great!)

Scroll to see replies

1980s for the music.
1947, so I could witness Dior's new look, and be young in the 50s :love:
the 80's but in America. Certainly not here.
The Victorian era just so I could wear those corsets and have my own maid doing my hair and making me as beautiful as one can be in the 19th century. Maybe grab a few of the dresses while I time travel next to the 80's.

I'm 18.
Original post by moonriver96
the 80's but in America. Certainly not here.

Yeah that would be awesome. Makes me think of Back To The Future haha.
90s definitely.
Original post by Huskaris
1980s for the music.

Same!
Original post by ChrisLay1
Same!

I'd rather put my head in a deep fat fryer than listen to that **** Morrisey though... But otherwise I think we are similar
Original post by Huskaris
I'd rather put my head in a deep fat fryer than listen to that **** Morrisey though... But otherwise I think we are similar

Yeah, Joy Division are great too. I like many other bands.
Reply 10
The 60's, to witness the Beatles at the height of their fame :biggrin:
Reply 11
2450's

I want to go to the future. :yep:
Original post by tk1993
The 60's, to witness the Beatles at the height of their fame :biggrin:

Nice :cool:
90's to catch the dotcom bubble, although 00's would've worked in this and another venture had i been quicker and more knowledgeable.... Oh-well, i guess i will have to make the most of the 2010's :cool:
Reply 14
1950s to test my theories on traditional gender roles and see to what extent my lack of conformity would define as 'nerd' or worse 'loser'
50-60's
80's for the music. Would love to have seen Queen live!
(edited 9 years ago)
Current age (19) in the 0s so I can literally find Jesus. :ahee:
80s for the music mainly. Also the clothes.
I'm 22 atm but I would love to have been a teen in the late 70s/early 80s so I would have a chance to go and see bands like JD and The Smiths live :frown: I also like the culture and fashion from back then too. My mum was a teen back then and she didn't like those bands. She was more of a Wham kinda girl :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest