The Student Room Group

Distance Learning Courses

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend, from personal experience, a good distance learning organisation for AQA A-level Geography? There are so many sites offering the courses and not sure which one to choose!
Original post by Golde
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend, from personal experience, a good distance learning organisation for AQA A-level Geography? There are so many sites offering the courses and not sure which one to choose!

Heya, I'm going to put this in the Geography forum for you as you should get more responses there.:smile:

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=83
Personally as someone who is doing the Alevel studies from a distance learning college, I'm doing my biology Edexcel through a online college called Pembrokeshire online, their website is http://online.pembrokeshire.ac.uk/

I am also doing AQA Geography and G&P through open study college which the information is good, but if you want a hands on tutor who really wants to support you I would go with Pembrokeshire.
I must warn you though, if you think that doing an online a level is going to be a walk in the park, you are very wrong. You have to set up your own system of studying, you need to make sure you are covering the right information and at the right speed.
You do get tutors but it is up to you to pass your exams, the information i got for my AQA geo was woefully undetailed, I bought 2 kindle versions of AQA Geo books, i talked to old teachers who taught AQA geo, who were supportive. But for the first few months i struggled i got side tracked by social media and tv shows, you need to have a drive to study and realize you are all by yourself doing it.

But if you wish to proceed, then good luck, private message me for information or someone to talk to that has gone and going through exactly what you will.

Alice

Quick Reply

Latest