The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2200
Haven't been on coz of work and moving house and still have only had the chance to watch highlights :/ Saturday's result was obviously disappointing, but bare in mind that it was the first game we've lost to any team other than Chelsea and Man City since the 1st of December. It had to come sooner or later really I suppose. That run coincides with Sterling's return to the first team, he's obviously such an important player now. A completely new front 3 obviously played its part in the result.

Looking ahead to Ludogorets, I can't wait! I think that Henderson only being confirmed as vice-captain the day before the match suggests that Gerrard may be rested tomorrow. With Allen and Can out, that means Lucas/Hendo/Coutinho in midfield.
Tbh Henderson has been ok so far, had a great game vs Spurs though but bar that not done too much of note. Wilshere has been beast this season. Arsenal's best midfielder so far tbh. Ramsey been picking up the goals too even though he's been poor in general performance.
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Yes :sigh:

Although you could argue wilshere has been better this season

Posted from TSR Mobile

i agree
henderson in general is a greater asset to have than wilshere, however the latter has performed better so far this season.

i had such high hopes for wilshere though - obviously he is still quality but i thought he'd become world class tbh.
Original post by Lúcio
i agree
henderson in general is a greater asset to have than wilshere, however the latter has performed better so far this season.

i had such high hopes for wilshere though - obviously he is still quality but i thought he'd become world class tbh.

Completely agree tbh. Since Wilshere was so overhyped I think it's hard for him to live up to his expectations without being of Steven Gerrard/Frank Lampard quality.
Original post by tomtjl
Completely agree tbh. Since Wilshere was so overhyped I think it's hard for him to live up to his expectations without being of Steven Gerrard/Frank Lampard quality.

true, he was just so good in his early years that people expected so much from him.
wasn't there a game against barca where he was bossing it against the strongest midfield in the world at that time?

kind of like sterling in a sense - the expectation for that kid is crazy now, so much pressure for him to be a consistent key player for club and country in several years time.

as far as i'm concerned, england's team isn't actually that bad but they just have an inept manager and they lack chance creation.
they get so few clear chances in a match that it's no wonder we barely score any goals.
Reply 2205
It's Champions League day! :biggrin:
Original post by swarly
It's Champions League day! :biggrin:

It's work day... :frown:

Soon
Just sitting here.. err calmly trying to waste time til the game.

(edited 9 years ago)
[video="youtube;aJjCHYUXT34"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJjCHYUXT34[/video]
Aw you lot looking so happy to play a game against a bulgarian team.

As far as I'm concerned my teams match on wednesday is a waste of time and a simple formality required before getting Chelsea top of the table.

inb4 neg. In all seriousness think you can top the group personally if Madrid keep this up.
Original post by jam278

As far as I'm concerned my teams match on wednesday is a waste of time and a simple formality required before getting Chelsea top of the table.

inb4 neg. In all seriousness think you can top the group personally if Madrid keep this up.

it isn't who we're playing.
it's the competition we're playing in.
Original post by jam278

tbf with us not been in CL for 5 years, it's no surprise to see us happy to play them. But I guess it's more that we're playing a CL match rather than the team like what the person above said.
Original post by jam278

Neg.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
it isn't who we're playing.
it's the competition we're playing in.

Lol has he not said you're on his ignore list enough times?
Original post by So Instinct
Neg.

:frown:

Tbh I see you topping the group. Everybody else is **** in the group bar Madrid who I think you can beat at Anfield with a full strength team. Hopefully you don't top the group because **** me I don't want to face Madrid in the round of 16. Same thing goes for Arsenal and Dortmund.
Original post by jam278
:frown:

Tbh I see you topping the group. Everybody else is **** in the group bar Madrid who I think you can beat at Anfield with a full strength team. Hopefully you don't top the group because **** me I don't want to face Madrid in the round of 16. Same thing goes for Arsenal and Dortmund.

Topping the group? I lol'd.

I'm not fretting about CL progression, this years just about securing CL again and giving the players and Rodgers some CL experience. I'll be happy as long as we go and play some exciting games. Will cry if we play 4-2-3-1.
(edited 9 years ago)
[video="youtube;OfYUK-IT8BQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfYUK-IT8BQ[/video]

Would add to the other post but video limit.
(edited 9 years ago)
Christ I'm excited. Seeing the players train with the CL ball was enough to get me giddy.
Nearly time guys! :excited:
I still can't believe it's been 5 years since we've been in the CL, nice to be back. The atmosphere at Anfield will be awesome no doubt.

Quick Reply

Latest